OEM sport exhaust tip installation

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2023, 01:34 AM
john981
Rennlist Member

Received 227 Likes on 139 Posts
Default OEM sport exhaust tip installation

Hi everyone,

My new 2023 Macan S is on its way to the US. I have not custom ordered it but did all the paperwork to secure the car before it arrives at the dealership. Since it is not custom ordered, of course there are few options I wish the car would have had. One of them is the black sports exhaust tip. Thank God, apparently these is one of the few Porsche options which can be added after the car arrives. I know there are cheaper aftermarket parts but I would definitely go with the OEM part. Price is around $1000. I have seen some Youtube Videos where people swap the tips within few minutes. I was wondering who has done that before here and how difficult is the job. Is there any specific torque you have to tighten the bolts? It seem to be a safe and easy job but you never know....
Old 06-08-2023, 12:01 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by john981
Hi everyone,

My new 2023 Macan S is on its way to the US. I have not custom ordered it but did all the paperwork to secure the car before it arrives at the dealership. Since it is not custom ordered, of course there are few options I wish the car would have had. One of them is the black sports exhaust tip. Thank God, apparently these is one of the few Porsche options which can be added after the car arrives. I know there are cheaper aftermarket parts but I would definitely go with the OEM part. Price is around $1000. I have seen some Youtube Videos where people swap the tips within few minutes. I was wondering who has done that before here and how difficult is the job. Is there any specific torque you have to tighten the bolts? It seem to be a safe and easy job but you never know....
Have the dealer parts department printout the install instructions - torque settings may be there.
The following users liked this post:
john981 (06-09-2023)
Old 06-08-2023, 12:31 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 311 Likes on 186 Posts

It is a 5 minute job. It is a trim piece and just needs to be tightened securely. I did it when I had PSE installed 10 years ago and it has stayed there. I doubt that there is a an "official" torque spec.
john981 (06-09-2023)
Old 07-03-2023, 02:59 PM
steveo17
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

The factory tips are held on with one screw each. I am going to be taking them off and getting them powder coated gloss black. Going to cost about $100 to powder coat all of them. Uninstall/reinstall is very easy. Only 1 T25 or T27 screw per tip. Should take no more than 10 minutes. Torque spec isn’t really necessary here. Just tighten back to about how they felt when taking them off. Add blue loctite even if you find it necessary
gellenole (07-05-2023)
Old 07-05-2023, 06:20 PM
gellenole
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by steveo17
The factory tips are held on with one screw each. I am going to be taking them off and getting them powder coated gloss black. Going to cost about $100 to powder coat all of them. Uninstall/reinstall is very easy. Only 1 T25 or T27 screw per tip. Should take no more than 10 minutes. Torque spec isn’t really necessary here. Just tighten back to about how they felt when taking them off. Add blue loctite even if you find it necessary
^^^^ this

in terms of torquing them -- wrist tight is the way to go.
Unless you can crush an apple with your bare hands, you're not going to damage the exhaust in any way that is operational.

Ensure you have the right Torx bit, and you're set.

Quick Reply: OEM sport exhaust tip installation