Panamera 2010-Current

Final Sport Turismo

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2024, 05:50 PM
Black_on_black
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by VikingPorsche
Congrats! I love the Sport Turismo, have a '18 E-Hybrid ST myself and I am always looking for a new car but I always fell back to a newer 971.2 as the only real possible replacement..

Regarding manual steering wheel adjustment I've seen this on almost all 2023 models and some 2022 models of the Hybrids, but most if now all V8s have this so Porsche may have prioritized the top end builds for these parts. I don't believe electrical adjustable steering wheel is even mentioned anywhere as stanrard equipment?
yep, you are right, but my dealer never mentioned this and after delivery admitted to the omission.

Interesting with the rear screen. I know there have been some delivery issues with 4-zone climate control in addition to the electrical adjustable steering columnn, but you seem to have 4-zone climate - just not the large screen that I was sure was what you got if you ordered 4-zone climate on a 4-seater? I've actually not seen that solution before, is this something new they have made for the 2022+ models?
Dealer didn’t know either, it must be a very rare combo. It is what it is I suppose.

Old 01-30-2024, 05:51 PM
Black_on_black
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by H2Owon
They use the narrower wheels for winter tires to allow low profile cable chains. If you use the wider wheel, you don't have clearance.
that makes sense, but why not let me the customer choose… ? Engineers in Stuttgart think they have it all figured out 🙂😅
Old 01-30-2024, 09:35 PM
earlyapex
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 32 Posts

Beautiful car!
Old 02-01-2024, 09:39 AM
Woofman
Pro

Received 468 Likes on 285 Posts

Regarding manual steering wheel adjustment I've seen this on almost all 2023 models and some 2022 models of the Hybrids, but most if now all V8s have this so Porsche may have prioritized the top end builds for these parts. I don't believe electrical adjustable steering wheel is even mentioned anywhere as stanrard equipment?
That Panamera started arriving without the electrically adjustable steering wheel in summer 2022 was the reason I didn't follow through and order a Panamera ST when I got an allocation in August 2022. My understanding is that it had been a standard part of the seat memory system before then. I instead bought an in-stock Cayenne after verifying that it had an electrically adjustable steering wheel. The Cayenne I bought was the same color as and equipped very similar to the Panamera ST I would have ordered except for its lack of massage front seats, rear side window blinds and rear axle steering. Shortly after that, I noticed that Cayenne were arriving with manually adjustable steering wheels. I still would have preferred a Panamera ST due to it feeling much more like a sports car but the Cayenne has been OK enough and I have to admit that it is more practical. Getting an aftermarket trailer hitch for the Panamera would have a dicey proposition but I easily got an OEM hitch installed on the Cayenne although at a ridiculous cost. My main gripe about the Panamera was its tight rear seat space which I noticed during a test drive when my wife was driving and I was sitting behind a tall salesman who was in the front passenger seat. The Cayenne "seems" to have a little more rear seat space but I don't know for sure. I sure loved the Panamera ST and hate to see it discontinued. I don't find the regular Panamera appealing.
The following users liked this post:
911C2R (02-01-2024)

Quick Reply: Final Sport Turismo