New Cayenne S problem: Vehicle Settings won't stick

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 01:42 AM
gxcross
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Cayenne S problem: Vehicle Settings won't stick

Hey guys,

Just got a 2011 Cayenne S.. love the car! But running into a weird issue, and hoping someone here knows a quick fix:

Settings that I set on the vehicle settings menu (via steering wheel.. stuff like comfort entry, display options, etc) get reset whenever I turn off the car. The next time I start the car, most of the settings (though not all) revert back to factory settings. Is there something I need to do to make these settings set, or do I need to bring it back to the dealer for repairs?

Thx.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:14 AM
Aperture776
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

When you change settings you have to make sure to save it on your seat memory. That stores your settings for your seats, the PCM, & multi function steering.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:16 PM
Dave I
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

I had a similar problem even when saving the settings using the seat memory; the settings got erased each time the second key was used. As far as I know, there was no solution for my problem other than turning off the seat memory switch on the driver's door panel. Hopefully for you, there has been a software update recently that addresses your problem.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:38 PM
Aperture776
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave I
I had a similar problem even when saving the settings using the seat memory; the settings got erased each time the second key was used. As far as I know, there was no solution for my problem other than turning off the seat memory switch on the driver's door panel. Hopefully for you, there has been a software update recently that addresses your problem.
I believe that the settings are also saved on the last setting it was on on the key. If you lock the car with that key, that last setting will be saved using that key. Does that make sense? It's all in the manual.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:49 PM
bkcarrera
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Each of the two keys save their own settings. If my wife ever gets to drive our new CS - she will use key # 1 = even volume levels for the radio seem to follow each key.
I have kearned if I adjust the seat to store it - otherwise next time it goes back to the previous settings.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:31 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

The settings are specific to each key, so if you switch keys you lose the settings.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:09 PM
gxcross
Track Day

Thanks guys.. i've been using the same key as i'm the only driver. i'll try turning off seat memory to see if that solves the problem. but maybe as someone suggested, a software update will fix the issue.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:07 PM
Dave I
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Aperture776
I believe that the settings are also saved on the last setting it was on on the key. If you lock the car with that key, that last setting will be saved using that key. Does that make sense? It's all in the manual.
It does make sense and based on the info in the manual it should work as such, but the reality is that it didn't work properly in my vehicle. Spent hours in the vehicle programming and reprogramming and trying to see if there was some sort of magical sequence of events that would get it to work properly.

The reality was that there were several electrical issues in my particular vehicle that defied the logic in the manual.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:58 PM
Charcharius
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

First post...

Signed up because I'm having the same issue with my new '11 S. Won't save seat settings, pressure unit selection, etc, but it does save my Bluetooth address book. Haven't tried the homelink stuff yet, but I will try tomorrow and report back.

Thanks for posting this.

Aaron
Old 03-04-2011, 08:43 PM
Charcharius
Instructor

Quick summary on my end:
symptoms include inability to save seat settings or vehicle menu in instrument cluster, cannot get set button light on doors to light up. Homelink functions properly.

Dealer verified the malfunction today. They have ordered a comfort seat control module, and explained they had seen this on a Panamera as well. They noted that a vehicle scan would not identify this problem.

HTH,
Aaron
Old 03-05-2011, 02:24 PM
Bill P.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm, maybe that explains why when I shut down that my steering wheel still raises but the seat no longer moves back...
Old 03-05-2011, 02:29 PM
gxcross
Track Day

Charcharius, thanks! Will contact my dealer too..
Old 03-09-2011, 08:22 PM
Charcharius
Instructor

Closure! All fixed, no parts, and minimal effort.

Cause: Control unit for seat memory incorre t basic setting and coding.

Correction: Attempted to clear fault memory. Fault would not clear. Started guided fault finding. Per test plan checked function of fore aft seat adjustment. Found working normally, was about to replace control unit per test step two. Tried resetting to factory setting and recoded control unit manually, then ran normalization procedure on seat. After procedure completed, fault would clear and seat memory functions were available and working as specified.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:03 PM
Docholiday911
1st Gear

Same problem with loss of seat memory....but seems to fault when voltage reading is 12 v or less. In addition have wild swings in voltage from 5.9v - 14.9v with only very basic accessories running. This morning interior courtesy lights did not work. [2011 Cayenne S ]. Dealer has ordered a control module...but I suspect there is a short circuit somewhere.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:26 PM
halfduplex
8th Gear

Picked up my 2011 Cayenne a week ago. I really love it. But it also seems to have a problem saving settings. The most annoying thing is that the radio comes on each time I start the car. I left voice mail for my salesman last night asking if there's some trick to getting it to remember I want the darn thing off. No call back yet. I'm grateful to have found this thread and discovered I'm not the only one with this problem.

Quick Reply: New Cayenne S problem: Vehicle Settings won't stick