Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Official Panamera Waiting Room (for new orders)

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2021, 08:54 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Received 481 Likes on 333 Posts
Default Official Panamera Waiting Room (for new orders)

If you’ve ordered a new 971.2 Panamera, come on in! Waiting for a new Porsche is hard enough, but I thought it’d make it a bit easier if we wait together and share helpful info about our tracking statuses.

I ordered a 2022 4S E-Hybrid back in June. Originally had a 9/17 production start date (V260) and 11/19 delivery (V900). At the end of July, everything moved up a week but that sounded to good to be true, right? Well, I just found out everything got pushed back a couple weeks. Now looking at 10/1 production and 12/3 delivery (to Southern California).
I know the Leipzig factory (where they build the Panamera) was closed from July 31 to August 23 but they should be back at it now. Curious if the amount of options/tech affects the timeline given the chip shortages and all (mine is fairly heavy on the options so go figure).
Old 09-13-2021, 05:04 PM
orca15
Pro

Received 234 Likes on 158 Posts

OK, I'll join in -
My P4 E-hybrid production start date is 11/26 and the finish date is 12/3. No delivery set up yet - I had chosen a European Delivery which is now out the window.

Ironically, I may get may car earlier now, because I was planning to have them store it from German temp registration (early January) to delivery in late Mar. in Leipzig so as to get a little better weather. Now, if I extrapolate from your dates, a two week delay would complete production in late December and deliver here in February instead of the late Mar. ED I was planning.

I will be going over this in my head daily, tracking ships, probably driving to the port to make sure she gets unloaded carefully. Heck I may book a cabin on the shipping vessel so we can experience the journey together.

I don't think the typical options changed anything; I was told before I configured anything that it was a "December allotment" and after the build sheet was entered, still 12/3. I got one of the special paints, chalk interior, upgraded charger, couple of packages... but nothing crazy. I guess we will have a better model when we see when they actually show up.
Old 09-16-2021, 09:39 AM
jtbuy
8th Gear

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi All,

Allotment for build was actually this past July with delivery originally scheduled for late-September. Sadly, timeframe pushed due to chip shortage.

Presently slated to deliver late-November assuming no further delays. Honestly I’m already mentally preparing for another push.
Old 09-16-2021, 11:44 AM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by orca15
OK, I'll join in -
My P4 E-hybrid production start date is 11/26 and the finish date is 12/3. No delivery set up yet - I had chosen a European Delivery which is now out the window.

Ironically, I may get may car earlier now, because I was planning to have them store it from German temp registration (early January) to delivery in late Mar. in Leipzig so as to get a little better weather. Now, if I extrapolate from your dates, a two week delay would complete production in late December and deliver here in February instead of the late Mar. ED I was planning.

I will be going over this in my head daily, tracking ships, probably driving to the port to make sure she gets unloaded carefully. Heck I may book a cabin on the shipping vessel so we can experience the journey together.

I don't think the typical options changed anything; I was told before I configured anything that it was a "December allotment" and after the build sheet was entered, still 12/3. I got one of the special paints, chalk interior, upgraded charger, couple of packages... but nothing crazy. I guess we will have a better model when we see when they actually show up.
Have your planned or expected dates on your tracker changed at all? I bet the European Delivery would’ve been a cool experience. Were you then planning to get it shipped here on your own or keep the car in Europe (if I’m not mistaken, you’re in Virginia)?

Let me know if you find a way to book a cabin on the ship, I might join you hahaha

My dealer told me that at times, they’ve delivered cars with one key fob and said the owner would get the second key fob later just to save the chips and get cars out faster. If it’s that desperate of a situation with the chip shortage, I could see certain cars getting delayed over other but who knows (like mine for example has the assistance package and I’d imagine more chips would be required for those extra features).
Old 09-16-2021, 11:52 AM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jtbuy
Hi All,

Allotment for build was actually this past July with delivery originally scheduled for late-September. Sadly, timeframe pushed due to chip shortage.

Presently slated to deliver late-November assuming no further delays. Honestly I’m already mentally preparing for another push.
Was your original order gonna be for a 2021 model? The way I understand it is that they start making the next year’s models after the factory opens back up in late August after the summer break (this year the Leipzig factory was closed from July 31 to August 23). If you were originally given a Sept. delivery date, it seems like they would’ve made your car before the summer break, making it a 2021. So it may have been a blessing in disguise since you should for sure get a 2022 one now!

Old 09-16-2021, 05:21 PM
125shifter
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

I ordered July 9th, was just told build would be last week of Sept and it would be at the dealer middle of Nov. I'm not going to hold my breath.
Old 09-17-2021, 05:21 AM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 131 Posts

I don't have an allocation yet, just a commission number from my dealer on a Pana GTS estate. I was a little miffed but if this keeps up maybe I will do an early spring ED!
Old 09-17-2021, 06:34 PM
orca15
Pro

Originally Posted by SS22
Have your planned or expected dates on your tracker changed at all? I bet the European Delivery would’ve been a cool experience. Were you then planning to get it shipped here on your own or keep the car in Europe (if I’m not mistaken, you’re in Virginia)?

Let me know if you find a way to book a cabin on the ship, I might join you hahaha

My dealer told me that at times, they’ve delivered cars with one key fob and said the owner would get the second key fob later just to save the chips and get cars out faster. If it’s that desperate of a situation with the chip shortage, I could see certain cars getting delayed over other but who knows (like mine for example has the assistance package and I’d imagine more chips would be required for those extra features).
For the German Delivery, you pick the car up at the factory and when you are done with it, you just give it back. Then it shows up at your dealer as normal. All at no cost to you for up to 16 days of insurance. You can drop it off in other cities or keep it longer for a price.

As to the tracker, my dealer has yet to even tell me any dates at all. I had to go to another source to find out my original delivery date. No update yet except "Euro delivery cancelled."
Old 09-17-2021, 06:38 PM
orca15
Pro

Originally Posted by richardbf
I don't have an allocation yet, just a commission number from my dealer on a Pana GTS estate. I was a little miffed but if this keeps up maybe I will do an early spring ED!
I thought a commission number was associated with a hard allocation/build. I asked someone the production date for my car, they asked for the commission number, and after I gave it to them, they knew the production schedule. 5 digits IIRC. I could easily be wrong...new to me.
Old 09-17-2021, 06:58 PM
KahalaM5
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Put a $1k deposit last week to request an allocation for P4 E-hybrid ST. Not holding my breath!
Old 09-19-2021, 12:30 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 125shifter
I ordered July 9th, was just told build would be last week of Sept and it would be at the dealer middle of Nov. I'm not going to hold my breath.
Similar timeframe as me. Let’s hope for the best!

For the German Delivery, you pick the car up at the factory and when you are done with it, you just give it back. Then it shows up at your dealer as normal. All at no cost to you for up to 16 days of insurance. You can drop it off in other cities or keep it longer for a price.

As to the tracker, my dealer has yet to even tell me any dates at all. I had to go to another source to find out my original delivery date. No update yet except "Euro delivery cancelled."
I had NO idea that with European Delivery you could have all that fun there and then give it back to them to ship it to you! Man, I can’t believe I didn’t know that. I always assumed it was the factory/European version of getting it delivered in PEC LA or Atlanta. Had I known, we might have made a trip to Germany out of it.

It’s fairly easy for them to pop in your commission number into their “Porsche Sales & Vehicle Management System” and send you the updated tracking info with all the various dates for production and shipping, etc.

I thought a commission number was associated with a hard allocation/build. I asked someone the production date for my car, they asked for the commission number, and after I gave it to them, they knew the production schedule. 5 digits IIRC. I could easily be wrong...new to me.
A commission number is released when an order is placed. An order can be placed either with an existing available allocation or with an “order demand” which basically signals to the factory that the dealership has an order from a customer and just needs the allocation so it makes it more likely for the dealer to get that specific allocation the next time the factory gives them a set of allocations.

Originally Posted by KahalaM5
Put a $1k deposit last week to request an allocation for P4 E-hybrid ST. Not holding my breath!
Hope you can get one though the next set of allocations are expected to be released to dealers in early November except some special “favor” allocations that certain dealers may get—which may include order demands so it’s good you put a deposit and hopefully your dealer put in an order demand.
The following 2 users liked this post by SS22:
George from MD (09-20-2021), orca15 (09-22-2021)
Old 09-22-2021, 12:18 PM
orca15
Pro

I've already bought a spare set of 20" wheels for my "dream" car and had them powder coated and A/S tires mounted. I say "dream" because who knows, may turn out that way - just a dream. Depression setting in as my dealer has gone silent.
Old 09-22-2021, 05:58 PM
jtbuy
8th Gear

Duplicate Post - Removed

Last edited by jtbuy; 09-28-2021 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Duplicate Post - Removed
The following users liked this post:
orca15 (09-23-2021)
Old 09-23-2021, 12:15 AM
scurvy
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I've already bought a spare set of 20" wheels for my "dream" car and had them powder coated and A/S tires mounted. I say "dream" because who knows, may turn out that way - just a dream. Depression setting in as my dealer has gone silent.
Hate to say it, but this is why I went the CPO route on a low mileage recent year. I couldn't deal with the inevitable delays upon delays let alone waiting for an actual allocation or build spot. Not sure how you folks do it. I had a superbly spec'd 2022 4S-E built out...then ended up in 2018 Turbo S-E. It had most of the things I wanted, very low miles, and some bonus things (like the 4L V8). Cheaper and ended up actually being better than buying new with the unlimited CPO mileage. You can have a car shipped cross-country in 3-4 days...

I've bought personal spec cars before a lot, but I couldn't imagine doing it now. I deal with the delays enough in my day job, watching 60 day lead times turn into 140 then 270. I can't imagine the all the shortages a car manufacturer must be dealing with right now. Especially one with as little buying power as Porsche.
The following users liked this post:
Dr. G7 (01-01-2022)
Old 09-23-2021, 09:57 AM
jtbuy
8th Gear

Originally Posted by jtbuy
Hi All,

Update!
Sales Associate shared news my car is en route and states bound. Arrival expected 10/08/2021 to Port of Houston and a week-ish later to dealer.

Sales Assoc. is happy to share news that vehicle is fully intact (read: all chips/tech present), rather than shipped partially complete.

Happy days!

Here’s the Planned / Expected / Actual completion date (aka V300) for those interested:
  • 7/30, Planned
  • 10/1, Expected
  • 9/8, Actual
The following 2 users liked this post by jtbuy:
orca15 (09-23-2021), scurvy (09-23-2021)

Quick Reply: Official Panamera Waiting Room (for new orders)