Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Apple CarPlay issues - any help appreciated!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2023, 08:37 PM
BMS_ST
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Apple CarPlay issues - any help appreciated!

Hi all! Recently purchased an '18 ST Turbo

It's an absolute joy to drive, but I've been having an issue with CarPlay where the screen keeps going back to the last non-CarPlay screen I was on after a few seconds, or at most a couple of minutes. So I'll have CarPlay up, and then it will automatically go back to the home screen, or climate settings, or car settings, etc. etc. Super annoying. At first I thought this was due to the bluetooth CarPlay adapter I was using plugged into the USB port, but then I tried just using a USB cable and am having the same issue.

Any ideas on what the issue might be??
Old 12-09-2023, 07:21 AM
chaos2984
Racer

Received 121 Likes on 99 Posts

I noticed the same issue with mine as well. I thought my radio was acting funky and having issues but it was due to the carplay being hooked up.
Old 12-09-2023, 02:15 PM
chaos2984
Racer

Received 121 Likes on 99 Posts

So mine did it to me again today. Seems to be everytime that i hook up tot car play the system doesn't work right. I lose all sound randomly and if i bring it back it will go out again randomly.
Also i notice when this happens my Lane assist and traffic assist goes nuts and stops working. Once i unplug after a bit the system rechecks itself and all systems work properly again.

I talked to my dealer today since we had a PCA event there and he said he has heard of this issue and there are software updates for the carplay system in the car.

I'm going to contact my guy at the dealer and get more info on that.
The following users liked this post:
BMS_ST (12-09-2023)
Old 12-09-2023, 08:03 PM
BMS_ST
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, yeah I'm going to go to my local dealer w/ the issue. If anyone has had any luck getting it fixed I'd love to know - historically I've had dealers try to "troubleshoot" PCM issues and it's cost me $200 for them to look at it, and not come up with any solutions...
The following users liked this post:
chaos2984 (12-09-2023)
Old 12-10-2023, 07:32 PM
RED HORSE
Race Car

Received 128 Likes on 70 Posts

Have lost radio when using car play on my 22 GTS. You have to go through a 4 or 5 step procedure to get it turned back on (not sitting in the car so I can't tell you what they are except it involves the 3 dots on the upper right of the screen). Happens only after there has been brief stops with the car turned off. If it sits overnight it never happens, but if it is parked overnight not working it won't work in the morning.

I called my salesman and told him "I need a PCM lesson" and he showed me what to do. First step is to make sure the car is still listing you as the primary driver.

Quick Reply: Apple CarPlay issues - any help appreciated!