Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Why are there only these few exterior colors for Macan?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2024, 02:23 PM
roule
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

A deep British Racing Green would be a most welcome addition to the normal color palette, without the exorbitant PTS pricing.
https://www.macanforum.com/attachmen...f-2-jpg.264386
The following users liked this post:
dak911 (03-11-2024)
Old 03-11-2024, 05:13 PM
dak911
Three Wheelin'

Received 141 Likes on 115 Posts

Yes,,, That looks very close to a 77 Euro Targa that I had Oak Green Metallic?
Old 03-12-2024, 01:07 AM
02m2
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I just ordered a 24 gts. Lucky I like the no add jet black. I also think it makes all the black plastic go away.
The following users liked this post:
roule (03-20-2024)
Old 03-20-2024, 10:01 PM
roule
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 02m2
I just ordered a 24 gts. Lucky I like the no add jet black. I also think it makes all the black plastic go away.
I wish Porsche would make all the black plastic go away -- the crinkled up mess of unfinished plastic has gotten out of control on the Macan especially. At least paint it properly like any reliable automaker should. ...and dont' get me started on the useless side blades. I don't need plastic ballast hanging off the doors, thank you very much Porsche.
Old 03-21-2024, 05:08 AM
BMinSFL
Racer

Received 124 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by roule
I wish Porsche would make all the black plastic go away -- the crinkled up mess of unfinished plastic has gotten out of control on the Macan especially. At least paint it properly like any reliable automaker should. ...and dont' get me started on the useless side blades. I don't need plastic ballast hanging off the doors, thank you very much Porsche.
Wishing didn't work for me so in my first few months of ownership I just took it upon myself to professionally paint or source paintable, OE-looking metal covers for nearly every plastic exterior part.

I did it piecemeal so I am afraid to add up the cost but it was well worth it in the end. The one part I actually haven't swapped/painted is the side blades. I had them ready to install but on a black car, I felt those were needed to pull the eye down a bit. What I did do was add a black plastic dye so that the finish is a much richer dark plastic than the standard grey color that is not fitting with a car at this price point.

Last edited by BMinSFL; 03-21-2024 at 05:09 AM.
Old 03-21-2024, 08:35 PM
whitepark
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BMinSFL
Wishing didn't work for me so in my first few months of ownership I just took it upon myself to professionally paint or source paintable, OE-looking metal covers for nearly every plastic exterior part.

I did it piecemeal so I am afraid to add up the cost but it was well worth it in the end. The one part I actually haven't swapped/painted is the side blades. I had them ready to install but on a black car, I felt those were needed to pull the eye down a bit. What I did do was add a black plastic dye so that the finish is a much richer dark plastic than the standard grey color that is not fitting with a car at this price point.
Picture please ?

Quick Reply: Why are there only these few exterior colors for Macan?