Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

New member from San Diego

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2023, 06:26 PM
Canelocarranza
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New member from San Diego

New member from San Diego.1st gen black Cayenne S, love it.
Old 12-17-2023, 11:18 AM
mazdaverx7
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Welcome to the forum! Have you have to do any major services or repairs on the Cayenne?
The following users liked this post:
Canelocarranza (12-30-2023)
Old 12-17-2023, 01:07 PM
Canelocarranza
Rennlist Member

Default 90% fun 10% repairs

Originally Posted by mazdaverx7
Welcome to the forum! Have you have to do any major services or repairs on the Cayenne?
I've been having constant fun driving and aesthetically modding (which is part of the fun) but I have had to fix a few things here and there this first year of ownership: valve cover gaskets, rotors and pads, crankshaft position sensor, all fluid changes, exhaust system, removed and thoroughly cleaned intake manifold....BUT now im dealing with a leak in thermostat housing and frankly i dont have the time to tackle that work at this time and im looking for a mechanic that has experience with porsches in San Diego.
Old 12-18-2023, 07:13 AM
mazdaverx7
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

I really like the Cayenne and have been reading up on them, as I've considered buying one as a secondary daily driver. One more suited to inclimate weather conditions. The snow can get nasty here in Ohio. Prices are all over the map for the Cayenne as well out this way. Issues I've read about typically seem to be coolant leaks, crankshaft position sensors, and center support bearing issues with the driveshaft.

Sounds like you're on top of it when it comes to maintaining the car. You shouldn't have too much trouble finding someone out that way to help with the thermostat. The Porsche community has always been incredible. Hard to tell in the picture, but is yours wrapped in a dark blue?
Canelocarranza (12-28-2023)
Old 12-18-2023, 01:12 PM
X-PH.COM - MIKE
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 177 Likes on 162 Posts

Welcome
Canelocarranza (12-30-2023)
Old 12-30-2023, 07:23 PM
Canelocarranza
Rennlist Member

Default My 2006 cayenne s has been reliable 99% of the time.

Originally Posted by mazdaverx7
Im dealing with a coolant leak from the thermostat housing, the rest of the work i have done myself, the biggest so far were the valve cover gaskets but other than that its been solid and reliable. I did a bunch of asthetic upgrades to it but i dont consider that work...

Quick Reply: New member from San Diego