Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My CS's Engine Cutts off Suddenly!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 08:32 AM
Muhanad
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My CS's Engine Cutts off Suddenly!!!!

Ello Everyone

I just got my CS a month ago and after i took it to the dealer for the first checkup they updated my software.
after that sometimes and very rarely when I'm slowing down to turn at a junction or before i get to a complete stop the engines cuts of and the car stops with all the light on the instrument panel come on.
i took it to the dealer they reinstalled the software and sent a message to Porsche Germany saying that this is the first time they hear of that.
when they gave me the car back they said to keep the start/stop system always off and on the next service they would have a solution.

This happened to me 3 times now with the last time just yesterday.
i was wondering if any of you have the same problem or its just me.

Picture below is what happens to the car after it cuts of with me only driving also the steering wheel locks.
Attached Images  
Old 06-02-2011, 02:20 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Since you got your car just a month ago it was definitely in the window of time where Porsche was replacing engine computers on the Cayenne S and Turbo. My car was held in port for two weeks before delivery waiting for a new computer. Was your computer replaced or just updated with new software? Double check with your dealer to make sure your car isn't one that was affected by the recall.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:34 PM
gxcross
Track Day

Maybe also try pressing the button which turns off the auto engine/stop/start feature which conserves fuel. Personally I never use that feature anyway because of the delay in restarting the engine.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:48 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

I assume your problem is something other than the normal shutting off that happens with the start/stop system. FWIW, I don't use that system often but have not had any issues with the way it works. The engine restart is very quick and happens as soon as I lift my foot off of the brake.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:23 PM
Muhanad
Intermediate

Thanks Mike The dealer told me to have the Auto start stop always off and it also happened.
I think that they just updated the system because i don't think they got new computers here just yet.
but i will check with them and ask again. I was just wondering if anyone else got the same problem.

other than this problem i'm really enjoying my cs

funny story:
Today in my apartment building they called me saying that my cars alarm is going on so i went down and it was off i asked the receptionist what happened he said nothing only a panamera passed by and it went on. so i thought that my CS has the hots for a Panamera since they are the only porsches in the building.

thanks again
Old 06-04-2011, 09:19 AM
STP 1
2nd Gear

Muhanad, mine turbo has done the same thing twice, the first time was a hard left at slow speed and the second time was starting from a stop, also making a left?? The other ting its has done 3 times is the navi goes black and its sounds like a short or bad contact ane then reboots itself?? had it to the dealer, they ran the diagnostics and amazingly there was NOTHING wrong. Its going back next week till they figure it out
Old 08-03-2012, 12:05 PM
Hammy113
7th Gear

Muhanad and STP 1,
I got the same problem with my 2012 CT. What were the solution for your cars? Please let me know.
Thanks
Old 12-28-2021, 09:02 AM
skinnytirez
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammy113
Muhanad and STP 1,
I got the same problem with my 2012 CT. What were the solution for your cars? Please let me know.
Thanks
I know this is a long shot as this thread is going on a decade old, but any chance you remember what the problem was? I’m in the same situation and the dealer is out of ideas…
Old 12-28-2021, 12:05 PM
oregondave
Banned

Received 160 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by skinnytirez
I know this is a long shot as this thread is going on a decade old, but any chance you remember what the problem was? I’m in the same situation and the dealer is out of ideas…
why are you posting this in the 955/57 thread?

Quick Reply: My CS's Engine Cutts off Suddenly!!!!