Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Should I buy a 2020 Panamera GTS ...

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2024, 12:41 PM
AFRJacket
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Should I buy a 2020 Panamera GTS ...

I'm thinking about getting a 2020 Panamera GTS, but concerned about maintenance. It's a CPO good thru summer 2026.

I've had >60 cars in my lifetime, but never a Porsche. If I get it, what about future warranty? Am I going to enter a money pit with the GTS?

One reason I'm considering is the car has been on the lot for almost a year so dealership should be motivated. I think the reason it hasn't sold is the color is that weird silver-blue, not best choice. That said, the car is what I'm interested in, not so much color.

CPO is obviously the other factor because I don't think I'd buy a used one without it.

Thoughts?

Last edited by AFRJacket; 02-26-2024 at 12:43 PM.
Old 02-26-2024, 01:14 PM
sac02
Pro

Received 188 Likes on 135 Posts

Common question, search is your friend.

Parts can be expensive.
Dealer service is expensive. Quality independent shops less so.
GTS does not have any catastrophic latent issues to be fearful of.
Air suspensions and hybrid batteries are the most frequent expensive (and they are frequent and expensive) issues on these forums.
Old 02-26-2024, 01:26 PM
AFRJacket
Track Day

Originally Posted by sac02
Common question, search is your friend.

Parts can be expensive.
Dealer service is expensive. Quality independent shops less so.
GTS does not have any catastrophic latent issues to be fearful of.
Air suspensions and hybrid batteries are the most frequent expensive (and they are frequent and expensive) issues on these forums.
Thx for taking the time to reply and for summarizing the issues.
Old 02-26-2024, 02:39 PM
SuperG$
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by AFRJacket
I'm thinking about getting a 2020 Panamera GTS, but concerned about maintenance. It's a CPO good thru summer 2026.

I've had >60 cars in my lifetime, but never a Porsche. If I get it, what about future warranty? Am I going to enter a money pit with the GTS?
Since it would appear you don't keep cars for an extended amount of time, if you like it, go for it and enjoy until the CPO term is nearing expiration. These are good cars, and by all accounts the GTS is the most driver-focused of the bunch.
The following users liked this post:
AFRJacket (02-26-2024)
Old 02-26-2024, 04:59 PM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

One reason I'm considering is the car has been on the lot for almost a year so dealership should be motivated. I think the reason it hasn't sold is the color is that weird silver-blue, not best choice. That said, the car is what I'm interested in, not so much color.

CPO is obviously the other factor because I don't think I'd buy a used one without it.

Thoughts?
Go for it wouldnt worry about maintenance lol . youre like me i lost count how many cars ive owned l. you need an offical Caraholic designation lol!!....
i believe during CPO prep they do all the maintenance due beforehand... have you checked the records?

Old 02-26-2024, 05:07 PM
AFRJacket
Track Day

Originally Posted by alex911s
Go for it wouldnt worry about maintenance lol . youre like me i lost count how many cars ive owned l. you need an offical Caraholic designation lol!!....
i believe during CPO prep they do all the maintenance due beforehand... have you checked the records?
😆 I hear ya!
Car has 22k miles on it, they've done the 20k and also the 30k per carfax, but I will confirm. It's the 40k service that's the biggy I think.
Old 02-26-2024, 10:17 PM
Norge911
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 368 Posts

Since a 2020, it’s 40k miles or 4 years. Ask them to perform the 40k service and you buy it.

enjoy until CPO is expired, then trade.
Old 02-27-2024, 12:21 AM
AFRJacket
Track Day

Originally Posted by Norge911
Since a 2020, it’s 40k miles or 4 years. Ask them to perform the 40k service and you buy it.

enjoy until CPO is expired, then trade.
Thx! Warranty is good thru July 2026. If I like it, I might pay to extend.
Old 03-01-2024, 01:31 PM
djdonte
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

When you get to financing, they will most likely offer to sell you an extra year of CPO. It was kind of pricey, but if I get rid of the car before year three, I get a refund for the third year, so it was a no brainer for me. Since its CPO you are good for repairs, but maintenance isnt cheap. I got a 4s but if I could afford a GTS I would do it in a heartbeat. 4/40K years is a spark plugs, oil change and brake fluid. 6/60K will be PDK service as well. These are usually several thousand at the dealer and maybe half that at an indy shop. See if they will do the 4 year service before delivery.
Old 03-01-2024, 01:53 PM
AFRJacket
Track Day

Originally Posted by djdonte
When you get to financing, they will most likely offer to sell you an extra year of CPO. It was kind of pricey, but if I get rid of the car before year three, I get a refund for the third year, so it was a no brainer for me. Since its CPO you are good for repairs, but maintenance isnt cheap. I got a 4s but if I could afford a GTS I would do it in a heartbeat. 4/40K years is a spark plugs, oil change and brake fluid. 6/60K will be PDK service as well. These are usually several thousand at the dealer and maybe half that at an indy shop. See if they will do the 4 year service before delivery.
Thank you for providing feedback. Your experience and recommendations are exactly what I was looking for.

I have a deal pending inspection and test drive. Will probably do so tomorrow or Monday. Rainy today and car is out of town.

Dolomite Silver isn't my favorite, but it's the car that's important, and there are very few in my desired price range that are cpo--a must have for me to buy a Porsche.
chassis (03-03-2024)
Old 03-01-2024, 02:25 PM
djdonte
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

I like that silver color myself. If thats all you compromised on I'd say you are doing ok. I got Volcano Grey Metallic. Its tough to be super picky with used cars, you win some you lose some. I really wanted sports exhaust and air suspension but it just wasn't happening unless I wanted a plain white one with black wheels from Carmax. CPO is a must for me as well. Best of luck!
AFRJacket (03-01-2024)
Old 03-03-2024, 12:42 AM
TurboLove
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a dolomite silver ‘20 GTS with CPO until 2026. I simply love the car. Yeah you’ll have the standard maintenance intervals to deal with so you can decide whether you go to an indie shop or stick to a dealer- but pretty much all your issues will be covered. I know cuz Ive had a few (ie: headliner replaced, coolant pump/thermostat replaced) but all in all it’s such a fun car to drive!!! BTW- I get a ton of compliments on the car b/c of the color…each to his own.

Last edited by TurboLove; 03-03-2024 at 12:44 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by TurboLove:
AFRJacket (03-03-2024), chassis (03-03-2024)
Old 03-03-2024, 09:39 AM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,233 Likes on 910 Posts

Good luck with the purchase. Please post pics when it arrives in the driveway!

Love Dolomite Silver metallic!

Last edited by chassis; 03-03-2024 at 09:41 AM.
AFRJacket (03-03-2024)
Old 03-03-2024, 04:40 PM
Irish Guy
Track Day

Received 78 Likes on 10 Posts

Go for it! The GTS is a fabulous car. I have the 2022 model, which is practically identical to the 2020 version, save for an immaterial, 20-hp bump.

Porsche gave the Panamera GTS a conspicuous, rear-wheel-drive bias. The car rotates quite dramatically under throttle - much more so than my Taycan GTS, by contrast - and it sounds fabulous. In sports and sports plus, the car turns in sharply. In normal, the car feels loose and more comfortable.

With the extended warranty, you’ll be covered. But FWIW the TTV8 in the GTS is unstressed, being in a low state of tune. The same engine in the CTGT makes 630 hp! I’d be comfortable frequently pushing the car hard once up to temp.

Good luck!
Old 03-03-2024, 04:56 PM
AFRJacket
Track Day

Disregard. I didn't get the car. I think I'm going to look at 911s in about a year; just bought wife an Audi Q7 (great suv btw).

Right now I'm driving this C7.R Special Edition Corvette (1 of 44 yellow/black C7.R verts, so I think it's gonna take a 911 to convince me to make the switch):

Thoughts?

Quick Reply: Should I buy a 2020 Panamera GTS ...