Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Has anyone added wheel spacers to their Macan?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 05:15 PM
TTCarrera
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Has anyone added wheel spacers to their Macan?

If so, what thicknesses front & back? And what are your observations regarding handling/turn-in/tracking stability?

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-02-2015, 09:04 AM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Curious why you'd want to do this. I find that there is already quite a lot of debris thrown onto the side of the car (especially the side blades) with the stock setup (I have 19" wheels). If the wheels protruded any more, they would throw even more debris onto the side of the car unless you added fender flares.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:55 AM
TTCarrera
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Macan Turbos have little flares at the back of the wheel well to protect against debris rash.
Old 02-02-2015, 12:50 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by TTCarrera
Macan Turbos have little flares at the back of the wheel well to protect against debris rash.
Understood, but those flares are put on both Turbos and S models whenever 20" or 21" wheels are ordered, to compensate for the extra rim width of those wheels.
The following users liked this post:
DJSAPBLU (05-20-2020)
Old 02-03-2015, 12:35 PM
1MORLAP
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If so, what thicknesses front & back? And what are your observations regarding handling/turn-in/tracking stability?

Thanks in advance.
I am going to stop by Achtuning this week and see what they have. (H&R dealer.) I am thinking 5 to 10 mm on 4 corners. I do not expect ANY perceivable impact on handling, but I do expect them to look good.

Tomasz
Old 05-20-2020, 01:22 PM
Tobin Lim
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel spacers

tomasz
do you have any pics, regrets, suggestions, complaints after adding the 5 and 10 mm front and rear, respectively? H&R I presume?
thank uou
tobin

Originally Posted by 1MORLAP
I am going to stop by Achtuning this week and see what they have. (H&R dealer.) I am thinking 5 to 10 mm on 4 corners. I do not expect ANY perceivable impact on handling, but I do expect them to look good.

Tomasz
Old 05-20-2020, 04:22 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Tobin Lim
tomasz
do you have any pics, regrets, suggestions, complaints after adding the 5 and 10 mm front and rear, respectively? H&R I presume?
thank uou
tobin
Don't hold your breath waiting for a response to a 5-year old post...plus doesn't look like tomasz has posted since 2015.
Old 05-24-2020, 06:32 PM
gkellys
Advanced

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Tobin Lim
tomasz
thank uou
tobin

2016 Turbo AGL16 three piece forged wheels Factory painted to match car Jet Black Metallic 21X9 front 21X10.5 rear 20mm spacer on rear HR Lowering springs PASM
Maybe this will give a bit of idea. No spacers up front Handing is awesome. Not for everyone, but gets TONS of complements. Spacers stayed on “by accident” with the new wheels, but I liked and left them on. I have a pair of 10mm in the garage that I may put back of the front one day. just to see how it looks and handles.
Old 05-26-2020, 10:05 AM
texasviany
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I did...15MM. I'm running 18" wheels. I also lowered the car a touch.
Old 05-28-2020, 11:39 AM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts

Thanks in advance.
I haven’t on my Macan, but I did on the rear of my Cayenne Turbo when running the 19” winter wheel set. No issues whatsoever. They were 17mm OEM Porsche spacers. I don’t believe Porsche offers any OEM spacers for the Macan, so you’d have to go aftermarket. If you do, go with the best quality you can find....don’t skimp on spacers.
Old 05-28-2020, 02:11 PM
gkellys
Advanced

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

I agree totally with not skimping on quality. Especially given the weight of the vehicles and "stresses" we put on them.

Also I tried front and rear spacers on a 17 Cayenne GTS. 15mmF 20mmR. I never could get it to feel right (very slight wobble even after alignment and balance). Until I pulled the fronts off. Still has the rears on 2 years later, riding great and slightly improved handling in my opinion with the wider wheelbase. Love the sportier looks also.

I know plenty of others have run front and rear spacers with no problem, so it may have been something on my end,
Just sharing my experience.

Quick Reply: Has anyone added wheel spacers to their Macan?