Panamera 2010-Current

Is my Panamera cursed?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2024, 10:30 PM
zspanamera
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Is my Panamera cursed?

New to the Porsche family but I feel like maybe I bought a bad car... Other than my post about the dealer screwing me - I am having so many problems on the car driven less than 600 miles on it since purchase. I have an appointment with the dealership and love it but is this stuff normal?
2022 Panamera GTS CPO (25k miles on the odometer, 25k manufactures original warranty remaining)
1. Oil leak, unknown where it's coming from
2. Air ride suspension warning light intermittently and now creaking from driver rear
3. Transmission seems to be ... kicking every time I come to a stop

I know I am picky but how is this normal?
Old 01-08-2024, 11:26 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,230 Likes on 908 Posts

Originally Posted by zspanamera
New to the Porsche family but I feel like maybe I bought a bad car... Other than my post about the dealer screwing me - I am having so many problems on the car driven less than 600 miles on it since purchase. I have an appointment with the dealership and love it but is this stuff normal?
2022 Panamera GTS CPO (25k miles on the odometer, 25k manufactures original warranty remaining)
1. Oil leak, unknown where it's coming from
2. Air ride suspension warning light intermittently and now creaking from driver rear
3. Transmission seems to be ... kicking every time I come to a stop

I know I am picky but how is this normal?
Take it to the dealer, it's covered under warranty.
The following 3 users liked this post by chassis:
skylolow (01-09-2024), SuperG$ (01-09-2024), zspanamera (01-08-2024)
Old 01-09-2024, 12:25 PM
orca15
Pro

Received 234 Likes on 158 Posts

Not normal. Mine hasn't lost a drop of oil , not even burned. It's been sitting at "MAX" for two years. I did however, have a sound from the rear driver side but it was a chatter, not a creak - like two spoons tapping together. They replaced the strut and some other parts and it is fixed.

PDK is as smooth as silk.

Last edited by orca15; 01-09-2024 at 12:30 PM.
Old 01-09-2024, 01:03 PM
zspanamera
Track Day

Originally Posted by orca15
Not normal. Mine hasn't lost a drop of oil , not even burned. It's been sitting at "MAX" for two years. I did however, have a sound from the rear driver side but it was a chatter, not a creak - like two spoons tapping together. They replaced the strut and some other parts and it is fixed.

Good to know and happy yours has been nothing short of awesome! Unfortunately, looks like I will be dealing with the unfortunate mess of warranty work and etc. We will see what the dealer can do. Sucks when you've spent so much on a car and then have to waste valuable time.
The following users liked this post:
chassis (01-09-2024)
Old 01-09-2024, 01:05 PM
SuperG$
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by chassis
Take it to the dealer, it's covered under warranty.
Absolutely this! If your car has CPO, don't hesitate and take it to the dealer. The CPO program is good and they'll take care of you.
The following 2 users liked this post by SuperG$:
chassis (01-09-2024), zspanamera (01-09-2024)
Old 01-09-2024, 01:12 PM
PandaSPUR
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by orca15

I'm iffy on the part I bolded above. My PDK does have a bit of a kick or bite when going between 1st and 2nd gear (either under accel or decel). I think a few others reported similar experiences here. Not terrible but noticeable sometimes. OP's problem sounds worse though.
Old 01-09-2024, 01:17 PM
zspanamera
Track Day

Originally Posted by SuperG$
Absolutely this! If your car has CPO, don't hesitate and take it to the dealer. The CPO program is good and they'll take care of you.
I have the original manufacturer's warranty still + CPO. Just sucks dealing with this.
chaos2984 (01-09-2024)
Old 01-09-2024, 01:18 PM
zspanamera
Track Day

Originally Posted by PandaSPUR
I'm iffy on the part I bolded above. My PDK does have a bit of a kick or bite when going between 1st and 2nd gear (either under accel or decel). I think a few others reported similar experiences here. Not terrible but noticeable sometimes. OP's problem sounds worse though.
It honestly sounds like something is breaking apart when I come to a stop. It will kick ... and I hear some sort of grinding noise, only when coming to a stop. It's very ODD.
Old 01-09-2024, 01:25 PM
PandaSPUR
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by zspanamera
It honestly sounds like something is breaking apart when I come to a stop. It will kick ... and I hear some sort of grinding noise, only when coming to a stop. It's very ODD.
Okay yea thats way worse than what I feel and does not sound normal lol.
Old 01-09-2024, 02:04 PM
zspanamera
Track Day

Originally Posted by PandaSPUR
Okay yea thats way worse than what I feel and does not sound normal lol.
Lol, it just does not seem normal whatsoever. Maybe it just needs a reset - but at 25k miles - did not expect this from a Porsche, but thank God for warranty!
Old 01-09-2024, 02:51 PM
skylolow
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Your under warranty so make them get it right. Schedule service at your local Porsche dealership and get your free loaner car and hopefully they can get it all sorted out in couple weeks.

PDK should be silky smooth. If its make any type of sound you got problem and not a problem you want to pay out of pocket for. Good news is many times through a Porsche dealership if the PDK is having issues they replace the whole unit.

That oil leak might end up being a bigger job than you'd think especially if its in the V of the engine. Parts can be cheap but labor nails you.

Not sure you want to hear this but I will say after owning my fair share of German cars over the years the ones that had problems more often than you feel comfortable with always were headaches until the day I sold them. None of them had a little run of issues in one year and then were perfect for the next two years. It seemed like if you could get 9 months between issues you were doing good.
Old 01-09-2024, 02:55 PM
zspanamera
Track Day

Originally Posted by skylolow
Your under warranty so make them get it right. Schedule service at your local Porsche dealership and get your free loaner car and hopefully they can get it all sorted out in couple weeks.

PDK should be silky smooth. If its make any type of sound you got problem and not a problem you want to pay out of pocket for. Good news is many times through a Porsche dealership if the PDK is having issues they replace the whole unit.

That oil leak might end up being a bigger job than you'd think especially if its in the V of the engine. Parts can be cheap but labor nails you.

Not sure you want to hear this but I will say after owning my fair share of German cars over the years the ones that had problems more often than you feel comfortable with always were headaches until the day I sold them. None of them had a little run of issues in one year and then were perfect for the next two years. It seemed like if you could get 9 months between issues you were doing good.
This is what bothers me more than anything. Although warranty will fix them, I paid $130k+ for a vehicle where it has subpar quality. I know mechanical devices break and etc, but it's the time I need to continuously spend on this. Sucks a bit and more here to vent than anything.
Old 01-09-2024, 06:18 PM
Shuga
Rennlist Member

Received 643 Likes on 454 Posts

Sounds like someone really really abused it before you
zspanamera (01-09-2024)
Old 01-09-2024, 07:21 PM
chaos2984
Racer

Received 121 Likes on 99 Posts

Get these issues sorted out and see if it gives you anymore issues from there. Sometimes issues are perspective and how attuned people are to whats normal and whats not.
zspanamera (01-11-2024)
Old 01-13-2024, 06:31 PM
earlyapex
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 32 Posts

Not normal of course. Wish you the best on getting it all fixed. I'd get a loaner and have them keep the car until all of the issues are fixed. My 2022 4ST has been very reliable after more than 6k miles.

Quick Reply: Is my Panamera cursed?