Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Schematic for front door handle.

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 05:32 PM
deons
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Schematic for front door handle.

I had some road rash repaired on the front of my 04 Cayenne Turbo. My body man decided to paint the whole car instead. He removed the doors which of course included removing the door handles. I now have a problem where the back of the front passenger door handle comes away from the body. His schematic is not detailed enough to try and figure out what is causing this problem.

Anybody have a detailed schematic of this assembly please. (I don't want my body shop to tear into it without knowing what to look for).

All help will be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images  

Last edited by deons; 08-17-2009 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Adding Image
Old 08-19-2009, 07:32 PM
99firehawk
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Did you know that there is a 17 page procedure for installing the door handles on a cayenne.
Do you know how much body shops end up paying dealers to fix doors that dont open after they take the apart.
open the door.
remove the black plastic cover that is aprox 1 in x .5 inch tear drop shaped in the door even with the handle. USe a t20 torx screw driver to loosen the screw 5 turns, now stick a screw driver between the scre and the door frame to push it towards the outside of the door, push in on the rear part of the handle. tighten the screw, no he-man just snug .
dont pull the handle or force the screw at any time.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:54 PM
deons
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brad,

Thanks so much for the information. Wow I should have known this when I had to show my bodyshop how to remove and install the headlights. They were totally stumped and then amazed on how simple the headline removal was.

I will actually try your procedure myself.

Kind Regards.
Deon.

Quick Reply: Schematic for front door handle.