Macan 2014-Current

Macan Rennline New Product Development Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2023, 09:39 PM
///Bruce
Pro

Received 124 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by VAGfan
H&R and EuroCode Tuning already make front and rear upgraded swaybars to fit the Macan.
ECS Tuning, EuroCode Tuning and 034 Motorsports already make upgraded front lower crossbraces.
034 Motorsport makes an upgraded upper-front stress-bar brace.
034 Motorsport makes upgraded and adjustable sway-bar endlinks, and front control arms.
And some of these above manufacturers make higher density transmission and rear diff and rear subframe inserts/bushings.
All the Audi Q5 and A6/A7 stuff fits the Macan. Most (except swaybars) of the Audi S4 stuff fits.

Why do you care if it has "Rennline" printed/machined into those items?
Sales. Sales. Sales. Especially if it’s in kit form.
Old 05-20-2023, 08:02 AM
BradB
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

One of the best selling phone holders on the market is the Quadlock. It’s fantastic and has many options and applications. (Especially in the active Motorsports segment) But there is no “base” you can use to affix it to the Macan or any Porsche model. I would like to see a universal type base that could be used to affix other brands of phone holders besides just the Rennline magnetic one.

I have Rennline holders in all my Porsches but they no longer get used since I switched to the Quadlock system.
Old 12-03-2023, 12:05 PM
Razgumio
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2024 Macan Visors

Originally Posted by Rennline
Hey Everyone,

I'm Sam from Rennline. I manage the engineering team here and I am working on our new product development pipeline. We have a 95B Macan Turbo in house for the next couple months and I wanted to reach out to the community for R&D ideas.

What would you like to see developed for the Macan? Interior, exterior, performance, aesthetic, or fixes for common issues. We are all ears!
I just bought a 2024 Macan. Unbelievably, the sun visor is fixed and cannot be used to protect from sun coming from the side windows. There are some very ugly third party solutions,
Amazon Amazon
. How about a new visor solution to include a hinge to cover the side window? Leather would be nice....
Old 12-04-2023, 10:54 AM
steveo17
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Razgumio
I just bought a 2024 Macan. Unbelievably, the sun visor is fixed and cannot be used to protect from sun coming from the side windows. There are some very ugly third party solutions, https://www.amazon.com/TuckVisor-Win...g=snx1-20&th=1 . How about a new visor solution to include a hinge to cover the side window? Leather would be nice....
I like your thought process but let me be the first to tell you that you should want nothing to do with replacing the sun visor. The clip system holding it into the headliner is a royal PITA to remove and put back
Old 12-04-2023, 11:06 AM
Razgumio
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks steveo17. I just re-read my post. To clarify the visor pivots covering the front part of the side window but does not slide to cover the back.
Old 12-05-2023, 07:15 AM
WillinEvergreen
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

I second the sun visor issue.
Old 12-05-2023, 09:58 AM
BMinSFL
Racer

Received 126 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Razgumio
I just bought a 2024 Macan. Unbelievably, the sun visor is fixed and cannot be used to protect from sun coming from the side windows. There are some very ugly third party solutions, https://www.amazon.com/TuckVisor-Win...g=snx1-20&th=1 . How about a new visor solution to include a hinge to cover the side window? Leather would be nice....
Hey its not that ugly lol. I spiced mine up a bit and you can barely see it behind tinted glass. I find it works better than a visor (when comparing to the ones on my Lexus) and can be angled lower if the sun is closer to the horizon where the OE visor can't help.

Old 12-05-2023, 02:31 PM
roule
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

1) significant mass reduction and at least 25% better fuel economy! (we can dream, can't we?)

2) wider 20" diameter lightweight forged rims with proper offset similar in appearance to a Ronal R54 but with 10 spokes; _not_ overpriced heavy 21" wheels.

3) simple clean properly painted replacements for entire front grille & fascia and also the ugly lower rear fascia. Porsche designers have royally effed up what used to be a clean look with unnecessary textures and patterns and aggressive angular lines on the plastic add-ons for what used to be a clean muscular classic Porsche design. Include proper screened grille protection for radiators.

4) matte film protection for center console buttons.

5) proper centered US front license plate holder that puts the license as low as possible Drilling is fine.

6) agreed with visor extension

Going off the deep end ...

7) Rear seat delete option for those who haul pets, not kids

8) relocated Lithium battery replacement -- get the weight off the nose!!!

9) improved metal shifter paddles (since Porsche won't give us a proper manual transmission)

10) exhaust deletion kit (actually serious ... I am no more impressed looking at huge tailpipes any more than I am looking at the south end of a northbound cow. Make a catback exhaust system that concentrates on mass reduction and completely hides the exhaust outlets from view. There is no need in the world for oversized jeweled finish pollutant outlets.)
Old 12-07-2023, 01:34 PM
VAGfan
Pro

Received 273 Likes on 182 Posts
Talking

" 8) relocated Lithium battery replacement -- get the weight off the nose!!! "

The battery is under the rear trunk floor.....

To get some weight off the nose, you need the V6 to 4-Cyl conversion kit....

Last edited by VAGfan; 12-07-2023 at 01:36 PM.
The following users liked this post:
BobG999999 (12-07-2023)

Quick Reply: Macan Rennline New Product Development Ideas