Sponsored by:

09 Cayanne Oil Change Price!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 05:43 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by cordsig79
I always buy the oil, have them add one quart or whatever I am short, buy the filter and gasket myself and always replace the aluminum drain plug, they strip easily.

I pay 34 bucks in labor at the 15 minute place next to my house. So I think I pay in total close to 80-90 dollars.

They refused to work on porsches at first, till I walked them through the process

I said, "hey its really a VW, here's what you do,".
I've only changed the oil in the Pepper 2 times (that's 4 drain plug removals) but have not found any problem whatsoever with the drain plugs striping. These are some of the easiest drain plugs to get right. Are you sure you're not talking about replacing the "crush washer"? Those are supposed to be changed each time.

Well, mine's not really a VW so maybe that's why it's easier....
Old 03-17-2010, 06:11 PM
cordsig79
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 993BillW
I've only changed the oil in the Pepper 2 times (that's 4 drain plug removals) but have not found any problem whatsoever with the drain plugs striping. These are some of the easiest drain plugs to get right. Are you sure you're not talking about replacing the "crush washer"? Those are supposed to be changed each time.

Well, mine's not really a VW so maybe that's why it's easier....

Haha, well most 15 minute places do not want the liability for a 7 dollar hour assistant forgetting to put an oil filter or plug on right and being out 13k on a Porsche engine versus 3k for a Honda engine........so by relaying the same myth I like to not condone, it got me in at a much cheaper price for my oil changes

on the 6er we have just the oil transfer case drain and the plastic housing around the filter........which yes, not only did i get a shower of black gold but it burned my arm......they said get it a little warm, and yes everytime I, noticed the alumni drain plug might be easy to strip....

I know nothing of a crush washer......again this is my beta baby to get used to maintenance etc......I was gonna trade it in......but so far I might stick with her before going ***** out on a turbo.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:51 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

***UPDATE*** got my 09 Cayanne back from my dealer Bert Smith Porsche from the oil change and head light washer fix and the Check Oil Level light came on! So I was close to home and had extra oil in the garage so back home I went. 1 quart of Mobile 1 later it was full. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!......makes me wonder if Bert Smith Porsche fixed the other issue with my Cayanne correctly?

I have zero faith in the service department anymore at this dealership. That really scares me as I love their sales department and my sales guy Mike O'Donnel could not be any better. But the service department leaves me empty. This is EXACTLY why with my Carrera S I take it to an independant Porsche service shop for oil, tires, alignments and even fitting my new PDK paddle shift wheel on. Lucky my local independant Porsche shop has a certified Porsche mechanic and he even has the PIWIS tool. So since my local Porsche dealer can't even get an oil change correct I will not be taking my 2- Porsches back to them unless it is something under warranty and major wrong with them.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:43 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
***UPDATE*** got my 09 Cayanne back from my dealer Bert Smith Porsche from the oil change and head light washer fix and the Check Oil Level light came on! So I was close to home and had extra oil in the garage so back home I went. 1 quart of Mobile 1 later it was full. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!......makes me wonder if Bert Smith Porsche fixed the other issue with my Cayanne correctly?

I have zero faith in the service department anymore at this dealership. That really scares me as I love their sales department and my sales guy Mike O'Donnel could not be any better. But the service department leaves me empty. This is EXACTLY why with my Carrera S I take it to an independant Porsche service shop for oil, tires, alignments and even fitting my new PDK paddle shift wheel on. Lucky my local independant Porsche shop has a certified Porsche mechanic and he even has the PIWIS tool. So since my local Porsche dealer can't even get an oil change correct I will not be taking my 2- Porsches back to them unless it is something under warranty and major wrong with them.
Did you let them know about this? I hope so. You can't expect them to fix their service dept.'s problems if they don't know about them.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:39 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by medtech
$60 DIY, Best deal in town!!
+1

I'll change Cayenne oil in exchange for a bottle of Remy Martin XO.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:53 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by 993BillW
Did you let them know about this? I hope so. You can't expect them to fix their service dept.'s problems if they don't know about them.
Yes I called them and then sone survey person called the next day to check on the quality of the service.

Quick Reply: 09 Cayanne Oil Change Price!