Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

SAVE THE DATE: MD/DC/VA "Meet and Drive" 6/1/14 Sunday, Bagel City, Rockville 930am

Old 04-20-2014, 07:48 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 851 Likes on 434 Posts
Default SAVE THE DATE: MD/DC/VA "Meet and Drive" 6/1/14 Sunday, Bagel City, Rockville 930am

Get our your calendars: The next "Meet and Drive" will be on Sunday, 6/1/14 at 930 am at Bagel City 12119 Rockville Pike Rockville, MD 20852. It's the same shopping center with TGI Fridays. We apologize in advance if that date doesn't work for some of you - it's tough to pick one that everyone can make.

What is a "Meet and Drive"? We meet and chat in the large parking lot starting at 930 am till 11am (show up whenever is good for you - it's totally casual), then we take a circuitous, spirited 50 minute drive to a lunch spot somewhere in the area. The lunch spot this time will be at the Clydes Tower Oaks Lodge in Rockville at 2 Preserve Pkwy, Rockville, MD. 20852 at 11:50 am.

You can order a burger, veggie burger or other sandwich from $10-13 and an entire meal could be had for less than $20. [B]We will have a reservation for 20 people so if you can make the brunch part of the day PLEASE RSVP AND LET ME KNOW IN ADVANCE as it's tough to get a seat here at this time of day.

If you haven't been to this place, it's the most beautiful spot to eat in the area and fairly reasonable for brunch.

http://www.clydes.com/tower#About

REVIEWS: Since I wrote my review I have been back more times than I can count... This is my favorite place to go! I love Clyde's! They have great food and great staff! (I adore all of you!!!) My favorite things on the menu are the wings and the chicken caesar salad. But they also have some seriously delicious burgers and sandwiches and a ton of other good yummies on the menu! The crowd is great and it is such a comfortable place to go out and have a good time. Cozy, cozy, cozy!!! I love Clyde's.. I can't say it enough!
```````````````````````````````````````````````````
I have to say I was thoroughly impressed by my first visit at Tower Oaks Lodge. This location is off the beaten path, in a very romantic setting. It's kind of like fine dining in the middle of the woods. Service was EXCELLENT, food was EXCELLENT and the entire vibe was good. The prices weren't what I expected though. They were better! Overall I was quite impressed with my visit at Tower Oaks Lodge and will be back.
``````````````````````````````````````````````````
I love Clydes! The staff is so great, every single one of them. Seriously it's like Cheers! They make my old fashion so gooooooood! The menu is good, theres always something delicious. And they have trivia and karaoke on Tuesday? What more do you want!!!!!! Well an arcade would be nice..... *wishful thinking*
If either my husband or I mentions this place, we're going, there's no other way about it. Every time I'm at a more expensive place with lesser food I seethe and wish I were here. The lodge ambiance is great if you're into that sort of thing (we are). The food is consistently good. My husband almost always gets the falafel burger because he loves it, but I have gotten a range of dishes and I've been satisfied with the main dish and the sides. We also often get the pickle jar, which is always quirky and weird and tasty!
What makes this place so awesome is not necessarily the food - which is pretty good by the way - but the atmosphere. I must say my 5-star rating is a bit biased. They know my number and greet me by name when I call to make a reservation. Every seating area has its own charm. The service is grade-A. Clyde's is always good about that. The raw oysters are a must. The main dishes are no better than any other establishment at this price level but the overall experience makes any dish they serve taste all the better. Highly recommend it.
Old 05-25-2014, 05:54 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 851 Likes on 434 Posts

Good weather is predicted for the MEET AND DRIVE on 6.1.14. We'll be there rain or shine, though.

If you're able to do the "drive" part, this will be our first TRI STATE DRIVE yet it'll only be a 50 min drive to the restaurant. More will be revealed when you show up on Sunday.

Jun 1
80°
59°
Partly Cloudy
CHANCE OF RAIN:
10%

WIND:
ESE at 6 mph

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SAVE THE DATE: MD/DC/VA "Meet and Drive" 6/1/14 Sunday, Bagel City, Rockville 930am