Received 149 Likes on 80 Posts

The one ingredient missing from the new Ford Mustang? Surprise

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...160611676.html
Old 12-10-2013, 08:52 AM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nicole
The last Mustang was retro, and this is just another iteration of retro. Ford is in a dead end, design wise, and this is not leading anywhere.
-More Mustangs were sold in 2012 than the Porsche 911 car sales from June 2008~December 2012.

-More Mustangs were sold from January ~ August 2012 than every 928 ever produced.

-Mustangs are expected to increase 2015 sales by 22-26% in 2014.

Those sales numbers do not sound like a design that is at a dead end.

This is not a consistent evolution like the 911. It's just trying hard to hold on to the past and ride off into the future at the same time.

I'm a Porsche guy, but to say the Mustang hasn't advanced continually is inaccurate at best, ignorant at worst.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:15 AM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 409 Likes on 171 Posts

^^^ +5.0!

I'd have a new Mustang as a daily driver if it wouldn't depreciate like a brick in water. In my residential community/street its muscle car heaven as two neighbours have the new Stingray and one has the Boss 302. I'll readily admit that Boss 302, lowered with its stance and amazing V8 sound does make me wonder if a V8 is in my future.

Ford has hit a homerun with this version and I'm eager to see what the Boss 302 or GT500 would look like with this body style.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:05 PM
Lorax
The Impaler
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CPR
-More Mustangs were sold in 2012 than the Porsche 911 car sales from June 2008~December 2012.

-More Mustangs were sold from January ~ August 2012 than every 928 ever produced.

-Mustangs are expected to increase 2015 sales by 22-26% in 2014.

Those sales numbers do not sound like a design that is at a dead end.

I'm a Porsche guy, but to say the Mustang hasn't advanced continually is inaccurate at best, ignorant at worst.
Well, obviously they have sold a lot more. The car is a third of the price. 911 isn't exactly attainable for most folks, whereas the mustang can be had by any 24 year old with a decent credit history.

I'm on the fence about this one. I dig the new styling, but I was also hoping for something a bit more forward looking. After all the hype about a "futuristic" mustang, this is kinda meh.

It's definitely not a risky design move but it still looks good.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:49 PM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by CamsPorsche
^^^ +5.0!

I'd have a new Mustang as a daily driver if it wouldn't depreciate like a brick in water. In my residential community/street its muscle car heaven as two neighbours have the new Stingray and one has the Boss 302. I'll readily admit that Boss 302, lowered with its stance and amazing V8 sound does make me wonder if a V8 is in my future.

Ford has hit a homerun with this version and I'm eager to see what the Boss 302 or GT500 would look like with this body style.
There is definitely something to be said about that V8 Sound!
Old 12-10-2013, 06:07 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

Until Ford brings the Focus RS to America, they can build whatever they want and Im not buying it out of protest.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:01 PM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Charlie C
There is definitely something to be said about that V8 Sound!

It darn sure hooked me in . Almost everybody smiles when I start the Boss 302. The guys at our Porsche dealer even like it .
Old 12-14-2013, 06:59 AM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

The last Mustang was retro, and this is just another iteration of retro. Ford is in a dead end, design wise, and this is not leading anywhere.

As long as people remember the glorious history of the early gen Mustangs, there will be an audience. For others, this is just an overly busy design that makes no sense in modern times - neither on the exterior nor the interior.

This is not a consistent evolution like the 911. It's just trying hard to hold on to the past and ride off into the future at the same time.

When was the last time you had your eyes checked?
You should open your eyes a little. Glory years in American Muscle are happening right now. There is currently a 200mph 662hp Shelby GT500 for sale. The Ford Boss 302R came in 1st place SCCA 2011. That same 302R engine has been put into the production Boss302 and was available for a 2 year run 12-13 for the first time since 69-70. You have no clue what you're talking about just sputtering typical 90's thinking across internet boards.

Last edited by Para82; 12-14-2013 at 07:18 AM.
Old 12-14-2013, 07:06 AM
Para82
Race Car

Originally Posted by TexasRider
It darn sure hooked me in . Almost everybody smiles when I start the Boss 302. The guys at our Porsche dealer even like it .
It's a wild sound and pure car crack to drive. The handling is excellent too (and that's driving it back to back almost daily with my road holding 911)

The sales guys at my local Porsche dealership (some of them 911 owners themselves) in Destin like it too. No surprise in that really from car enthusiasts.
Old 12-14-2013, 07:29 AM
Para82
Race Car

Originally Posted by BED997
If you want a 400 hp 2+2 coupe with a manual and RWD there aren't many choices.

The 911 and Mustang are two options that come to mind. I'm excited to see the next Boss 302.
Ford put out the Boss 302 will only see a 2 year run (2012/13) keeping with the lineage prior release was a 2 year run in 1969/70. What this leaves open though is perhaps a Boss 429...
Old 12-14-2013, 07:45 PM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

^^^^^

Ooooooooooh .................. good thought .

As I posted in the Texas Guys Drive Vipers this ABSOLUTELY is the Good Days in performance cars. I was here in the good old days of before and this is way better than then.

Nobody has to like these new Fords, but to say that these cars are not only not good, but their design is somehow lacking, or is not evolviong, is flat wrong. Ford probably put more design time in the new 5.0 and in the Boss 302 motor for a known limited run that Porsche has in several of its so called new cars.

I tell you something else too, these things flat run. Ford also stands by its owners.

As just a little tidbit of Ford niceness that I have never gotten from Porsche, Mercedes, or BMW is that UPS brought me a package from Ford. It has an original certificate about my car with its Boss number, build date, options and accessories included on it, as well as a Parnelli Jones book, poster, CD, and some other goodies in it. Look outside and see if Porcshe does that .

Call up Ford Racing and want to talk to them about other high performance parts and set up on your car. They were not only knowledgeable they were very helpful with me. Try that with Porsche lately.

I like Porsche too no question about it. But Ford, and the STS Dodge or Viper too has a lot going for it too that Porsche doesnt lift a pinkie to try to do. Hell that Viper is almost a hand built car 25 years after Porsche last did that. I tell you something else too, there is a whoie lot less of them on the road than any Porsche. Want it parked up front at Javiers, yes sir, we will just move a couple of Porsches out of the way for it.

Yeah a Porshce "might" take it around some corners. But it is a hell of a long way to some corners here in Texas .
Old 12-14-2013, 08:02 PM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Para82
It's a wild sound and pure car crack to drive. The handling is excellent too (and that's driving it back to back almost daily with my road holding 911)

The sales guys at my local Porsche dealership (some of them 911 owners themselves) in Destin like it too. No surprise in that really from car enthusiasts.
That is what I have seen too. Enthusiasts are the same and while they like brands they also respect what other brands have done and accomplished.

You should have seen the smiles at Porsche when I told them I was going to have big bore Cobra in the new garage. They were all saying, " I am coming over ...."

On another note, the local Ford dealer asked me to consider trading my Boss in for full price on a brand new Shelby Cobra Mustang at dealer invoice - that happens all the time at Porche too LOL. As much as I like that, I like the balance of the Boss 302 .

But if I get one of these as a stable mate, i might be hooked. With about 550 hp at the rear wheels, she can sure make you smile.

As one of the Porsche guys told me about the Boss , he noted to me that " it doesnt have fog lights . . ." Yeah , I like it that way. If it is foggy I can take my truck with steel bumpers all around, you know, just in case. LOL LOL . I think he was worried a bit .

Old 12-15-2013, 03:46 AM
Para82
Race Car

Is that your new Cobra man? ^ What a car

And I remember when I got that package you're talking about from Ford in the mail. It definitely unexpected, I felt like a little kid on Christmas when I was opening it all up.

Class

Last edited by Para82; 01-06-2014 at 10:39 PM.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:59 PM
nota_troll
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

If I had more garage space or have my wife park in the driveway, I'd have a Boss 302 right now.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:18 PM
Dino V
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ford is definitely starting to do things right.

Quick Reply: New Mustang: ZZZZzzzzzz