Panamera 2010-Current

Oil Pressure Monitor Fault 2011 Panamera 4s

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2023, 01:06 AM
LXV65 Porsche
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jan Becker
[i thought mine was the solution but it seems it can have many causes.
I’m not a mechanic so I can’t help.
QUOTE=albania92;18266384]hello sir

I replaced both oil pump solenoid , oil sender unit , replaced the oil and fixed the leaks and it still gives the fault . As soon as I press the throttle hard the oil preasure jumps like crazy at 5bars and wont come easily down .
I must say that previous owner maybe neglected the car because the tip of the guide that holds the timing chain was broken and I had to replace chain to . Maybe the oil pump is cloged . Should I flush the engine with additive and go with the thicket 5-50w oil . Did your car get repaired directyle after changing the solenoid or did you reset anything on piwis ?
[/QUOTE]no do not flush or add any foreign fluids best to just clean sensors or completely replace also must have new oil and filter same time replacement if any oil companies in your Porsche unicorn dna

Last edited by LXV65 Porsche; 03-16-2023 at 01:08 AM.
Old 03-16-2023, 03:12 AM
JohanvdWalt
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mirzam
For those who are having issues with oil pressure dropping when you push the car a bit, change the oil to 5W50 and problem is gone
Problem is high oil pressure, not low pressure so I do not understand how it can be resolved with thicker oil?
It might be different in colder areas but here in South Africa recommended oil is 0W40
Old 09-17-2023, 09:16 AM
Syh244
5th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Oil Pressure Monitor Fault

thanks y’all for sharing your experiences on this issue.

So…. Did anyone fix this? Did the fault come out more often since then?

I started getting this issue earlier this summer. The oil pressure monitor fault error would sometimes show up when I entered the key and did half turn (no full turn to start engine, just the electronics). Once the error comes up, it would never go away throughout the ride.

There were times, however, that the error would not come up at all when starting the car. And once if the error did not come up in the first 30 seconds from starting the car, it would never appear throughout the ride.

The error coming out was like 50/50 of the time.

Now, it’s like 95% of the time.

I’m reading here that changing the sensor didn’t fix it. Changing the oil pump (which costs thousands of dollars) SOMETIMES fixed it. Draining the power by removing the car battery COULD fix it. Changing the oil viscosity COULD fix it. There hasn’t been a true solution to this posted yet. Does anyone have a solution?

And lastly, has anyone else gave up on the issue and simply lives with the error? If it costs more than $1000, I’m planning on just living with this as drivability does not seem to be impacted. I’ve driven 5,000 miles with this error already.

Old 09-17-2023, 07:11 PM
Jan Becker
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default I fixed it

just find my other message above

Originally Posted by Syh244
thanks y’all for sharing your experiences on this issue.

So…. Did anyone fix this? Did the fault come out more often since then?

I started getting this issue earlier this summer. The oil pressure monitor fault error would sometimes show up when I entered the key and did half turn (no full turn to start engine, just the electronics). Once the error comes up, it would never go away throughout the ride.

There were times, however, that the error would not come up at all when starting the car. And once if the error did not come up in the first 30 seconds from starting the car, it would never appear throughout the ride.

The error coming out was like 50/50 of the time.

Now, it’s like 95% of the time.

I’m reading here that changing the sensor didn’t fix it. Changing the oil pump (which costs thousands of dollars) SOMETIMES fixed it. Draining the power by removing the car battery COULD fix it. Changing the oil viscosity COULD fix it. There hasn’t been a true solution to this posted yet. Does anyone have a solution?

And lastly, has anyone else gave up on the issue and simply lives with the error? If it costs more than $1000, I’m planning on just living with this as drivability does not seem to be impacted. I’ve driven 5,000 miles with this error already.
The following users liked this post:
JohanvdWalt (09-18-2023)

Quick Reply: Oil Pressure Monitor Fault 2011 Panamera 4s