Old 05-16-2023, 09:11 AM
Rennline
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 73 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Macan Rennline New Product Development Ideas

Hey Everyone,

I'm Sam from Rennline. I manage the engineering team here and I am working on our new product development pipeline. We have a 95B Macan Turbo in house for the next couple months and I wanted to reach out to the community for R&D ideas.

What would you like to see developed for the Macan? Interior, exterior, performance, aesthetic, or fixes for common issues. We are all ears!
Old 05-16-2023, 09:40 AM
Avera
Burning Brakes

Received 412 Likes on 239 Posts

I am not sure if all Macan models 22+ are devoid of the black front splitter that was preset on earlier models? I have a 23' GTS and there is no splitter, which I find is a shortcoming (pic below with white body paint).

I have also attached a photo of a pre-22 model with the OEM splitter look I am after (red body paint).

I have looked at currently available aftermarket offerings and none are what I am after. To be blunt, cheap ‘glue-ons.’ What is needed is a bolt-on replacement (e.g., a quality product that looks and function OEM).

Developing a ‘proper’ front splitter should be quite simple and inexpensive. The OEM front ‘splitter’ on my 23’ GTS is held on by a few under-mount screws, so very easy to remove/replace.

Likewise, the consumer cost should be very reasonable given we are talking about OEM-type black plastic. For example, My GT4 front splitter replacement is on the order of only a couple-hundred dollars to replace.

Of course, if someone wished to have the splitter match their body paint, they could pursue on their own through a local body shop. Still, I believe most would simply want the OEM black plastic, again, as shown in pic below.

I THINK you would find great demand in the market for this product

Thank you

Avera

Old 05-16-2023, 11:26 PM
wwahl
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Rennline
Hey Everyone,

I'm Sam from Rennline. I manage the engineering team here and I am working on our new product development pipeline. We have a 95B Macan Turbo in house for the next couple months and I wanted to reach out to the community for R&D ideas.

What would you like to see developed for the Macan? Interior, exterior, performance, aesthetic, or fixes for common issues. We are all ears!
I'd like to see a functional front window shade. Nine years or so, Porsche has not fixed this.
The following users liked this post:
Russian Mafia (05-17-2023)
Old 05-17-2023, 08:10 AM
Avera
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by wwahl
I'd like to see a functional front window shade. Nine years or so, Porsche has not fixed this.
I guess I do not know what I might be missing because I do not even know what a front window shade is?

Are you referring to the visors? If so, in what way do you feel they are not functional?

Avera
Old 05-17-2023, 12:52 PM
wwahl
Pro

Originally Posted by Avera
I guess I do not know what I might be missing because I do not even know what a front window shade is?

Are you referring to the visors? If so, in what way do you feel they are not functional?

Avera
When you pull the shade to the side window, it doesn't extend to cover where the sun is blinding you.
Old 05-17-2023, 04:40 PM
Avera
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by wwahl
When you pull the shade to the side window, it doesn't extend to cover where the sun is blinding you.
I understand . . . not a problem I have personally experienced

Avera
Old 05-17-2023, 04:47 PM
wwahl
Pro

Originally Posted by Avera
I understand . . . not a problem I have personally experienced

Avera
A member here sent me some large flat rubber band that I affixed to the visor. You can slip a flat piece of anything under them and make an adjustment when you block the sun'
s rays from the side.
Avera (05-17-2023)
Old 05-18-2023, 11:51 AM
VAGfan
Pro

Received 273 Likes on 182 Posts

Idea#1:
An upgraded subwoofer that is a plug-and-play replacement of the factory Bose unit in the spare tire well. Have a custom MDF box designed, that mounts like the Bose plastic box, with a higher quality speaker unit, that is properly matched to the box. Could be a sealed box of ported design, as long as the enclosure and speaker are properly matched. Best audio performance only happens if the enclosure volume/port tuning is designed based on the acoustical properties of the woofer driver.

Idea#2
A small electronic unit which plugs in between the radiator louver servo motor and the existing motor connector, allowing manual control of the radiator louvers, with a switch so that the louvers can be kept open all the time, or select if they are under the normal factory DME control. Better yet, a plug-and-play box which has a temperature sensor that clips onto the PDK fluid cooler line (before the cooler), that, if the fluid exceeds a certain temperature, it opens the louvers and runs the radiator fans to lower the PDK fluid temperature. This would help lower the peak PDK fluid temperature in stop and go traffic conditions.

Idea#3
An add-on PDK cooler kit, which is independent of the factory cooling loop, consisting of:
- A stock PDK pan that has two fluid hose connector fittings welded on. These fittings need to clear the crossmember located below the pan.
- An electric fluid pump
- Precut hoses with attached fittings
- A small heat exchanger, with a fan, and mounting brackets, so that the exchanger can be mounted, perhaps behind the grill.
- A thermostatic switch to sense the PDK fluid temp, that turns on the pump and fan if the temperature exceeds a certain level.

Idea#4
Design a custom plastic housing so that a P3 Cars universal OBD Gauge can be cleanly mounted to the dash of the Macan, perhaps on the top of the upper steering colum cover, or one of the air vents, or the small trim panel between the right side of the colum and the center vent.
P3 cars doesn't offer any fitment for the Macan, I have asked.
P3 V3 OBD2 - DIY Gauge (2008+) - P3 Cars

Idea#5
A small plug-and-play electronic box that plugs in between the roof console "horse-shoe" light, that would dim that light by about 50%. Then, the ambient lighting of the footwells and door-cards could be set bright enough without the horse-shoe light being too bright. The factory brightness proportions between these lights is way-off.

Tell me when to stop......😁

Oh, and I get an 80% discount on any of these products!

Last edited by VAGfan; 05-18-2023 at 05:58 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by VAGfan:
banksc01 (05-18-2023), chong0 (05-18-2023), Nickshu (05-18-2023)
Old 05-18-2023, 01:22 PM
ozziegt
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

A better phone mount that sits higher up, not down by my knees.
banksc01 (05-18-2023)
Old 05-19-2023, 12:18 AM
#1SomeGuy
Burning Brakes

Received 538 Likes on 318 Posts

An intake system that lets you really hear the turbo's and bypass valves...but ideally adds a bit of performance too and doesn't just use a couple cone filters on pipes that lead to hot engine air in the intake. I miss listening to the spool and achoo from my old mazdaspeed 3 with a corksport widepath intake and forge BPV.
Old 05-19-2023, 08:35 AM
Avera
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by #1SomeGuy
An intake system that lets you really hear the turbo's and bypass valves...but ideally adds a bit of performance too and doesn't just use a couple cone filters on pipes that lead to hot engine air in the intake. I miss listening to the spool and achoo from my old mazdaspeed 3 with a corksport widepath intake and forge BPV.
I am not certain which model year or sub-model you own?

My 23' GTS with Flat6 high-flow intakes that produce no appreciably significant increase in power or throttle/turbo responses . . . HOWEVER, it does produce a VERY apparent 'swoosh and chirp' that was not apparent with the OEM intakes/filters. Other owners have consistently reported the same result.

If you own a 22' or 23' S or GTS with 2.9L V6 (single turbo) I believe you could expect the same result, which you state you're after. I had Macan Turbo with twin turbos and Flat6 high-flow intakes/filters that I do not recall produced such an apparent 'swoosh and chirp.'

Avera

Last edited by Avera; 05-19-2023 at 01:10 PM.
Old 05-19-2023, 11:36 AM
#1SomeGuy
Burning Brakes

Received 538 Likes on 318 Posts

I have the 21' GTS with the 2.9l as well...Flat 6 does have that intake for it but it appears to just be a filter and little plate?
Old 05-19-2023, 01:11 PM
Avera
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by #1SomeGuy
I have the 21' GTS with the 2.9l as well...Flat 6 does have that intake for it but it appears to just be a filter and little plate?
That is all it takes . . . if you want that swoosh and chirp.

Avera
Old 05-19-2023, 06:51 PM
///Bruce
Pro

Received 124 Likes on 96 Posts

You can keep all your cute noise generator pieces and parts. How 'bout some upgraded suspension packages for either strut/shock/spring or air versions. This would include customizable upgraded and adjustable and non-adjustable sway bars, sway bar bushings, belly cross-braces that would have RENNLINE printed on it, stronger upper tower bracing with RENNLINE embossed on them. Throw in some pretty teflon-coated SS brake lines and some 2-pc rotors (possibly a larger kit similar to the Turbo PP). You know. Stuff like that...

Give me better control. Not a loud Porsche.
Old 05-19-2023, 08:16 PM
VAGfan
Pro

Received 273 Likes on 182 Posts

H&R and EuroCode Tuning already make front and rear upgraded swaybars to fit the Macan.
ECS Tuning, EuroCode Tuning and 034 Motorsports already make upgraded front lower crossbraces.
034 Motorsport makes an upgraded upper-front stress-bar brace.
034 Motorsport makes upgraded and adjustable sway-bar endlinks, and front control arms.
And some of these above manufacturers make higher density transmission and rear diff and rear subframe inserts/bushings.
All the Audi Q5 and A6/A7 stuff fits the Macan. Most (except swaybars) of the Audi S4 stuff fits.

Why do you care if it has "Rennline" printed/machined into those items?

Last edited by VAGfan; 05-19-2023 at 08:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Macan Rennline New Product Development Ideas