Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Oil Pressure Suddenly Stopping DANGER=?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2023, 10:12 AM
mirzam
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went for the easy fix and bought a brand new sensor. I hooked up the icarsoft yesterday and while only the egnition is on it reads that there is preasure, as soon as i turn the car on, the preasure is gone. So the wiring then must be in order.

Last edited by mirzam; 01-18-2023 at 10:16 AM.
Old 03-16-2023, 01:12 AM
LXV65 Porsche
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4sPanamera
The car is a 8 cylinder gas.There is oil presure because this oil warning light has happened 3 or 4 times on the freeway and if there was no oil I think the engine would have died by now.I usuallystop the car and restart and then it is fine,one time the warning went away and things went back to normal after a few seconds. Also today when the car was started cold there was a temperature coolant sensor and coolant level warning.But the car was ice cold that is 2 systems that are not right the oil system and coolant temperature warning with intermitent problems.Any ideas?
have you checked your oil cooler
Old 06-26-2023, 03:01 AM
Brabus007
8th Gear

Very interesting, by chance you wouldn't happen to have the part number or link to the part?? Thanks in advance
Old 06-26-2023, 07:26 AM
mirzam
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LXV65 Porsche
have you checked your oil cooler
No... any advice for what to look for ?
Old 06-26-2023, 03:36 PM
aharmb
1st Gear

Default Oil pressure measurement fault

Originally Posted by Nishimoto
We have been running it for the last 6 months and it only rears it’s ugly head in Sport Plus mode.....
no actual loss of pressure ever experienced
My belief having seen cars with this fault and all the repairs done up to and including the oil pump replacement is that Porsche is ignoring that they have a software issue they are ignoring. It happens only in Sport Plus which does change the oil pressure. The fault says MEASUREMENT problem. I have put in sensors and solenoids before I realized it is yet another case of Porsche not caring about the stuff they already sold.
Old 07-09-2023, 02:34 AM
dougpan4
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thank you for the picture. I replaced pressure sensor today. The difficulty is installing with 2 long screws. Part is $167, and oil change.
Many thanks for your contribution without your picture I could not accomplish the task. Porsche dealer wants $1.1K.

Old 07-10-2023, 05:09 AM
JohanvdWalt
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JohanvdWalt
I replaced the sender unit yesterday, (which was not as hard as I expected) the gauge now show the oil pressure at 5 bar at full revs and the moment the revs drop the pressure on the gauge also drop. It does not stay at 5 bar for a few seconds as it use to.
The oil monitoring failure warning is also gone.

I will see what is does in the next few days and let you know if the problem return.
So as I posted earlier, the problem returned after a few days, I waited till the next oil service and then replaced the solenoid as described above. Its an easy job but you need a special tool to remove it.
The tool is expensive if you bear in mind you will use it just once so I had one made by an engineering shop for a fraction of the cost.
I replaced the solenoid about a month ago and the problem has not returned so this seem to have been the culprit in ma case.

Quick Reply: Oil Pressure Suddenly Stopping DANGER=?