Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Anyone with PIWIS in LA/SD area?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2024, 05:52 PM
ShanSD
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone with PIWIS in LA/SD area?

Hi. Looking for anyone who has the software and coding experience to help me here please for following issue?
2016 Macan S - South California.
I changed the clock spring and the entire signal stalk unit on my Macan due the original one getting damaged. No errors were present. Replacement was a used tested and working used item from ebay. I had to d/c the battery to remove steering and airbag. Since i've installed the replacement, i keep getting the Steering limited support, PASM failure and 4WD error on the dash# with Adapted Driving Permitted. I've tried to reset and recode the unit with my Launch X431 919X, but there is no luck. I've even re-installed the old unit back in again but the errors still dont go away or can be deleted, so something clearly is hard coded into the system. Not sure what i've missed?

In addition, after trying to do the end to end steering lock to learn end stops, the steering now centers itself at about 20deg to the left everytime i drive forward or reverse. Just automatically turns itself to the left and wont center itself. I have to hold it at center.

I've spoken to a few reputable independents in the SD area, but everyone has told me this is a dealer software reset only activity. Surely dealer is using PIWIS?

Anyway, i'm happy to drive up to LA from SD if i have to resolve this, but after being charged 3hrs labor and a new battery by the SD dealer last time for something else, i dont want to be stung with another large bill for basically a simple task. Please help!

Admins. Please dont move this to the other steering thread, as i believe my issue is different to that due to the steering not being center.

Last edited by ShanSD; 01-23-2024 at 05:53 PM. Reason: missed some details
Old 01-29-2024, 09:17 PM
jbx2
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

I recently saw a PIWIS 3.0 rental on eBay $99 for a week, but can't find it now
Old 01-30-2024, 01:38 AM
john981
Rennlist Member

Received 227 Likes on 139 Posts

Call Ernie (Ernesto) at https://hdmotorwerks.com/ in glendale. He is by far the best and fairest Porsche expert I know. He is a certified Porsche Mechanic who used to work for the dealership in Pasadena and at one point he decided to do his own thing. He is very popular and therefore super busy but when you talk to him he gives you the feeling you are his most important customer. Call him and see what he tells you and if it makes sense, you can drive up to see him.
The following users liked this post:
jbx2 (01-30-2024)

Quick Reply: Anyone with PIWIS in LA/SD area?