Sponsored by:

CDC Removal

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 10:25 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I pulled all that trim to Install my Dension, what a PITA!
Old 03-03-2012, 10:35 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Schmides
mudman,

In the pic with the amp installed inside the rear panel, there is a cable laying on top of the amp (the one where you can see the a small amount of purple wire at the end). What is this supposed to be connected to? I have all the cables connected into my amp that I can and I have this same cable left over, but not sure where it goes!

thanks
To tell the truth I cannot remember, it was a while ago

Post a photo to remind me
Old 03-05-2012, 01:47 PM
Brit6
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could it be for the speaker in the trim panel that gets removed? I remember doing mine last spring and thats what i think its for.

Originally Posted by Schmides
mudman,

In the pic with the amp installed inside the rear panel, there is a cable laying on top of the amp (the one where you can see the a small amount of purple wire at the end). What is this supposed to be connected to? I have all the cables connected into my amp that I can and I have this same cable left over, but not sure where it goes!

thanks
Old 04-19-2014, 04:22 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 126 Posts

Holy thread resurrection Batman!

With the removal of the Sat Nav unit, is it possible to reach around and get access to the optic lines for the CDC? I am assuming that the plug is facing forward. It surely would take some serious dexterity though. I am daunted by the task of ripping up the entire interior just to put the darn bypass in!

Any tips would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
TomF
Old 04-19-2014, 06:41 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 126 Posts

Okay, it is possible to install the bypass without removing a ton of interior trim. It is not easy, and to be candid, pretty darn uncomfortable. Here is what I did:

1. I removed the Sat nav module which is held in by 3 bolts.
2. Reached around way behind the CDC and familiarized myself with the two connections. The lower of the two are the optical lines. You can barely see them with a mirror and a flashlight.
3. Clipped my flexible "grabber" cable-type guy onto one of the optical lines near the connector. Since one can barely get one hand back there and it requires the connector to be pulled out toward the front, this will help create the tension necessary for removal.
4. With my index finger on the release part of the optical clip connector, at the top, while pushing very gently on grabber, I released the clip and the connector popped out.
5. I then carefully released the grabber and removed it.
6. I pulled the optical line out just a bit, very gently, and connected the bypass loop.
7. Reinstalled the Nav module

Viola! No interior dismantling.

That was it. All-in-all, less than ten minutes. The toughest part is the release of the connector clip. It is really frustrating and kinda painful!

Happy to answer any questions!

Best,
TomF.

Quick Reply: CDC Removal