Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Sport mode

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2023, 10:14 AM
Avera
Burning Brakes

Received 411 Likes on 239 Posts

Hard to believe that with all the aftermarket options available that nobody has a very simple way to save driving settings?

As simple as it is to hit or turn a button, seems there are many who would gobble up the option to purchase a simple mode to save settings . . . I know I would. It is a simple procedure, yet, a repetitive annoyance every time you get into the car.

Avera
Old 05-23-2023, 12:52 PM
wbferran
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Avera
23' GTS

Roar Pedal is what I consider the best $150 anyone could spend on a Macan, or $300 if you prefer another aftermarket option. They are all the same.

Could have been very happy with a Roar Pedal and Normal mode all day, every day.

Frivolously installed COBB tune. Performs flawlessly and has really given the 2.9L V6 some 'more' where it otherwise tends to flatten out. Again, Normal mode absolutely brilliant with throttle controller . . . and even better with COBB tune.

The COBB tune does NOT address throttle lag, so the throttle booster remains a must . . . SPORT and SPORT Plus offer nothing.

However, I still wish there was a way to save the settings because it is just too damn inconvenient to hit a simple console button (exhaust) button every time I get into the car. It sounds stupid but, for some reason, it is simply a pain in the *ss having to hit that damn button constantly.

Avera
this is the first time I have heard of ROAR. Is it the same type of idea as the Sprint Booster? Thx

Old 05-23-2023, 02:50 PM
Avera
Burning Brakes

Received 411 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by wbferran
this is the first time I have heard of ROAR. Is it the same type of idea as the Sprint Booster? Thx
Yes, they all do and work the same . . . I went with the Bluetooth Roar Pedal because:

1. It is about half the price as all the other aftermarket options available ($169. If you apply PORCHE code at checkout it will come to $159)
2. The size of the module is about half the size of all the other aftermarket options available
3. The connection cables are very short and it makes it VERY easy to tuck it in the plastic fascia under the steering column. I just used a zip tie to tie it down to the steering column behind the plastic fascia.

Those are my reasons but enthusiasts feedback seems to be the same for all of the aftermarket options, so you really cannot go wrong with any of them.

I firmly believe this is the best $150-300 anyone can spend on a Macan . . . I am just an enthusiast. Absolutely no ties whatsoever to any of these companies or any of there products, other than I am consumer.

Avera

Last edited by Avera; 05-23-2023 at 02:53 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Russian Mafia (05-24-2023)
Old 05-24-2023, 11:54 AM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

Received 855 Likes on 419 Posts

I use a Pedal Commander ($299) in my 992 because of testimonials by other 992 owners. I can't imagine not using this type of device in any car no less a high performance Porsche. I'll need an additional unit for the Macan and will probably get another PC since I've already installed and used it on other cars. Otherwise I'd consider the Roar or another less expensive device.
Old 06-08-2023, 09:00 PM
ajayabb
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Avera
Yes, they all do and work the same . . . I went with the Bluetooth Roar Pedal because:

1. It is about half the price as all the other aftermarket options available ($169. If you apply PORCHE code at checkout it will come to $159)
2. The size of the module is about half the size of all the other aftermarket options available
3. The connection cables are very short and it makes it VERY easy to tuck it in the plastic fascia under the steering column. I just used a zip tie to tie it down to the steering column behind the plastic fascia.

Those are my reasons but enthusiasts feedback seems to be the same for all of the aftermarket options, so you really cannot go wrong with any of them.

I firmly believe this is the best $150-300 anyone can spend on a Macan . . . I am just an enthusiast. Absolutely no ties whatsoever to any of these companies or any of there products, other than I am consumer.

Avera

Just installed the Roar Pedal in my 2021 Macan GTS. Being 6'2" it took me a bit of effort to remove the pedal and reinstall with the BT module. Completely took care of the annoying throttle lag well known with this vehicle I found Sport Mode in the Roar Pedal settings to be the sweet spot for me. I did get a pedal position sensor error when installed it perhaps because I didn't let the ecu shut down prior to install. The instructions recommend letting the car sit for 20 minutes after shutting the car off before installing. The phone app works very well and connects right away one the vehicle is started. Easily the best 169 bucks you can spend on the Macan.

Quick Reply: Sport mode