Panamera 2010-Current

2016 Panamera No Crank ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2023, 01:16 PM
Clemons970
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 Panamera No Crank ???

I am working on a wrecked Panamera GTS 2016. The car is a no crank no start.
A new battery was installed and fully charged.
When cycling the Key you can hear the Throttle body at the front of the engine click once. Nothing else seems to click no starter click or anything.
Everything on the dash works and lights up.
There are 3 air bags blown, Drivers door is removed(had to be removed to be able to get in the car)
The driver door harness was removed and the bulk of the components in the door were plugged back in.(with the exception of a few items speaker, interior door handle window motor)
The car was hit on the drivers side in the A-pillar area. Front fender and drivers door and A pillar took the bulk of the impact.
Any advice help or assistance would be appreciated.
Old 02-22-2023, 04:16 PM
sac02
Pro

Received 188 Likes on 135 Posts

Investigate DTCs, see if there is a code that makes sense considering the crash and no-crank.

With airbags deployed, my guess is an ECU has a trouble code that prevents engine starting after an accident (to prevent possible fires). May be as simple as resetting DTCs.

But could be more complicated like a wire harness pinched/shorted somewhere you didn't see yet.
Old 02-28-2023, 03:06 AM
JohanvdWalt
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Some cars have a fuse that pop when an airbag is triggered, this fuse disable the engine and starter to prevent a fire.
I would check this first.