(Hopefully) Constructive "things you don't like/hate about your Macan" thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2019, 09:38 AM
dg108
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by lefizzet
2018 GTS

1. Backup camera location has to be the worst in any car I've ever driven, might as well not have one if you drive more than 5 minutes in the rain/snow
2. Brakes are very hard to modulate in stop in go traffic, it's either no brakes or you're getting slammed into the dashboard
Something is up with your brakes, our '17 GTS brakes are great.
Old 12-23-2019, 10:50 AM
Baron.Eggelbert
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

The backup camera has to be the worst on any vehicle made in the last decade. If any other company had created such a piece of excrement, the CEO would make a public apology.

On the plus side I have re-learned the various over the shoulder techniques I used when driving in the 90s.
The following users liked this post:
lefizzet (12-24-2019)
Old 12-23-2019, 11:53 PM
Otakugamer
Advanced

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

Here’s one thing I’ve just come to notice - if you wish to remove you trunk cover (the top cover, not bottom), there is no place in the vehicle to store it! So if I go to the store and buy something that’s tall and need to remove the trunk cover, I have no where to place it!
Old 12-23-2019, 11:58 PM
wwahl
Pro

Received 130 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by Otakugamer
Here’s one thing I’ve just come to notice - if you wish to remove you trunk cover (the top cover, not bottom), there is no place in the vehicle to store it! So if I go to the store and buy something that’s tall and need to remove the trunk cover, I have no where to place it!
Why not put it behind the front seats?
Old 12-24-2019, 12:12 AM
Otakugamer
Advanced

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

I would have to kick my passengers out (or make them hold it in their laps). Haha.
Old 12-29-2019, 08:58 AM
dak911
Three Wheelin'

Received 141 Likes on 115 Posts

Small dislike, the on/off for the lane change assist .. I noticed that is wasn't working and had to get he manual out to see why.... putting the button in with the window switch .. not a great place for it... should be "up top"
The following users liked this post:
Pavegeno928 (02-05-2020)
Old 12-31-2019, 06:55 PM
peterp
Three Wheelin'

Received 652 Likes on 400 Posts

For those of you with CarPlay cable connect issues -- if the cable is good (cerfitied Apple-compliant), I really recommend having somebody clean the lighthing port on your iPhone. I just had my iPhone serviced and they cleaned the lightning port and now the CarPlay connection issues are gone. My port looked 100% clean, but they still pulled out a bunch of lint.

I think the reason why connection issues seem worse with CarPlay is because any connection issue, no matter how brief, causes CarPlay to diconnect. Most other lightning interfaces are more tolerant of temporary connection issues and they automatically reconnect when there is a temp connection issue.

The following 2 users liked this post by peterp:
ABusLux (01-01-2020), PistolPete (01-01-2020)
Old 01-01-2020, 05:12 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by peterp
For those of you with CarPlay cable connect issues -- if the cable is good (cerfitied Apple-compliant), I really recommend having somebody clean the lighthing port on your iPhone. I just had my iPhone serviced and they cleaned the lightning port and now the CarPlay connection issues are gone. My port looked 100% clean, but they still pulled out a bunch of lint.

I think the reason why connection issues seem worse with CarPlay is because any connection issue, no matter how brief, causes CarPlay to diconnect. Most other lightning interfaces are more tolerant of temporary connection issues and they automatically reconnect when there is a temp connection issue.
Great advice. You'd be surprised at how much gunk can accumulate there. I've had more than a few oh cr@p moments when the phone wouldn't take a charge after putting the cable in.
Old 01-05-2020, 01:08 AM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,223 Likes on 1,326 Posts

So just getting in from the 400 mile trek and whilst the memory is fresh, here are my initial observations which I'll keep adding to it in one place.

1) The garnet red instrument cluster isn't really garnet red once it's illuminated because instead of using a red LED or changing the wavelength to red to illuminate it, they use white. Result is a washed out pinkish sort of hue.

2) So the cluster is garnet red but the chrono looks like it has a filament dull yellow bulb...

3) Pilot or small light by rear view mirror is white???? Should be red for night vision if that's what it's there for if not don't see the point

4) Personal observation of course, but I found the seat cushion hard - could be old bones of course but these were comfort seats.

5) Still not in love with the Lincoln MKX back lights

6) Must be an easier way to change tracks on the PCM

7) No memory for settings - i.e. heated steering wheel, or seat heating when re-entering the car. Seat heating is off as well as steering wheel. Not a catastrophe but it would have been easy to save automatically (or optionally disable).

8) Rear camera is useless in winter as it's constantly iced or covered. No lens heating and the little sprayer has been frosted over since the minute I left the showroom. I now carry a little needle to unclog things. It's not a fluid issue only since it's not freezing when it hits the glass, it's frozen in the lines or the reservoir as nothing ever hits the glass.

9) The inability to link a phone with a profile (key FOB or memory set). With two drivers yo have to keep switching "active" phones every time the OP drives the vehicle

LOVE

* The access to information on the vehicle via the trackball. Something Audi designers should perhaps discover

* Style and presence

Time to hit the sack more later, been a long day

siberian

Last edited by siberian; 01-21-2020 at 11:50 AM.
Old 01-11-2020, 11:44 PM
medtech
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I dislike the fact that in 2015, a friggin backup camera was not standard (even on a Turbo).
Old 01-19-2020, 10:57 PM
craig66
Pro

Received 497 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by rpetty3
what he said. 14 ways
What is the issue with the 18 way seats?

I found the 14 ways a little too firm and the 18's were comfortable and supportive and not as firm.
The one issue that I can imagine is that the passenger does not get to vary their body position that much and on a long trip that could be an issue
Also for larger people the boslters can I imagine be an issue but even those can be swung out with the 18 way options
Old 01-19-2020, 11:22 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 433 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by Baron.Eggelbert
The backup camera has to be the worst on any vehicle made in the last decade. If any other company had created such a piece of excrement, the CEO would make a public apology.

On the plus side I have re-learned the various over the shoulder techniques I used when driving in the 90s.
No, the camera on my 18 F150 is the worst. The Macan's is actually decent.
Old 01-20-2020, 01:31 AM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,223 Likes on 1,326 Posts

The REAR camera Todd??? I don't expect to see anything out of it until June and don't get me started on the little "squirter"... the camera should be mounted where the 3rd brake light is - out of the way of crap

siberian

The best long distance runners eat raw meat, run naked and sleep in the snow
Old 01-20-2020, 08:09 AM
dg108
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd B
No, the camera on my 18 F150 is the worst. The Macan's is actually decent.
Ha! We also have an '18 F150, that camera is certainly no better than the Macan at picking up junk immediately. Love the car but why do the front parking sensors have to beep at you while you are reversing?
Old 01-20-2020, 11:32 AM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 285 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by siberian
The REAR camera Todd??? I don't expect to see anything out of it until June and don't get me started on the little "squirter"... the camera should be mounted where the 3rd brake light is - out of the way of crap

siberian

The best long distance runners eat raw meat, run naked and sleep in the snow
The problem I see is that all the crap sucks up the back of the car and regardless of where the camera is it would get covered in thick dirt at least. The camera should be covered like on my wife's GLC300 and open when you put the car in reverse. That camera stays clean.

Quick Reply: (Hopefully) Constructive "things you don't like/hate about your Macan" thread