Panamera 2010-Current

Oil Pressure Monitor Fault 2011 Panamera 4s

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 12:37 AM
amanisofia
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Oil Pressure Monitor Fault 2011 Panamera 4s

Have a CPO 2011 Panamera 4s. I have been having a problem with the oil pressure monitor fault for the last 4 months. While driving intermittently a yellow warning light will go on "oil pressure monitor fault". At that time the oil pressure gauge will stop working and the needle goes to zero. Within a minute it the gauge will come back to life and the fault disappears. Car seems to run fine during these times, just seems like the gauge stops working. Yes there is oil in the car. When I first took it to the dealer the replaced the sensor said it was fine. Soon as I drove it home it started again. Took it back a month a later, changed the sensor again. This did not fix the problem. Took it back one more time and contacted PNA, told them I did not want it back unless they fix it. This time they say after rigorous testing they need to change the oil pump inside the engine. They have had my car for two weeks now and still not done.

I have my doubts that this is due to the actual oil pump. Seems more like an electronics issue. I did notice I can make it happen constantly if I put it in sports plus mode. Also noticed the pressure runs much higher in sports plus mode, seems to be constantly at a five if I keep accelerating.

At this point I am pretty annoyed about having spent so much on a car that is always in the shop. I have only put about 4,000 miles on this car since I bought it. Anyone have any input or solutions.
The following users liked this post:
Rami Chahine (03-14-2021)
Old 10-03-2016, 11:20 AM
Jneeley98
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having the exact same issue. Was it ever resolves and if so what was the problem?
Old 10-09-2016, 06:29 PM
GVA-SFO
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Have the exact same problem, but a lot more rarely, i.e.: once by year ! (Also on CPO.)
I just let it be.
Have A LOT more problematic CTT, with lunatic error messages and strange behavior of the computer system, ..and still had no chances, over multiple actions at dealer to have them find any fix.
So, having them finding something that is a lot more rare on the Panamera, I gave up.
Old 11-17-2017, 05:58 PM
tomhartzell
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 57 Posts

Now having the same problem with my '09 Cayenne S. Traded emails with Peter Smith, a 37-year Gold Master Tech on the PCA National Tech Committee. He had a couple Panamera's with that issue. There is a oil pump pressure regulating valve on the side of the oil pan that he suspects is faulty, and is fairly easy to change. If that doesn’t fix it, he said the oil pump would be the next thing on his list to check.
Old 08-06-2018, 09:41 PM
Van248
4th Gear

Afternoon

Purschased a 2011 Panamera 4s a few months ago. Clean car-fax, spoke to the dealer that maintained the car over the past few years. The car runs great !!! No issues except the cam bolt adjuster recall,which was completed. While driving the vehicle at freeway speed I get a oil pressure fault monitoring light. The oil pressure goes to zero The fault light clears and the oil pressure returns to normal after about 25 seconds. The dealership replaced the oil control valve and oil psi sensor. The problem still persist at higher speeds -no change. The dealership indicates that it must be the oil pump huh !! Recommended replacement cost $9000. I think oil pump diagnosis should be proven by test not a logical guess. I have read other post, but has anyone gotten to the bottom of this problem ?

Thx
The following users liked this post:
Rami Chahine (03-14-2021)
Old 08-07-2018, 12:10 AM
NJS_04_996
Racer

Had the problem with my ol' 911 as well. Mechanic suggested it was the sending unit but never got around to replacing it.
Old 08-31-2019, 01:53 PM
JackJ
1st Gear

Default 2015 Panamera

Originally Posted by amanisofia
Have a CPO 2011 Panamera 4s. I have been having a problem with the oil pressure monitor fault for the last 4 months. While driving intermittently a yellow warning light will go on "oil pressure monitor fault". At that time the oil pressure gauge will stop working and the needle goes to zero. Within a minute it the gauge will come back to life and the fault disappears. Car seems to run fine during these times, just seems like the gauge stops working. Yes there is oil in the car. When I first took it to the dealer the replaced the sensor said it was fine. Soon as I drove it home it started again. Took it back a month a later, changed the sensor again. This did not fix the problem. Took it back one more time and contacted PNA, told them I did not want it back unless they fix it. This time they say after rigorous testing they need to change the oil pump inside the engine. They have had my car for two weeks now and still not done.

I have my doubts that this is due to the actual oil pump. Seems more like an electronics issue. I did notice I can make it happen constantly if I put it in sports plus mode. Also noticed the pressure runs much higher in sports plus mode, seems to be constantly at a five if I keep accelerating.

At this point I am pretty annoyed about having spent so much on a car that is always in the shop. I have only put about 4,000 miles on this car since I bought it. Anyone have any input or solutions.

I have a 2015 Pan that’s giving me the same fault. Mine happens when the Max AC switch is on and traveling up hill. Running normal AC it doesn’t do it.

Any more thoughts
Old 09-04-2019, 05:47 PM
davidci
7th Gear

My 2011 PTT is in the shop now. Was getting the same fault. Dealer diagnosed it as the oil pump itself. My warranty just paid for itself.
Old 09-15-2019, 11:12 PM
ciaka
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 41 Posts

Advice for PD, change oil filter. Then, change oil pressure sensor. THEN, consider oil pump change. Most times, it is the oil pressure sensor that gets defective. Easy to replace.
Old 12-04-2019, 04:15 AM
Aleks
2nd Gear

Default 2010 Porsche Panamera 4s

Hey, I have same problem with my Porsche Panamera, what’s the best way to go about it, did you ever had your problem fixed?
Old 01-16-2020, 12:28 PM
2nd Gear

I'm having this problem sporadically over the past week with my 2012 4S, as well as a check engine light that came on (solid) for about four days and went off last night. Service at one of my local dealerships told me to give the check engine light a few days and if it goes off don't worry about it, and essentially said that the same thing about the oil pressure monitor warning. Easy for him to say since my Platinum warranty runs out in March.

At any rate the car is running fine and isn't actually losing oil pressure, but I've made an appointment to drop it off next week. I'll try to remember to post here with the results.
Old 11-18-2020, 08:00 PM
rb2650
2nd Gear

Default On going issue

I have a 2010 panamera 4s 60k
it has new oil pressure sensor new oil pump actuator. Oil pressure is good. I have 0.3ohms across the wires from dcm to the pressure sensor and the actuator. Usually get the warning while cruising on the Hwy at about 130km/h or under medium to high loads
Old 12-07-2020, 09:22 PM
Jan Becker
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I also have a 2011 Panamera 4S and the same problem. The "oil pressure monitor fault" warning light is coming on every time I rev it up and push the accelerator. Takes out all the fun!
How far does your oil pressure gauge go when you rev it up? Mine goes all the way to 5 bar. I wonder if that's normal.
Old 12-07-2020, 09:24 PM
rb2650
2nd Gear

With the mechanical gauge goes 7.5bar
Old 03-14-2021, 10:14 AM
Rami Chahine
1st Gear

Default Oil pressure light

Originally Posted by amanisofia

I have changed oil pump, changed type of oil and filters , and still having same problem.

Quick Reply: Oil Pressure Monitor Fault 2011 Panamera 4s