Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2021, 07:09 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete C
Thread update

I found ceramic pads and they have been installed
for a few weeks now and the dust reduction is HUGE!
Brake feel is a little “different” but after a few days feels completely normal and solid.

Happy with the results but more importantly the wheels do not look horrendous after driving it a couple of days.

I’ll report back with brand, part numbers and what to expect.
what brand of pad did you find that fit? What year and model? Thanks!

Last edited by Phil G.; 11-16-2021 at 08:00 AM.
Old 11-13-2021, 07:38 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Received 573 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by Terry Adams
Glad the sales guy talked me out of PCCB for the Macan. I like them so much on the 911TT I was willing to spend the extra.

He said I would be happy with the PSCB, standard on the '21 Turbo. After 9K miles, I am delighted with their performance, and zero brake dust that I can observe.
Really happy to read that, Terry. I have had PCCB on a wonderful base 991.2 911 and on a terrific 718 GT4. Loved them on both cars.

God bless you,
Tom
Old 11-16-2021, 12:31 AM
Pete C
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil G.
what brand of odd did you find that fit? What year and model? Thanks!
I’ll reply back with parts information
Old 11-16-2021, 08:02 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

I’ll reply back with parts information
Thanks. I meant “pad” of course, not “odd.”
Old 11-16-2021, 09:04 AM
JonCanadian
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

I've got ~12K km on PowerStop Z23 (from Rock Auto) and love them. Much less brake dust, no squeaking or noise and stopping power seems about the same for normal/aggressive street and hwy driving.
The following users liked this post:
Phil G. (11-16-2021)
Old 11-19-2021, 07:51 PM
Pete C
Rennlist Member

The brand of pads i have on my 21 Macan GTS are from Centric. They are available through Tire Rack. I had the same brand on my 14 Cayenne GTS that i had installed at 17K miles and I traded that car this past February with 75K miles on it and they still had plenty of life left on them. Great overall experience!
The Centric's are quiet pads with good peddle feel. Brake dust is cut by 85-90% which was my 100% motivation to do this. Ironically the front pads are same for the 14 Cayenne GTS and the 21 Macan GTS, rears pads between the Cay & Mac are different.

I discussed this with the Tire Rack sales guy - When you search under '21 Macan GTS NO brake pads show up. If you search under 21 Macan S there is a option which shows the GTS/Turbo front pads (numbers below) and also a Hawk fitment (hb915z.664) for the rear. I ordered these both but the Hawks do not fit, it is totally different so their site is wrong for the rears. I called Hawk and they somehow figured out that the 2017 Audi Q5 3.0t Prestige uses the same pad as the Macan although never mentioned the pad sensor issue mentioned below.

Centric Posi Quiet Ceramic pads
Front - 105.13490

Rear - 105.13861
This part shows as a match for an Audi Q5. The ONLY difference to fit the Macan is that the low pad wear sensor cannot be used. I did not see this as an issue based on my long life experience with my cayenne so i am using them and will have them checked at every 10K service.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask away. Oh and they are cheap as hell - side bonus!

Old 11-19-2021, 08:09 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Originally Posted by JonCanadian
I've got ~12K km on PowerStop Z23 (from Rock Auto) and love them. Much less brake dust, no squeaking or noise and stopping power seems about the same for normal/aggressive street and hwy driving.
Does Powerstop make F/R pads to fit the Gen2 GTS?
Old 11-19-2021, 08:12 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

The brand of pads i have on my 21 Macan GTS are from Centric. They are available through Tire Rack. I had the same brand on my 14 Cayenne GTS that i had installed at 17K miles and I traded that car this past February with 75K miles on it and they still had plenty of life left on them. Great overall experience!
The Centric's are quiet pads with good peddle feel. Brake dust is cut by 85-90% which was my 100% motivation to do this. Ironically the front pads are same for the 14 Cayenne GTS and the 21 Macan GTS, rears pads between the Cay & Mac are different.

I discussed this with the Tire Rack sales guy - When you search under '21 Macan GTS NO brake pads show up. If you search under 21 Macan S there is a option which shows the GTS/Turbo front pads (numbers below) and also a Hawk fitment (hb915z.664) for the rear. I ordered these both but the Hawks do not fit, it is totally different so their site is wrong for the rears. I called Hawk and they somehow figured out that the 2017 Audi Q5 3.0t Prestige uses the same pad as the Macan although never mentioned the pad sensor issue mentioned below.

Front - 105.13490

Rear - 105.13861
This part shows as a match for an Audi Q5. The ONLY difference to fit the Macan is that the low pad wear sensor cannot be used. I did not see this as an issue based on my long life experience with my cayenne so i am using them and will have them checked at every 10K service.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask away. Oh and they are cheap as hell - side bonus!
Very useful post! The only downside for me is that the low pad sensor won’t work with them. Yes, I could have them checked every 10K miles, but my OCD might keep me from buying them.
Old 11-19-2021, 09:44 PM
Pete C
Rennlist Member

Very useful post! The only downside for me is that the low pad sensor won’t work with them. Yes, I could have them checked every 10K miles, but my OCD might keep me from buying them.
I get it but based on my experience with the Cayenne and it’s additional weight, I don’t have any concerns. Not to mention, these are so inexpensive, have them checked at every 10k service and keep a spare pair on hand. The Porsche service writer could not believe how well they performed and lasted in the Cayenne for the 4 years they where on my car.
Old 11-20-2021, 07:37 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

I get it but based on my experience with the Cayenne and it’s additional weight, I don’t have any concerns. Not to mention, these are so inexpensive, have them checked at every 10k service and keep a spare pair on hand. The Porsche service writer could not believe how well they performed and lasted in the Cayenne for the 4 years they where on my car.
Pete see my PM. Can you post the specifics on where you got your pads? Thanks.
Old 11-21-2021, 12:40 AM
Pete C
Rennlist Member

Pete see my PM. Can you post the specifics on where you got your pads? Thanks.

Tire Rack has them
Old 10-08-2022, 01:32 AM
SD00
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Front - 105.13490

Rear - 105.13861

thanks for this research. The brake dust on my 21 Macan GTS is also driving me crazy. I looked at tire rack but under 2022 Macan S which is basically the same as a 2021 GTS and checked the configurator on the 2022 S and brake and tire specs seem to be exactly the same as my 2021 GTS. Tire Rack now has Hawk Ceramics for this vehicle as follows:
  • FRONT
  • Manufacturer Part #: HB720Z.575
  • Note: Front brake pads. GTS/Turbo 360mm Front Disc GTS 396mm Front Ceramic Disc
  • REAR
  • Manufacturer Part #: HB823Z.652
  • Note: Rear brake pads. For Base and S models with 330mm iron Rear discs.
the part for rear is different than the one you noted so maybe these ones fit? Not sure about sensors for Hawks but I too would be concerned without them. Maybe someone will try these and repot back.

Quick Reply: ‘21 GTS ceramic brake pad availability?