Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

Buy a 911 with crash history

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2023, 04:39 PM
horseball
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buy a 911 with crash history

Hi guys,
Im negotiation a 997 Turbo that has 56.000Km from 2012.

I discovered that he had a front crash in 2014 with 24.000K and that it was tottaly repaired in Porsche and all the services have been done there untill today.

The car has made recently the 111 points and has approoved warranty untill 2025...

Should I avoid this car or the fact its was tottaly repaired in POrsche and his chassis stil have warranty by the brand should be enough to be calm with the situation....?

Thanks for your feedback...

FC
Old 05-21-2023, 02:29 PM
OutlawCayenne
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts

I usually weight how much damage in value the accident was I once looked at a Lexus SUV that was $35,000 and had a reported chain of $35,000 I walked from that one and what’s the discount on it now vs a clean history one? As in if it had an accident but is cheaper than a no accident one it maybe we’ll worth it Also I consider if I struggle with the thought of buying an accident history car it if you sell it in the future potential buyers will also consider it.
Old 05-21-2023, 09:27 PM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 172 Posts

What's your location?
What was the repair cost
Was suspension or frame damaged?
What was involved in the crash and how did that happen?
How readily available is a 997 TT in your area or your country?
How much is similar car without the accident vs the asking price on this car?
Go through the service records to see if you find any issues like recurring alignments, frequent tires changes etc

Hope that helps
Old 05-22-2023, 05:16 AM
horseball
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by OutlawCayenne
I usually weight how much damage in value the accident was I once looked at a Lexus SUV that was $35,000 and had a reported chain of $35,000 I walked from that one and what’s the discount on it now vs a clean history one? As in if it had an accident but is cheaper than a no accident one it maybe we’ll worth it Also I consider if I struggle with the thought of buying an accident history car it if you sell it in the future potential buyers will also consider it.

Hi Thank you for your answer, I will take it in consideration!

Regards
Old 05-22-2023, 05:21 AM
horseball
3rd Gear

Hi Thank you for the answer.
Im located in Portugal
The repair cost in 2014 was around 35k it was fully repaired in Porsche Germany
Not sure at the time if the Fram or suspension was damaged, but has it was repaired in Porsche , I believe any problems have been solved.
The after that has complete service record in Porsche, it was today the active chassis on Porsche and Porsche approved warrant until 2025.
There are some 997.1 in my country and couple 997.2 but with superior ask prices and not with color and extras I like.
Thank you
Old 06-04-2023, 01:15 PM
C4SEA
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Would take it to your prefer shop and have them look over the damage and making sure it drives and track straight. Repaired vehicles sometime a hit or miss..
Goodluck!!

Quick Reply: Buy a 911 with crash history