PSCB Grab

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2024, 11:06 PM
mark8
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default PSCB Grab

Hi folks,

My (new to me) 2020 Turbo has PSCB, which I believe are standard on the Turbo. I have to admit that I've been having a tougher time than I expected adjusting to how much they initially grab. I like strong brakes but I wasn't expecting them to be so grabby with very little pedal push. When pulling into the garage, etc it's quite difficult to do so smoothly. I just want to make sure that this is standard behavior for the PSCB and that there isn't something wrong ...
Old 04-23-2024, 11:26 PM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 891 Likes on 533 Posts

standard behavior, though doesn't happen consistently

I had a lot of miles on my 911's PCCB, so used to a grabby brake.

Hard though, when you're trying to be careful pulling into the garage.
Old 04-23-2024, 11:42 PM
Larson E. Rapp
Pro

Received 307 Likes on 186 Posts

Keeping them clean helps a LOT, as does keeping them warmed up.

PSCBs are wonderful brakes when they are hot, but getting heat into a Porsche's brakes in street driving often entails risk to one's driver's license and/or sheetmetal. I've resorted to dragging the brakes for a quarter-mile or so on occasion. That works... for a while.

Edit: another tip that helps keep you from looking like a spaz in parking lots and drive-thrus: switch the drive mode to Normal temporarily. By lowering the idle, this will help you stay off the brakes and enable smoother driving/parking maneuvers at very low speeds.

Last edited by Larson E. Rapp; 04-24-2024 at 12:01 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Larson E. Rapp:
mark8 (04-24-2024), Terry Adams (04-24-2024)
Old 04-24-2024, 06:09 PM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 939 Likes on 626 Posts

They are grabby. And it is somewhat inconsistent, as in sometimes they grab more or less so. I have not found keeping them clean makes any noticeable difference however others here and in other threads have stated they felt it does. They are great brakes otherwise.
Old 04-24-2024, 06:15 PM
mark8
Intermediate

Thanks, all. Glad to know that this is just their normal behavior. I'm sure I'll get used to them more and more in time.
Old 04-25-2024, 03:37 AM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Received 259 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by mark8
Thanks, all. Glad to know that this is just their normal behavior. I'm sure I'll get used to them more and more in time.
It took me a while to get used to PSCBs. I can’t say that I like them but that’s what we have. I have CCBs on one of my cars and I’m not a huge fan of those either. I do like the reduced brake dust and they do what they’re designed to do but there are many steel brakes & rotors that perform just as well for much less cost. First world problems!
Old 05-01-2024, 01:24 PM
NickS
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 55 Posts

Mine are not grabby enough. I have to apply more pressure on the brake pedal than I did to the steel brakes on my 2017 GTS. It almost feels like they are ceramic brake pads that have no bite to them.
Old 05-01-2024, 02:15 PM
mark8
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NickS
Mine are not grabby enough. I have to apply more pressure on the brake pedal than I did to the steel brakes on my 2017 GTS. It almost feels like they are ceramic brake pads that have no bite to them.
Wow, that's interesting. What year is your Macan? and are they definitely PSCB, not PCCB?
Old 05-01-2024, 03:05 PM
NickS
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by mark8
Wow, that's interesting. What year is your Macan? and are they definitely PSCB, not PCCB?
2024 GTS and they come standard with PSCB's. What I don't know is if Porsche changed pad compounds from those of the previous years with PSCB's due to complaints and now the 24's might be slightly less grabby? I'm not complaining about the effectiveness of my brakes either. I just wish mine had more initial bite.
Old 05-01-2024, 04:27 PM
mark8
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NickS
2024 GTS and they come standard with PSCB's. What I don't know is if Porsche changed pad compounds from those of the previous years with PSCB's due to complaints and now the 24's might be slightly less grabby? I'm not complaining about the effectiveness of my brakes either. I just wish mine had more initial bite.
I'll do some research on the parts and see what I can learn...

Quick Reply: PSCB Grab