Notices

Bumper Repair and Paint NE CT

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2022, 12:48 PM
SSDVC
Rennlist Member

Received 210 Likes on 145 Posts
Default Bumper Repair and Paint NE CT

Looking for suggestions on a really good body shop to do some repairing and repainting my front bumper (polar silver), and maybe some touch up on the hood. I am in the Northeast corner of Connecticut.

Thank you.
Old 02-04-2022, 03:12 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Automobile Associates in Canton, CT.
Old 02-04-2022, 03:26 PM
PSEE
Pro

Received 88 Likes on 71 Posts

Herb Chambers Collision Center in Holliston, MA - it's a Porsche approved facility!

Old 05-10-2022, 01:46 PM
txbdan
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 114 Posts

Where'd you end up?

I crashed my Cayman on track and am between Hollis and Herb Chambers as the big two Porsche Approved shops. Both have excellent reviews so I doubt I'd go wrong either way.
Old 05-10-2022, 09:51 PM
SSDVC
Rennlist Member

I am going on Monday to Groton Autobody. A friend of ours took her Mercedes there after she got dinged in the parking lot. She is really (really) picky and did a lot of research before she picked the shop. She had to have the front bumper and drivers fender repaired/repainted. Color is metallic burgundy and you really cannot tell anything has been done. Hopefully the results will be the same on my Polar Silver. I'll know at the end of next week.
Old 05-31-2022, 12:28 PM
SSDVC
Rennlist Member

So, I picked up my bumper back from the shop on Thursday morning, mounted it around noon and took it back to the shop Friday afternoon. The repair where the ******* hit the license plate holder was fantastic. However, I have a Polar Silver car and the bumper repaint didn't match. It is not off by much, but as the light hits it at certain angles it makes it more pronounced (just slightly too blue). To be fair, I asked the shop if it would be cheaper if I removed the bumper and brought it in for repair. They said yes and agreed it would be "less of a hassle in the shop if I didn't leave the car there. In hind sight, not having the car there was probably NOT the greatest idea and both the shop owner and I agreed he should have kept the car while working it.

Anyway, I brought the car back to the shop on Friday and they looked at it and agreed the color is off. The owner said he could paint it 20 times, but even with the correct paint (which he is using), matching the Polar Silver is difficult, at best. He didn't want to keep putting paint on the bumper trying to match it, and said the only way to really make the new paint disappear was to blend it into the hood. Well, I said go ahead and make it right, whatever it takes. I hopefully should get the car back by Friday, so we will see how good it gets.

Two things I can't stand are leaks in my driveway and readily noticeable mismatched paint work. I know nothing is perfect (especially where certain colors are concerned), but I want to be able to stare for a minute or two before I realize some paint work had been done. Fingers crossed.

Quick Reply: Bumper Repair and Paint NE CT