Panamera 2010-Current

Oil Pressure Suddenly Stopping DANGER=?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2022, 02:31 AM
Pretorien
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Two thoughts:

Does the Panamera have an oil pressure relief valve? Ages ago I had a 1953 Sunbeam Talbot that had a spring loaded relief valve in the main oil feed. Sometimes it would "stick" open, drastically reducing the oil pressure.

Is the Panamera oil pan baffled? If not and the oil level is a bit low, acceleration or turning could result in momentary starvation at the pump intake.
Old 09-10-2022, 04:05 PM
JohanvdWalt
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JohanvdWalt
I replaced the sender unit yesterday, (which was not as hard as I expected) the gauge now show the oil pressure at 5 bar at full revs and the moment the revs drop the pressure on the gauge also drop. It does not stay at 5 bar for a few seconds as it use to.
The oil monitoring failure warning is also gone.

I will see what is does in the next few days and let you know if the problem return.
That did not make a difference, after a few days the error reappeared.
Next on my list is the solenoid in the oil pump, it seem like an easy job too, if that does not work I will replace the oil pump, expensive but I have not read of a single case where that did not resolve the problem.
Old 09-26-2022, 02:17 PM
Unnamed335
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

That did not make a difference, after a few days the error reappeared.
Next on my list is the solenoid in the oil pump, it seem like an easy job too, if that does not work I will replace the oil pump, expensive but I have not read of a single case where that did not resolve the problem.
Hello, i had same problem, first i changed only sensor, then solenoid and problem gone. Dont worry about oil pump its very strong inside.
Old 09-27-2022, 05:01 AM
JohanvdWalt
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ciaka
If it tells you no pressure, then sometimes pressure OK, then sometimes no pressure, bet the sensor is going.
it does not say no oil pressure, that would be in red.
In fact it say oil pressure monitirong problem in orange.
I checked it with obdII scanner and found the pressure arround 7Bar which I asume is too high causing the warning.
Old 09-27-2022, 01:14 PM
Unnamed335
Advanced

it does not say no oil pressure, that would be in red.
In fact it say oil pressure monitirong problem in orange.
I checked it with obdII scanner and found the pressure arround 7Bar which I asume is too high causing the warning.
Yes its too much, strange, maybe some firmware error?
Old 09-27-2022, 06:59 PM
albania92
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Unnamed335
Yes its too much, strange, maybe some firmware error?
i have the same problem ! Obdi scaner shows oil reading above 7 bar . I changed sensor and solenoid pump and still the same ! Than I flushed the oil with oil flusher and it was ok . As soon as I pressed sport chrono it started to do it again !
it must be something inside the oil pump
Old 10-03-2022, 07:13 AM
Unnamed335
Advanced

Originally Posted by albania92
i have the same problem ! Obdi scaner shows oil reading above 7 bar . I changed sensor and solenoid pump and still the same ! Than I flushed the oil with oil flusher and it was ok . As soon as I pressed sport chrono it started to do it again !
it must be something inside the oil pump
Can you tell, when error coming, its on highway aftee long drive right? Or in city (sport+ driving)? So when error coming about pressure sensor, it means pressure too big or just solenoid dont work correct.
Old 10-03-2022, 07:15 AM
Unnamed335
Advanced

High Oil pressure mean:
1. Main Oil pump (maybe cranchshaft sensor)
​​​​?
Old 10-03-2022, 10:29 AM
albania92
5th Gear

Can you tell, when error coming, its on highway aftee long drive right? Or in city (sport+ driving)? So when error coming about pressure sensor, it means pressure too big or just solenoid dont work correct.
no , as soon as you star pushing it , over 5000 rpms , preasure builds ups and it lowers slowly . Its very easyr if you push it to be above 5 bar . On sportchrono is just a metter of 1-2 minutes . Because it keep gears high . It may be something inside the pump which gets stuck
The following users liked this post:
JohanvdWalt (10-05-2022)
Old 10-03-2022, 10:31 AM
albania92
5th Gear

High Oil pressure mean:
1. Main Oil pump (maybe cranchshaft sensor)
​​​​?
yeah the scanner diagnosed , sensor , dirt oul filter , solenoid pump , clodged oil passages (i did the flush ) and finally the pump . When I did the flush it was ok for sole days , as soon as i pressed sport chrono its doing it again
Old 01-14-2023, 05:35 AM
JohanvdWalt
Burning Brakes

I just collected the solenoid from my local dealership, this is what it look like:

ealer, this is what it look like.
Old 01-14-2023, 05:37 AM
JohanvdWalt
Burning Brakes

I've read that some oil will leak out when you remove the old solenoid.
Can someone please tell me, is it just a but of oil or should I rather drain the engine oil before replacing the solenoid?
Also is there any other seals I should replace when in there or is it just the two (Black and Green) that come with the new solenoid?

Last edited by JohanvdWalt; 01-14-2023 at 05:39 AM.
Old 01-17-2023, 02:51 AM
JohanvdWalt
Burning Brakes

I found this nice write-up that explain the process and yes it is necessary to drain the oil first.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...id-change.html
The following users liked this post:
DogWood (01-17-2023)
Old 01-17-2023, 04:37 AM
mirzam
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, im depressed.

I got the "no oil preasure" and just drove it the closest place and parked it. Vent to a car repair shop and got the front sensor and oil changed. Still the same error.... The car has absolutly no oil preasure or temprature. Should the next step be to change the solidute ? IT's a cost of 400 USD here, any suggest if it can be bought other places, can it be any other sensor ?
Old 01-18-2023, 05:09 AM
JohanvdWalt
Burning Brakes

This sound like another problem, we have the oil monitoring warning in yellow, not no oil pressure which I presume would be red?
If I remember correctly the same sensor measure oil temp and pressure so hopefully you fitted a dead sensor or you might have a wiring problem?

Quick Reply: Oil Pressure Suddenly Stopping DANGER=?