Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Any chance to get discount for S or Turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 04:53 PM
MM3.9GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts

For loyal, long time buyers (from the same dealer), based on configuration, $1,000 to $2,000 off MSRP is possible.
Old 10-11-2014, 02:58 PM
MessyMarvin
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

My local dealer has had a Turbo on the lot for months, I do not see them flying off the lots by any means in New England.
Old 10-11-2014, 05:20 PM
adamsclubs
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MessyMarvin
My local dealer has had a Turbo on the lot for months, I do not see them flying off the lots by any means in New England.
Dealers must keep one S and one Turbo for demo.
Old 10-11-2014, 06:42 PM
cviles
Unique Title
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by adamsclubs
"Must" is a rather strong word. The dealership I bought my turbo from only kept two S's on hand as demos. Another I looked at kept a turbo as demo but eventually sold that as well.

Most likely, this dealership chose to keep the turbo on hand as their demo because somebody on sight liked driving it enough to keep it instead of an S.
Old 10-13-2014, 02:34 PM
MessyMarvin
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by adamsclubs
It is in the showroom, I went and looked at it, are you saying they wouldn't sell it? I do not understand your point? They sure as hell seemed like they wanted to sell it to me. By the way they do not have an "S", they sold those so that logic of keeping one S and one Turbo doesn't seem to be the case.
Old 10-16-2014, 05:08 PM
John 996 TT Cab
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MCN
Porsche does NOT offer discount for ED. Just a few years ago they was charging additional fee (around $3K) As far as I was informed now they are still charging something but from the dealer's pocket. That is why when I ask about ED for Macan most of dealers does not really interested. ED process has a lot of paper work.. why bother if they can sale them from parking lot as soon they arrived.

Hope that the dealer I found will work with me on ED Adventure
In North America Porsche charges back the insurance cost for the car while it's used in Europe to the dealer. Apparently this is about $2,000! Thus reduced availability for discounting.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:33 PM
Rolltide86
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MessyMarvin
It is in the showroom, I went and looked at it, are you saying they wouldn't sell it? I do not understand your point? They sure as hell seemed like they wanted to sell it to me. By the way they do not have an "S", they sold those so that logic of keeping one S and one Turbo doesn't seem to be the case.
The dealers need demos - given the demand for the car, ultimately they sell those too, requiring the need for a replacement demo. No matter what dealer, don't think you will see a lot of Macans languishing on the dealer lot anytime soon.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:25 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 29 Posts

ED costs the dealer on the invoice of the car. It is thousands of dollars and is why if you are ordering a $60,000 Macan S for ED most dealers will tell you they don't have one.....even if they do..... They certainly will not be offering a discount as well as ED on the car.....
Old 10-17-2014, 07:07 PM
1MORLAP
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got a $1,000 off from a dealer I bought a Cayman exactly 12 months ago. Car should be here in January.
Old 10-18-2014, 12:07 AM
MCN
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonnen Porsche
ED costs the dealer on the invoice of the car. It is thousands of dollars and is why if you are ordering a $60,000 Macan S for ED most dealers will tell you they don't have one.....even if they do..... They certainly will not be offering a discount as well as ED on the car.....
It's very sad. Last year I diid BMW ED and it was mind blowing experience. They really knows how to "put up the show" and create loyal customers.
Seems like Porsche does not really promoting that ED option. Still looking forward to see factory and museum of the very special company which managed sirvived for almost half a century building just one model of car. if that won't impress me my Alps Ski trip will. Thanks to Porsche for lending winter tires for 2 weeks for FREE
Old 10-27-2014, 08:10 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 985 Likes on 435 Posts

I just did Euro Delivery on my 911 Turbo, and in some ways you are right; it's not the big roll out process like at BMW. Your car is parked in a small delivery room along with the others that will be delivered that day. A friendly person will take you through all aspects of the car, like at BMW.

it is still a very wonderful experience and feels more personal in some ways. Sure, there isn't a discount, but picking up your car at Porsche is a special experience none the less.

Quick Reply: Any chance to get discount for S or Turbo?