Panamera 2010-Current

New Panamera Owner - Highs and lows

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2023, 08:08 AM
Rushey
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Panamera Owner - Highs and lows

Hi All, Just go my first Panamera a few weeks ago, my first Porsche too! Its a 2018 Panamera 4 E-Hybrid Turismo and I love it! Original owner ticked almost every option box so it has a great spec. Bermester sound system is insane!

Made a few small upgrades:

- I got the "Full Screen" car play and software upgrades done by Servis, who did a great job. (Link)
- Added the wireless charger from Nine Volt (Link)
- Wireless CarPlay from amazon (
Link Link
)
- Also got a tune done so it went from the stock 455bhp to just over 600bhp.

However, its not all been a bed of roses. In short time I have had the car I think I have experienced all of the issues that are mentioned in this forum.

- Had the "no reverse" issue once when joining a motorway. Lost all the odd gears for the rest of the journey. Was fine after turning off the car and has not happened since. It a bit of a worry as I had the same issue on my Wife's Kodiaq last year and it needed a new Mechatronics unit, which was not cheap
- Last week I had the engine check light come on when started one morning and engine was running very rough. Was like that for two days and then it just went back to normal. Only thing I can think of is that we had a significant change in weather over night as we had a bit of a heat wave so it was about 10c cooler. Though it might have messed with Fuel pressure of something?
- Yesterday I had the "E-Power not available" message. Strange thing is there was about 40% charge in the battery the previous night and it was still able to run on electric only when in hybrid mode, just couldn't put in E model. That went away after a restart also.

I do have a 12 month warranty from the dealer I bought from so at least am covered if something does go, but its still a bit of a worry. I bought a ArtiDiag800BT from Amazon also. Only got it last night do did a quick health check and it threw a whole load of codes. I cleared everything and only a few odd ones stayed (rear reading lights etc..). Will have a look at whats left later.

Anyway, good to see a active community here. Anyone have any other suggestions for an upgrades or improvements that should be done?

The only thing that constantly bugs me if having to take the keys out of my pocket to open and lock. Is there anything that can be done to get some kind of keyless access?

Here are a few pictures!

Last edited by Rushey; 09-16-2023 at 08:21 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Nickshu (09-21-2023)
Old 09-16-2023, 06:19 PM
Black_on_black
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 25 Posts

Cant comment the other faults re rough running (a likely culprit is the non porsche certified power upgrade?), but the E-power not available is as it should be, every now and then the ICE will start up to circulate fluids, charge something up - I dunno, but it is normal if you’re only running in E power that like once a week or once every other week it will start the combustion engine.
Old 09-19-2023, 11:39 AM
Chimuel
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Rushey

The only thing that constantly bugs me if having to take the keys out of my pocket to open and lock. Is there anything that can be done to get some kind of keyless access?
Even the base model Macan that my main dealer loans out have keyless access. You may have Comfort Access turned off in the vehicle settings? It may also be an optional extra over in your region.

Otherwise check your options here:

Last edited by Chimuel; 09-19-2023 at 12:38 PM.
Old 09-19-2023, 12:37 PM
PandaSPUR
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

IIRC comfort access became standard with the 971.2 refresh (2021) but was optional prior to that.
Old 09-19-2023, 02:15 PM
Andy Liu
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

They have smart key so you don't need to take it out your pocket. But you got to move one of your key over it. I got it and it work well

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/32568...d=c3UyE6fZUcSb
Old 09-21-2023, 06:02 AM
Rushey
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Andy Liu
They have smart key so you don't need to take it out your pocket. But you got to move one of your key over it. I got it and it work well

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/32568...d=c3UyE6fZUcSb
How does that work exactly?
Old 09-21-2023, 11:20 AM
Andy Liu
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Rushey
How does that work exactly?

you move one of your keys into this remote by soldering the button,

then there is a obd that you plug in. All it does is sent a signal when the car is off to the remote and the remote will sent a signal to lock or unlock based on how close you are

Quick Reply: New Panamera Owner - Highs and lows