Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 04:44 PM
PannyRoyce
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member

Just a few days ago I purchased a 2010 Porsche Panamera 4S and I'm looking forward to upgrading the car. Any ideas would be helpful.
Old 10-08-2018, 06:30 PM
NJS_04_996
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello....welcome to the forum and congrats on your Panny 4S purchase! What type of "upgrades" did you have in mind? Performance oriented, or visual mods?
Old 10-09-2018, 04:41 AM
PannyRoyce
5th Gear

Performance upgrades, I owned a F10 M5 prior to this car.
Old 10-10-2018, 12:29 PM
nota_troll
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

How do you compare the Panamera to the M5? That seems a big drop in performance and an older car.
Old 10-10-2018, 01:09 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Received 972 Likes on 634 Posts

Originally Posted by nota_troll
How do you compare the Panamera to the M5? That seems a big drop in performance and an older car.
definitely an intriguing switch... i would have to think a 4S feels rather pokey compared to the 550hp M5. maybe the power wasn't being used on a daily basis. it is hard to exploit 500-550hp in regular traffic conditions.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:40 PM
DMoore
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I bought a 2010 Panamera 4S new and had it for about 3 years until the GTS version was released. With a naturally aspirated motor, there's not a whole lot you can do to increase power. Any significant power increases will be so expensive it would have been cheaper to just buy a Turbo.

If ride height is an issue - and if you have the air suspension - you can probably find an aftermarket control module that will let you lower it. (Not something I'd ever do but hey, each to his own.) I've never really seen anything in the way of suspension or brake upgrades for the car. Your best bet to improve handling, if that's a concern is tires (Michelin Sport 4S) and alignment.

Now if you're talking about cosmetics, you can change wheels and/or go with a body kit. There are all sorts of body parts available, from mild to Mansory. There are lots of wheels out there as well. I wouldn't go with any of the cheap imports - I'd stick to forged wheels from HRE, BBS, Champion or comparable sources.

Have fun!

DMoore
'18 Panamera Turbo ST
'18 991.2 GTS
Old 10-15-2018, 11:10 AM
PannyRoyce
5th Gear

Originally Posted by nota_troll
I crashed the M5 and I've had my fair share of BMW, Audi, Mercedes & SRT. There are some perks about it, for starters, it's all wheel drive and BMW is a great performance car in the south, I'm in Brooklyn, light to light Is all we get (if the cops don't get us first with a very fat ticket).
Old 10-15-2018, 11:13 AM
PannyRoyce
5th Gear

Originally Posted by rsabeebe
definitely an intriguing switch... i would have to think a 4S feels rather pokey compared to the 550hp M5. maybe the power wasn't being used on a daily basis. it is hard to exploit 500-550hp in regular traffic conditions.
My personal M5 (not motor trend numbers) was doing 0-60 in 4.2 and a QT mile in 12.8 seconds. My Panamera is doing 0-60 in 4.38 and QT mile in 13 seconds. I didn't get much of a loss in the power I'll be able to use and again, it's all wheel drive and I'm in Brooklyn. Only difference is the pull in the M5 as compared to the comfort pull (regardless of sport setting) in the Porsche.

My M5 was bone stock, 560 HP and 502 LB-FT TQ.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:17 AM
PannyRoyce
5th Gear

Originally Posted by DMoore
I bought a 2010 Panamera 4S new and had it for about 3 years until the GTS version was released. With a naturally aspirated motor, there's not a whole lot you can do to increase power. Any significant power increases will be so expensive it would have been cheaper to just buy a Turbo.

If ride height is an issue - and if you have the air suspension - you can probably find an aftermarket control module that will let you lower it. (Not something I'd ever do but hey, each to his own.) I've never really seen anything in the way of suspension or brake upgrades for the car. Your best bet to improve handling, if that's a concern is tires (Michelin Sport 4S) and alignment.

Now if you're talking about cosmetics, you can change wheels and/or go with a body kit. There are all sorts of body parts available, from mild to Mansory. There are lots of wheels out there as well. I wouldn't go with any of the cheap imports - I'd stick to forged wheels from HRE, BBS, Champion or comparable sources.

Have fun!

DMoore
'18 Panamera Turbo ST
'18 991.2 GTS
Thank you for you suggestions, I'll definitely be doing suspension upgrades (as far as lowering the car). The body kits (not manufacturer) for this car is very ugly, I hate the masonry body, yuck, makes it look like optimus prime lol.

Also, the reason why I got the 4S because the lot that I went to only had that one available. The other option was a Panamera 4 and I didn't want to wait too long for a car & I wasn't running my credit with every agency. I'm 25 and I'm pretty sure I'll only have this car for about 18 months the most.
Old 10-15-2018, 03:24 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 950 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by PannyRoyce
Thank you for you suggestions, I'll definitely be doing suspension upgrades (as far as lowering the car). The body kits (not manufacturer) for this car is very ugly, I hate the masonry body, yuck, makes it look like optimus prime lol.
What are your thoughts on TechArt's kit for your Panamera?

Wheels Boutique // 786 249 0127 // Sales@wheelsboutique.com
Follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique
Largest Dealer In The World for HRE Wheels, ANRKY Wheels, Vorsteiner Wheels & Aero, Akrapovic Exhaust, & iPE Exhaust
BBS, Forgeline, & TechArt Premium Dealer
Brembo / Rotiform / KW / H&R / Novitec / Brabus / Mansory and tons more...

Quick Reply: New Member