Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Real life pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 10:16 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,949 Likes on 1,180 Posts

Was listening to David Donahue talk last night, he has many miles behind the wheel of all three versions and had nothing but praise for the car. He said it was amazingly comfortable, fast and did not at all feel like a heavy car. His opinion was it is nothing like any of the MB or other manufacturers products and just a down right amazing machine. He also felt pictures did it an injustice and is far better looking in person. Also commented how comfortable it was for a full sized adult to sit in the back seat.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:09 PM
eloyex
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Cupcar#12
cool i can finally get the AMC Eagle wagon with 550 Hp that i've always wanted.....
Hahahaha ... !!!!

just uuuuuuuuuuuuugly ...
Old 10-06-2009, 01:42 AM
ziiz996
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check this link if you want to see the beautiful PANAMERA: https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera...have-been.html
Old 10-06-2009, 11:13 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

I am liking it more and more. The photo with the 356 in the background shows many similarities to the older lines. Might be big and definitely not drop dead sexy but it is a nice design overall. I can live with the back end as it serves a purpose and I have always believed in form fallows function.

I still find it far more attractive than the 750Li, and most other sedans out there. There hasn't been a new car made in along time that I consider attractive the way I did the older cars where creativity was part of the process and not just a result of someone using a CAD system.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:16 PM
George from MD
Drifting

Received 353 Likes on 209 Posts

Just think of the ugliest Hyundai you've ever seen, give it 400HP, 132 buttons on the dashboard and make everything optional.

I think Herr Piech will be making far more enticing Porsches than Herr Weideking did (although I've sure gotta give him credit for the sports cars developed during his tenure).
Old 10-06-2009, 04:13 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Same stupid comments over and over. Some people never learned it isn't nice to throw sand in the sandbox. I guess they feel important by doing it even as adults.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:27 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
Same stupid comments over and over. Some people never learned it isn't nice to throw sand in the sandbox. I guess they feel important by doing it even as adults.
Well, that's post 8,888 from you and you've proven your point with scathing irony.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:36 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Well, that's post 8,888 from you and you've proven your point with scathing irony.
So it was.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:37 PM
George from MD
Drifting

Dang yo' shore rile easy son.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:51 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by George from MD
Dang yo' shore rile easy son.
Not really, deal with BS all day long and I am not your son. I see no place, reason or value for it here. However, for some reason some regulars have to bash what others like rather than keeping their negative opinions to themselves.

Don't like it I don't care. But the need to throw stones, call names, to derogate what others like is IMO a sign of a small mind, part of this place and the Porsche community I have seen over and over again for over 30 years and just don't see how someone could have a passion for one model and disdain for the next just on looks or concept alone. Sorry I just don't understand nor see anything constructive about it.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:53 PM
George from MD
Drifting

L I G H T E N U P. This is a website where we all can share opinions. I shared mine (in what I hoped was a slightly humorous vein) and you hurl personal insults and get all upset and pouty and stuff.

Just because I think it looks more like an ugly Hyundai more than an ugly AMC wagon is hardly cause to get so emotional.

Perhaps we could just think of it as an "Asian-Fusion" design where the worst elements of both AMC and Hyundai have been combined. It did debut in China after all. Don't they hope to sell a lot of 'em over there?
Old 10-06-2009, 11:10 PM
tommytomaso
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lets just go back to the 996 debacle...water cooled flat six?....what are they crazy?? they ruined a legacy..or did they...seems Porsche cant do right unless they stay the same for too many. Ill hold out till i actualy drive one, but im betting it DRIVES REAL NICE!
Old 10-06-2009, 11:13 PM
rombrigs
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tommytomaso
lets just go back to the 996 debacle...water cooled flat six?....what are they crazy?? they ruined a legacy..or did they...seems Porsche cant do right unless they stay the same for too many. Ill hold out till i actualy drive one, but im betting it DRIVES REAL NICE!
Excellent! I'm half Japanese, now I have a legitimate excuse for driving one.

-Roger
Old 10-06-2009, 11:15 PM
rombrigs
Intermediate

Oops, quoted the wrong post, should have been the Asian-Fusion one. -r
Old 10-07-2009, 09:47 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by George from MD
L I G H T E N U P. This is a website where we all can share opinions. I shared mine (in what I hoped was a slightly humorous vein) and you hurl personal insults and get all upset and pouty and stuff.

Just because I think it looks more like an ugly Hyundai more than an ugly AMC wagon is hardly cause to get so emotional.

Perhaps we could just think of it as an "Asian-Fusion" design where the worst elements of both AMC and Hyundai have been combined. It did debut in China after all. Don't they hope to sell a lot of 'em over there?
Listen,

If you don't realize your comments are insulting to those that find it acceptable you have bigger issues than I. If you don't like it simply say "I don't like it" (there is nothing humorous about your comments and they pop up every chance you get to put something down) no need to derogate here, your comments IMO don't qualify as either conversation or opinion. What does it gain? What are you contributing to this community? Nothing as far as I can tell. Just getting your jolly's bashing what others like.

I am not upset could care less. I find nothing credible about your comments and have proven to me that you have no taste or understanding about this Marque. I find your comments pointless and meaningless and I hate wasting my time reading your BS.

That's all. Go have your fun. Maybe one day you will grow up and realize what you sound like a 5 year old.

BTW if you don't like my comments they are no different than yours and equally as humorous.

Quick Reply: Real life pics