Sponsored by:

Ghost of Cayenne Past....

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 10:33 AM
droptop
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ghost of Cayenne Past....

hey, guys. just thought i would drop by and see how the Hybrids were getting along <insert Vincent Price laugh>. as my FX45 rolls past 120k with no expenses past the normal maintenance items, i was reflecting on the late unlamented Lemon Flavored CayenneS, and reading some of the threads, by which i see very little has changed...

was looking at a BMW X6 the other day, and had a moment of madness, before i remembered it was German, and put the checkbook away. in another 30-50k i will be switching to an FX50, and moving farther away from my Porsche experience. however, i will always treasure being in that celebrated few who can say...

"They towed my Porsche away in the Lemon Law Settlement"
Old 01-12-2011, 12:37 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

You didn't have to sign a non-disclosure agreement? I did with the wife's '07 328 HT Conv.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:51 PM
droptop
Pro

Default nope...

before the original lemon law hearing they decided to settle with me, but when the settlement papers showed up they were considerably different than the agreement. one of the inclusions was a NDA. i wouldn't sign so we went back to the lemon law hearing a second time and they lost. since it was actually judged a lemon, instead of me agreeing to some settlement from them, there were no conditions at all to the requirements of the lemon law judgement.

buahhhahahahahahhaha!! free at last, free at last, THANK GOD, free at last...ahem..

so, large weather we have been having...
Old 01-12-2011, 01:57 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Larry says "hello"....and that it is way too 'warm' where he is for snow...

Nice of you to drop by ... Most of the "old timers" ate disappearing.

I still miss Wingless ...
Old 01-12-2011, 05:56 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by droptop
before the original lemon law hearing they decided to settle with me, but when the settlement papers showed up they were considerably different than the agreement. one of the inclusions was a NDA. i wouldn't sign so we went back to the lemon law hearing a second time and they lost. since it was actually judged a lemon, instead of me agreeing to some settlement from them, there were no conditions at all to the requirements of the lemon law judgement.

buahhhahahahahahhaha!! free at last, free at last, THANK GOD, free at last...ahem..

so, large weather we have been having...
OK. I WISH I had gone the full LL on the 328, I'm sure it would have been much less of a hassle. (I learned that lesson the hard way)
Old 01-12-2011, 06:55 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Larry says "hello"....and that it is way too 'warm' where he is for snow...

Nice of you to drop by ... Most of the "old timers" ate disappearing.

I still miss Wingless ...
ditto
Old 01-13-2011, 10:17 PM
droptop
Pro

Default i don't think so...

Originally Posted by 993BillW
OK. I WISH I had gone the full LL on the 328, I'm sure it would have been much less of a hassle. (I learned that lesson the hard way)
the majority of my Cayenne ownership happened while in lemon law proceedings, almost 2 years. without the intervention of the Arkansas AG's office (a very nice assistant AG who is now a very good judge) i would probably still be in the middle of a lawsuit about them taking it back, since they didn't seem to want to follow the lemon law settlement.

took almost 2 years of my life, and raised my BP another 5 pts. not worth the effort. the FX has lowered the BP just because it starts every time, and has yet to give me a problem.

Quick Reply: Ghost of Cayenne Past....