Panamera 2010-Current

Track Day

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 05:45 PM
Jafetica888
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track Day

First time taking my PGTS on the track yesterday, local Porsche Club did drivers Ed and we had 4x 30min track time. Coming from a 911S I was not sure how that beast of a car would compare to the other cars around and we had a blast. Clearly far from being an experienced track driver, not only could the Panamera beat every Boxster, Cayman and Macan Turbo (these things are amazingly fast), but no problem keeping up with 911 group out there. It was a track event, but no race, fabulous fun. Th speed and traction had a price though, 8.5mpg during the hot laps and melted tires at the end. If you have the chance, take your car to one of these driver education events and see how a 2ton car reacts when you drift and what it means going from 180km/h-115mph into a sharp break to 90/50 and into an S-turn.
Old 05-30-2016, 12:07 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like two tons of fun! I was at a track day in my 9114S a couple years ago and a guy had a Panamera out there. He was very experienced (his Cup car wasn't ready for the season so he took out the Panamera.) Told me he destroyed a new set of tires in one day...that gets expensive!
Old 05-30-2016, 12:30 PM
Jafetica888
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammer911
Sounds like two tons of fun! I was at a track day in my 9114S a couple years ago and a guy had a Panamera out there. He was very experienced (his Cup car wasn't ready for the season so he took out the Panamera.) Told me he destroyed a new set of tires in one day...that gets expensive!
There is a good chance I will rent a 911 for the next event, the daily rental (about $350) is cheaper than he tire use...
There was a guy with a Mercedes from Avis on the track, he had no worries 🙂

Quick Reply: Track Day