Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Any chance to get discount for S or Turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 02:21 AM
MCN
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any chance to get discount for S or Turbo?

Planning to place order for European delivery and drive Macan in French Alps. Don't really have a lot of time to shop around since ski season starts soon. Does any of you has been fortunate to get any discount on European Delivery or custom order for Macan S or Turbo?
Past summer I was looking at Cayenne and was able to negotiate 7-8 % off MSRP. I am sure that Macan in much greater demand right now then Cayenne but if I have to pay MSRP I'd rather rent Macan for my ski trip.
Old 10-06-2014, 12:40 PM
amelen
Pro

Received 118 Likes on 79 Posts

I don't think you're going to get much of a discount now - esp. since there is a 6mo+ waiting list at most dealers. The most I've heard was ~$1k off MSRP for those with past dealer relationships.
Old 10-06-2014, 01:02 PM
MCN
Intermediate

Originally Posted by amelen
I don't think you're going to get much of a discount now - esp. since there is a 6mo+ waiting list at most dealers. The most I've heard was ~$1k off MSRP for those with past dealer relationships.

Probably for Macan S that would be the case but for Turbo might be a chance.
Old 10-06-2014, 01:08 PM
cviles
Unique Title
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 72 Posts

Don't expect a better deal on a turbo, either. There are even fewer of those sitting on lots than S's. I got $500 and a few pieces of merchandise thrown in on the turbo I ordered in June and decent value for my trade. Demand is still pretty high for these cars here in the U.S.

You might get lucky with a lot of shopping around, but I wouldn't hold your breath for a substantial discount yet.
Old 10-06-2014, 01:18 PM
MCN
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cviles
Don't expect a better deal on a turbo, either. There are even fewer of those sitting on lots than S's. I got $500 and a few pieces of merchandise thrown in on the turbo I ordered in June and decent value for my trade. Demand is still pretty high for these cars here in the U.S.

You might get lucky with a lot of shopping around, but I wouldn't hold your breath for a substantial discount yet.
Guys, let me shop around and I will post here my results later on
Old 10-09-2014, 01:52 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 136 Likes on 94 Posts

Discounts are extremely rare on especially S models, and even the best ones via special circumstances are not much. I predict demand will remain strong enough that even later down the road, discounts won't be aplenty or much.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:58 AM
MCN
Intermediate

Originally Posted by K-A
Discounts are extremely rare on especially S models, and even the best ones via special circumstances are not much. I predict demand will remain strong enough that even later down the road, discounts won't be aplenty or much.
You are right - so far I was not able to find dealer who would be willing to give some discount. But in my case I just running out of time, since I must put order for November build to be able to have European Delivery in January… so paying full MSRP
Old 10-09-2014, 11:38 AM
Quest911
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MCN
You are right - so far I was not able to find dealer who would be willing to give some discount. But in my case I just running out of time, since I must put order for November build to be able to have European Delivery in January… so paying full MSRP
You can get a November Build!!!! I placed my order(deposit to get in line) June 2013. My allocation came up for order in July this year for November build, plunked down rest of deposit and my delivery will be January.

Doesn't seem quite right someone can walk in and get the next month build!!!

I would have to see this to believe it. I know our local dealers are telling new orders that April-May delivery.

I am saying this seems unrealistic, when every one else in North America has to wait.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:10 PM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 930 Likes on 349 Posts

$1K under drafting the relationship of a big time Pcar buyer friend. Was very happy. It's not much but better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:02 PM
MCN
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Quest911
You can get a November Build!!!! I placed my order(deposit to get in line) June 2013. My allocation came up for order in July this year for November build, plunked down rest of deposit and my delivery will be January.

Doesn't seem quite right someone can walk in and get the next month build!!!

I would have to see this to believe it. I know our local dealers are telling new orders that April-May delivery.

I am saying this seems unrealistic, when every one else in North America has to wait.
Will see - I am planing to stop by at the dealer tonight
Old 10-09-2014, 05:55 PM
Quest911
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MCN
Will see - I am planing to stop by at the dealer tonight
Hope it works out for you and this would be incredible!!!
Old 10-09-2014, 09:16 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 451 Likes on 308 Posts

Ive seen $1000+ discounts on both models for US deliveries, but cannot speak to the present Euro delivery discount situation.
BTW, In the 1980s, Porsche offered a factory discount of 10% of MSRP for Euro delivery.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:18 PM
mdbonedoc
Instructor

What is current Euro delivery discount?
Old 10-10-2014, 02:30 PM
MCN
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mdbonedoc
What is current Euro delivery discount?

Porsche does NOT offer discount for ED. Just a few years ago they was charging additional fee (around $3K) As far as I was informed now they are still charging something but from the dealer's pocket. That is why when I ask about ED for Macan most of dealers does not really interested. ED process has a lot of paper work.. why bother if they can sale them from parking lot as soon they arrived.

Hope that the dealer I found will work with me on ED Adventure
Old 10-10-2014, 02:34 PM
MCN
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Quest911
Hope it works out for you and this would be incredible!!!
I saw myself that dealer has still 4 (!!!) changable Macan S for the November build. They just big and probably has much more allocation then other dealers. Right now I am in process of placing my order. Will keep you guys posted.

Quick Reply: Any chance to get discount for S or Turbo?