Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

FS Speedline RS 993 wheels NIB

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 01:59 AM
budge96
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 90 Posts

PENDING SOLD !
Old 06-15-2018, 09:14 PM
TurboIXXI
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Exclamation RIPOFF

I am livid with this sale. Unresponsive seller. What was he expecting after I receive the wheels??
Received the wheels today via FedEx.
I contacted Bert budge96 about the condition and he was not inclined to issue a refund. These were stated to be New In Box, tires mounted on TWO, but never used on a vehicle. The brake dust tells me otherwise. From our phone conversation, he mentioned that the wheels were NEW and I wouldn't have any issues with them. I sent these photos over text and his response was that I had ample opportunity to ask for more photos and that any damage "is from shelf wear at best". On the contrary, when I asked for the "grease" marks to be cleaned, he said the wheels were already packed and NIB so there would be no issue and I shouldn't worried about a little scratch here or there. $5500 Asking price plus shipping. Since Bert stopped responding to my messages, I feel that this is the only place to go.

Another member on Pelican - Blackbyrd vouched for the wheels as he said he had seen these wheels himself in person.
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...l#post10013442

I did mention to Bert that I would pay for return shipping for a refund, which he declined. I'm not sure what else is fair. I could send these to Jim Dorociak to be refinished, but at this point, I could have purchased new Speedlines from Suncoast Porsche.
I waited 8 years to purchase these wheels dating back to 2010 when Nurburger was selling new sets.

See the attached photos and tell me if this isn't WRONG and deceitful from a Rennlist member. I am definitely disappointed. Also, two wheels were manufactured in 2015 and the other two were manufactured in 2006.

Old 06-15-2018, 10:23 PM
Manual991
Racer

Received 135 Likes on 66 Posts

Wow! Can't believe anyone would list those as NIB. I would be livid too.
Old 06-15-2018, 10:46 PM
TurboIXXI
Instructor

Thanks for your support!

On further inspection, it looks as if one of the front wheels has been repainted. The second layer is clearly visible in the depth of the hub bolts. This wheel also has different SL hardware from the other 3.
Old 06-15-2018, 10:50 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 104 Posts

Geez. Good luck getting this sorted out. Ugh.

Best,

Matt
Old 06-15-2018, 11:10 PM
zero9nine
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would be very upset as they were not advertised this way.
Old 06-15-2018, 11:46 PM
jskylarwilson
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 34 Posts

Did you PayPal friends and family?
Old 06-16-2018, 12:11 AM
TurboIXXI
Instructor

Originally Posted by jskylarwilson
Did you PayPal friends and family?
I did ask for a PayPal invoice but Bert wanted a wire transfer. Considering he had over 1000+ posts as a Rennlist remember and 3000+ on Pelican, his posts were trusting and helpful to other members, I decided to go with his suggestion to wire the funds.

Old 06-16-2018, 12:37 AM
Philip P
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ban this guy. He’s obviously a thief and a scammer.
This is not acceptable in this group. He sold a premium set of wheels claiming to be new and he straight up lied.

BAN!
SCAMMER!!!!!!
Old 06-16-2018, 01:00 AM
budge96
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 90 Posts

Its funny to see how fast the forum will throw you under the bus before you even get a chance to respond.

For one i told the buyer two wheels were absolutely new a front and a rear , the other front and rear were purchased with other parts some time ago but were purported to only have had tires mounted and used for display.

The buyer has failed to display the other three wheels which are sparkling as new like I said .

These pics are mostly the outer edga of the bead and are from what i know either machine marks or shelf bruises on one wheel.

Not certain how I missed one possibly being touched up but that may be because i didn't take close ups of every small mark.

Buyer asked if I could show him the remainder of the wheels I was away on vacation in Los angeles and said I could but it would require me unpacking them once I returned home ,he said don't worry about it just send them/

he offered today to bring them to my sisters house in the valley ,I told him that wouldn't work the wheels were shipped from DC ,and he knows I paid the balance of $295 total ground Fedex minus the $125, i asked him to cover.

It is interesting to see the support offered when in ten years here I've never so much as asked to return a poorly wrapped or marginally shipped item of which I have bought thousands.

If Allan will return the wheels to me as they were not to my sisters ,I will handle the return payment , Bert
Old 06-16-2018, 04:54 AM
TurboIXXI
Instructor

I have no issue shipping back anywhere. I have no further comments with a return payment.

Originally Posted by budge96
Its funny to see how fast the forum will throw you under the bus before you even get a chance to respond.

For one i told the buyer two wheels were absolutely new a front and a rear , the other front and rear were purchased with other parts some time ago but were purported to only have had tires mounted and used for display.

The buyer has failed to display the other three wheels which are sparkling as new like I said .

These pics are mostly the outer edga of the bead and are from what i know either machine marks or shelf bruises on one wheel.

Not certain how I missed one possibly being touched up but that may be because i didn't take close ups of every small mark.

Buyer asked if I could show him the remainder of the wheels I was away on vacation in Los angeles and said I could but it would require me unpacking them once I returned home ,he said don't worry about it just send them/

he offered today to bring them to my sisters house in the valley ,I told him that wouldn't work the wheels were shipped from DC ,and he knows I paid the balance of $295 total ground Fedex minus the $125, i asked him to cover.

It is interesting to see the support offered when in ten years here I've never so much as asked to return a poorly wrapped or marginally shipped item of which I have bought thousands.

If Allan will return the wheels to me as they were not to my sisters ,I will handle the return payment , Bert
Old 06-16-2018, 11:33 AM
95_993
Race Car

Received 503 Likes on 346 Posts

From the pics above, it appears that the wheels did not show defects appropriately in the original ad. Accepting the return as you've noted seems like the right thing to do.

Last edited by 95_993; 06-16-2018 at 12:05 PM.
Old 06-16-2018, 12:50 PM
AC/911's
Banned

Received 94 Likes on 49 Posts

Now you'll refund.....? You need a temp Ban chief, I Know about these, you babbled around & I passed, I read your Add, BS, RETURN $$ & PAY ALL SHIP COST Or MODS should Ban You Know what you had come on....

OP Call Jim & Get What you Pay for, He's the Best & Delivers,

Old 06-16-2018, 03:51 PM
Philip P
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Agreed, this guy still needs a temporary BAN. Unless you are willing to take up BOTH SHIPPING FEES.

For Allan to be out any money would be ridiculous.

You obviously mislead him, intentionally or not, the right thing to do is to pay for shipping both ways and give him his money back.

Your argument that he had time to request pictures is not valid. He trusted you and took your word for it as your ad stated, yet you blame him for not asking for more photos?

And regardless of whether he displayed only ONE wheel it doesn't matter. That one wheel was road rashed and obviously heavily used.

Do the right thing and pay for it all and get your wheels back and sell them for what they really are.
Old 06-16-2018, 09:31 PM
gw911nine97
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, this seller should have a temporary BAN!

Sellers(budge96) ad is totally not up front... missing info about damages & no pics to show edges of the rims.TurboIXXI's pics are what Budge96 should have posted. The buyer shouldn't always have to ask for detailed pics or know what to ask that the seller hasn't revealed.
Two rims from 2006 & other two 2015 is valuable info that should been posted.

TurboIXXI should not have to pay cost of re-shipping in this case as budge96 was not truthful & selling damaged products for NIB/never mounted pricing.

TurboIXXI good luck with this, personally I would be totally pissed too

Quick Reply: FS Speedline RS 993 wheels NIB