Macan 2014-Current

Locking Doors with Porsche Entry

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2023, 09:26 AM
AlBinVA
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 64 Posts
Default Locking Doors with Porsche Entry

I have a very difficult time trying to lock the door by pressing the "Tab A" button on the door handle. My success rate is about 5% and end up taking key out of pocket to lock. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 05-03-2023, 10:03 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by AlBinVA
I have a very difficult time trying to lock the door by pressing the "Tab A" button on the door handle. My success rate is about 5% and end up taking key out of pocket to lock. Any advice would be appreciated.
Don't "press"...barely touch the spot with the back of 2 fingers.
Old 05-03-2023, 10:40 AM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 891 Likes on 533 Posts

and don't grab the handle at the same time
Old 05-03-2023, 11:15 AM
16PanaHybrid
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

I just slap my palm against the outside of the handle and hold it there for a second. Works every time.
The following users liked this post:
rdubu (05-04-2023)
Old 05-03-2023, 03:47 PM
Blu311
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Mine is a 2015, one little touch of the finger works for me 95% of the time, normally I just light rub my finger over that area and it locks.
Old 05-03-2023, 04:32 PM
AlBinVA
Racer

Thanks all

Was out and about today and I am getting the hang of the "Locking Touch". Worked immediately almost every time.
16PanaHybrid (05-03-2023)
Old 05-04-2023, 12:09 AM
#1SomeGuy
Burning Brakes

Received 538 Likes on 318 Posts

I use the back of my index finger, just hold it gently there for a moment...and if you continue to hold, it will even fold the mirrors in.
Old 05-04-2023, 02:48 AM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,230 Likes on 908 Posts

Originally Posted by AlBinVA
Which vehicle did you drive prior to the Macan?

Different brands have different Comfort Entry experience.

MB has a large touch area on the door handle, the area is somewhat “flat”, and the area is sensitive. So pretty easy to use.

Porsche (Cayenne) has a smaller area, the area is recessed, and appears to be less sensitive. So a different user experience.

My solution for success each time is to touch and hold. Any skin surface will do, eg bad of hand, elbow, fingertip etc. The half second or one second hold seems to be the important step.

People report similar difficulties using HOLD on MB, it takes a certain technique but once learned is easily repeatable. HOLD on Porsche is a bit easier to engage than MB.
Old 05-04-2023, 08:48 AM
AlBinVA
Racer

Originally Posted by chassis
Which vehicle did you drive prior to the Macan?

Different brands have different Comfort Entry experience.

MB has a large touch area on the door handle, the area is somewhat “flat”, and the area is sensitive. So pretty easy to use.

Porsche (Cayenne) has a smaller area, the area is recessed, and appears to be less sensitive. So a different user experience.

My solution for success each time is to touch and hold. Any skin surface will do, eg bad of hand, elbow, fingertip etc. The half second or one second hold seems to be the important step.

People report similar difficulties using HOLD on MB, it takes a certain technique but once learned is easily repeatable. HOLD on Porsche is a bit easier to engage than MB.
My two previous cars with entry were a 991.2 c2s and a Lexus RCF. Both worked flawlessly. My current Macan, not as responsive, but it has gotten better since I lightened my touch on the handle as suggested above.
Thanks
chassis (05-05-2023)

Quick Reply: Locking Doors with Porsche Entry