Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Thinking of selling my Riviera Blue 993 C2S....

Old 09-28-2011, 01:44 AM
GYMGUY
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Thinking of selling my Riviera Blue 993 C2S....

Well guys I have a 4.0 RS on the way and I have decided I really can not have both. I do not want to regret this decision in the future, so I was curious if you all think it is a mistake to sell this car. I have had numerous people try to buy it from day one, so I know it should be easy to sell, but I do love the car and don't want to regret it. I also feel The 4.0 RS will be an amazing and special car and I really don't want to pass on it either. Let me know your thoughts.
Thanks,
Chris
Old 09-28-2011, 02:17 AM
MDamen
Pro

In general a Riviera blue coupe would be a car you want to keep. You'll need to provide more details to get informed opinions. Please share the mileage, condition, options, modifications, and interior color. Pictures would also be nice.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:20 AM
CalvinC4S
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

4.0 RS will be an AMAZING car, but not special like the Rivi blue C2S.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:22 AM
GYMGUY
Instructor

I've already received a few PM's since I have made this post. I really appreciate the interest, but I will let everyone know in less then a week if I am going to sell or not. It is a big decision and chances are I will never find a car this rare and unique again. What is everyone's opinion on the most fair way to sell this car? I have had multiple PM's and offers here all around the same time when I first bought the car, so it is near impossible to say who deserves first crack at it. Anyway, decisions, decisions... Am I going to regret this with the 4.0 sitting in the garage???
Old 09-28-2011, 02:24 AM
mike993c2s
Burning Brakes

Keep the rivi blue 993 C2S if you can!
Old 09-28-2011, 02:25 AM
GYMGUY
Instructor

Originally Posted by MDamen
In general a Riviera blue coupe would be a car you want to keep. You'll need to provide more details to get informed opinions. Please share the mileage, condition, options, modifications, and interior color. Pictures would also be nice.
I will post pictures up soon. It is a one owner 1998 Riviera Blue C2S, manual, Cashmere interior, 12000 original miles, never been tracked or seen rain. It is 100% original with all paperwork including insane service records, all the way down to every time the car was started it was recorded in a journal that I have. The car is MINT and I would say as good or better then showroom quality. There are a few on here that have seen it and can vouge for the condition. Anyone is welcome to see it whether I sell or not.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:33 AM
mnmasotto
Rennlist Member

Default nice car

Sounds like it is not going to be cheap
Old 09-28-2011, 02:48 AM
MDamen
Pro

That is a very unique car. Maybe sell it to someone here who would treat it the way you would and maybe they would sell it back to you someday.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:51 AM
GYMGUY
Instructor

I remember when I first posted pictures of the car and asked about what type of exhaust to put on the car. You all managed to talk me out of modding the car at all. It looks like you all are talking me into keeping it instead of the 4.0. Such a tough decision, wish I could have both, but I can't.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:06 AM
sander97C2
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Honestly gymguy, just one picture of your riviera C2S I would be likely to say keep it. I love that color.

I looked for one before making the deal on my blk C2. But hey, once you take arrival of the badass 4.0 RS the decision might be easier for you. Right. Keep them both..hehe
Old 09-28-2011, 07:49 AM
ericthepilot
Racer

Don't sell
from your experience, regrets are painful and not retractable.
Don't ....
Old 09-28-2011, 08:07 AM
Michael S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Buy a 4-post lift and park one under the other... You will regret selling!
Old 09-28-2011, 08:11 AM
Allen
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

IMHO...the fact that your having so much thought about selling it would indicate that it would be a mistake.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:38 AM
TT-911
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

It's important to know what YOU want.

You have people who get attached to material things and feel what they have is unique and irreplaceable. They are happy with what they have and have little desire to change, move on because they are content. If you are that person keep it.

If you are the person who goes trough live wanting and lusting for the next thing I would sell it. You scratched that itch to own a unique 993 and can move on. You probably realize by now the car is great but not earth moving (for you). But you had it and that's what counts. On to new things and you'll be happy (for some time at least until the next 'want' has arrived)

Of course this a black and white description but I hope it helps a little to make up your mind. I used to have several 'keepers' but at the end of the day they just sat in my garage unused. I sold them all but one and am happy I did, no regrets at all.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:48 AM
TrackdayRSA.
Rennlist Member

I would suggest that you drive the RS for a couple of months before making any kind of decision. The are both unique, but very different cars. Im my humble opinion, it would be much harder to replace your C2S than it would be to replace the RS. Either way, not a bad problem to have!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thinking of selling my Riviera Blue 993 C2S....