Macan 2014-Current

ICE Macan Facelift/Updates?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2024, 11:40 PM
fuenfer
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default ICE Macan Facelift/Updates?

I'm looking to buy a 2024 ICE Macan, but wouldn't mind waiting a few months to get a '25 model if there will be a facelift or other update to the car.

So, is anyone aware of an official answer as to whether the ICE Macan will get facelifts/updates/etc., particularly for the '25 model year? Would appreciate your thoughts - thanks.
Old 02-02-2024, 12:05 AM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

Received 362 Likes on 201 Posts

The most "official" answer I've heard is that the ICE Macan will not be getting a facelift before it's permanently retired.

This was from a Porsche exec who I met at a driving event. According to him, the ICE Macan won't even continue to be sold along the electric Macan in some markets (but it will be in the U.S.)

He did say that Porsche corporate is getting a lot of pushback about not having an ICE Macan from the dealer network, so their plans could change, but as of the time of that conversation, only the base Macan would be sold alongside the electric here in the U.S. once the electric is out. He said he was hoping that corporate would also keep selling the Macan S alongside the electric, but he wasn't sure about that.

This conversation took place in September of last year.
The following users liked this post:
fuenfer (02-03-2024)
Old 02-02-2024, 12:21 AM
fuenfer
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TikiLou
This conversation took place in September of last year.
I'm assuming that meant September '23 and would be a fairly recent comment? If so, I'm guessing we're pretty safe that the '25 model won't see any changes.
TikiLou (02-02-2024)
Old 02-02-2024, 05:01 PM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

Received 362 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by fuenfer
I'm assuming that meant September '23 and would be a fairly recent comment? If so, I'm guessing we're pretty safe that the '25 model won't see any changes.
Correct...September of '23.
fuenfer (02-03-2024)
Old 02-02-2024, 10:06 PM
sunspot2013
Instructor

Received 110 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by fuenfer
It sounds like what may be the biggest risk is that Porsche quietly drops the S and/or GTS first and only keeps the base Macan around for a year or two.
Old 02-03-2024, 12:07 AM
Vise
Drifting

Received 313 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by sunspot2013
It sounds like what may be the biggest risk is that Porsche quietly drops the S and/or GTS first and only keeps the base Macan around for a year or two.
Yep, I would not be surprised if this is the case... in which case, get your GTS orders in ASAP people!!

Quick Reply: ICE Macan Facelift/Updates?