Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Does anybody not hate the Panamera styling?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 04:07 AM
JDS968
Bannana Shine
Rennlist Member

Received 334 Likes on 219 Posts
Default Does anybody not hate the Panamera styling?

Just curious. Everything I'm reading in this section is unanimous agreement that the Panamera looks bad. I like it, am I the only one?
Old 03-31-2010, 05:51 AM
phonetics
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think there are at least 10000 people who like panamera... including me...
Old 03-31-2010, 09:40 AM
dadc4s
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Many people, especially those who have seen the car in person, find it to be very striking and handsome. It is not classically proportioned and is not a sports car silhouette but when compared to large sedans that it competes with, I think it is the best looking. Almost everyone thinks the interior design is terrific, even if they don't like the exterior looks. Again, this car needs to be seen in person to be appreciated as it has a lot of presence due to its size that is lost in photographs.
My car is on the boat and will be here soon. I will let you know what kind of response I get as i drive it around town....
Old 03-31-2010, 11:46 AM
Ape
Advanced

I like mine! : )
Old 03-31-2010, 12:35 PM
Trader220
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

I love it!
Old 04-01-2010, 12:53 PM
wwilliams88
Drifting

Received 244 Likes on 148 Posts

Saw it, drove it, like it a lot. Hopefully one will be in my garage someday.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:52 PM
jmm
Advanced

The internet seems to attract a lot of haters. I have found, with mine, that people go out of their way to compliment the Panamera. Many have said it is the most beautiful car they've ever seen. Except for one friend, who called it ugly, everyone I know not only complimented the car, but continued to rave about it every time they saw it and brought others by to see it. One friend said he was with someone that saw the car and complimented it and he felt proud that he knew someone that owned one (me). Others that knew I had a 911 asked if I had seen the unbelievable new 4-door Porsche and had I considered trading. When I said that I already had, they asked to see it up close. Complete strangers, both men and women, have stopped me to inquire about it and one even asked for a ride. When I said I was busy, he tried to set a time and place to get one. I have had many Porsches and Ferraris and none have gotten this much interest. I was at an Audi dealership and the place emptied out to the parking lot while I was there, the manager of the dealership included, and many were taking phone pictures. The manager asked me to unlock the car so he could take a picture of the inside.

My point? Don't let the naysayers worry you. This car has a "presence" unmatched by any other out there right now. It draws the biggest crowd and the most praise in the Porsche showroom. When I first saw it (and drove it) I couldn't get it out of my mind. The view to the interior through the back hatch is unmatched. The comfort in the back seat is second to none. The torque and power are addictive. And the practicality is right up there with an SUV.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:02 PM
Trader220
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

jmm excellent post!
Old 04-01-2010, 06:35 PM
kcturbo
Advanced

I was very skeptical of the exterior esthetics from the initial photos. Then I drove one. The car drives amazingly and the interior is wonderful. I have now warmed up to the exterior. I liked it well enough that I ordered one. My turbo should arrive next week.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:37 PM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Received 498 Likes on 266 Posts

I think it looks fantastic, just like with every other Porsche designed, it looks like nothing else on the road.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:59 PM
NYC123
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default panamera

I love my panamera turbo. the interesting thing is that many people feel or post that for 150k they want something that attracts more attention. I actually liked the fact that I thought it would be more understated than an s63 etc but the truth is the panamera attracts more attention that almost anything on the road. I love the car.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:41 PM
phonetics
Advanced

great post jmm... i also do have one friend who basically said this car looks uglier than his ***... well but this person has always been bashing on things which he can't afford so i didn't really pay attention to his comments.. after reading your post... i look even more forward to mine coming in couple weeks.

someone in the other thread also thinks a V8 vantage can compare with panamera turbo.. he must be on crack or something..
Old 04-02-2010, 11:10 AM
tvandegarde
Intermediate

I've had my Yachting Blue 4S for about a month now and have been surprised how much attention it gets. I have more people rubber neck to look at the Panamera than my 997TT. I walked into a bank for less than 5 minutes and came out to find a guy taking pictures of my Panamera with his cell phone.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:08 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 193 Posts

Love the car,the *** end and rear panel gaps are fugly on light colored cars
Old 04-02-2010, 04:13 PM
cole328
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I test drove one the other day....car looks 1000% better in person....drove like a prosche...technology inside was awesome. However, the visibility out of the car sucked...so much so that I scratched it off the list of possible next new cars. The rear view was almost 70% impeded by the spoiler, an dthe side mirroers left mucho blindspots. Given how fast this car is, and the likely fact that people would want to drive it nimbly around town, it made me nervous that I would sideswipe someone during a lane change (or back up over something when leaving a spot, as you literally can hardly see anything out that sloped rear window).

Quick Reply: Does anybody not hate the Panamera styling?