Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

No more Panamera Sport Turismo.. Crying in my beer

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2023, 08:20 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,230 Likes on 908 Posts

Off/on topic - the AMG C63 wagon is an awesome machine. I think they were available in Canada. And, naturally, Europe. But not the U.S., sadly.
The following 2 users liked this post by chassis:
earlyapex (01-19-2024), MKC91 (12-20-2023)
Old 12-19-2023, 05:08 AM
hammyton
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I had a ST Turbo S for a few years that I bought CPO and really enjoyed the car but when it came time to sell it I realized while it was a cool novelty vehicle the market for wagons was really not that big in the US (obv something I should have realized beforehand...) and it took more effort than I expected to get a reasonable price for it and this was when the market for vehicles was still relatively hot. There's a reason why theyre discontinuing the model....
Old 12-19-2023, 02:05 PM
neokeelo
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife and I purchased a sight unseen 2018 4S ST CPO with 2 year warranty with 18k miles about a month ago.
Since we purchased it the kelly blue book value shot up almost $~9k! Hopefully it will hold its value and be reliable.
We are really excited to have it for our 11 month old and take it on some awesome road trips next year. Flying to Boston to pick it up Friday!
The following users liked this post:
FNTSTK 4 (12-21-2023)
Old 01-13-2024, 06:23 PM
earlyapex
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 32 Posts

The ST was the best looking Panamera to date. We were lucky to pick up a 2022 Adventure Green 4 ST. I was surprised that Porsche came out with a wagon for the US market. I did not think that there were enough wagon people in the Porsche community. Perhaps it was made easier because Audi brought their RS6 Avant to the US? I previously equated wagon people with Subaru, Audi, and Mercedes. We've owned two Audi A4 Allroads and loved them. Planned to get an AMG E63 wagon next but life got busy and I never had a reason to head over the the Mercedes dealership across town. I get a lot of complements on our 4ST. There are about 7 others in our area. Far more than RS6 Avants and AMG E63 wagons. I don't factor resale value in my Porsche buying decisions so the ST was a passion buy. There are many Porsche models that took decades to start appreciating. It's not worth the effort. Buy what you love to drive and look at. My 4ST with M-engineering tune and secondary cat delete is my favorite P-car to daily drive.

The local dealership told me that the Taycan ST is selling well. Are Porsche EV buyers different?

Love to daily drive this beauty.

Last edited by earlyapex; 01-13-2024 at 06:25 PM.
The following 7 users liked this post by earlyapex:
911C2R (01-13-2024), Bearrun21 (01-15-2024), chassis (01-13-2024), FC356 (01-31-2024), Kelmac (02-09-2024), MKC91 (01-14-2024), TRITONE (01-22-2024) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-13-2024, 08:18 PM
Shuga
Rennlist Member

Received 643 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by earlyapex
The ST was the best looking Panamera to date. We were lucky to pick up a 2022 Adventure Green 4 ST. I was surprised that Porsche came out with a wagon for the US market. I did not think that there were enough wagon people in the Porsche community. Perhaps it was made easier because Audi brought their RS6 Avant to the US? I previously equated wagon people with Subaru, Audi, and Mercedes. We've owned two Audi A4 Allroads and loved them. Planned to get an AMG E63 wagon next but life got busy and I never had a reason to head over the the Mercedes dealership across town. I get a lot of complements on our 4ST. There are about 7 others in our area. Far more than RS6 Avants and AMG E63 wagons. I don't factor resale value in my Porsche buying decisions so the ST was a passion buy. There are many Porsche models that took decades to start appreciating. It's not worth the effort. Buy what you love to drive and look at. My 4ST with M-engineering tune and secondary cat delete is my favorite P-car to daily drive.

The local dealership told me that the Taycan ST is selling well. Are Porsche EV buyers different?

You're in CA right? I mean wagons are considered cool out in CA. Over in NY I've only seen 2 on the road. I love wagons and would LOVEEE to buy ST. But I think I'm one of the very few in NY that appreciate this beauty
The following users liked this post:
earlyapex (01-19-2024)
Old 01-21-2024, 08:49 PM
deejott
AutoX

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

LOVE the Aventurine Green on your ST! What wheel color is that?
Old 01-30-2024, 09:48 PM
earlyapex
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 32 Posts

The car is Adventure Green. I fell in love with it after I saw it at the dealership. I am lucky to live in Monterey County, CA where there are a lot of car lovers. Wagons of all makes are relatively common even if you eliminate the Subaru's. I've seen about a dozen Panamera ST's taking the kids to and from their activities. Mercedes wagons are not common. There are many more G-wagons running around. My buddy has a RS6 but wished he got a Panamera ST. The Audi A4 and A6 All-roads are popular too. The dealership sells all of the Taycan ST and CT vehicles that come, which makes me wonder if the EV Porsche owner is different?
Old 01-31-2024, 12:28 AM
deejott
AutoX

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The car is Adventure Green.
Interesting. I have never heard of ADVENTURE Green but Aventurine Green, a semi-classic metallic green that Porsche has been using since the 1990s on and off.

I was asking about the WHEEL color. Looks like some type of matt gold similar to Porsche's own Neodyme.
Old 01-31-2024, 01:46 AM
Andypandarific
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sport Tourismo is hand down the most beautiful practical fast / quality / luxury / sports / family car out there in my opinion.

Sad to hear they're discontinued, but personally not planning on getting a replacement any time soon
The following 2 users liked this post by Andypandarific:
earlyapex (02-06-2024), FC356 (01-31-2024)

Quick Reply: No more Panamera Sport Turismo.. Crying in my beer