Sponsored by:

VIDEO: Short Film - Wicked Cayenne Turbo - HD 1080P

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 01:34 PM
renaissance.man
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post VIDEO: Short Film - Wicked Cayenne Turbo - HD 1080P

As promised, I put together several AV clips of my modded CTT after completing my 80mm exhaust project.

Of course, I couldn't do the "bare minimum", so it kind of evolved into a short film that is more of a intro/demo reel for my CTT; good quality external mic, shot in 1080P

A few of the shots came out shakier than I would have preferred (even after image stabilization), however, I am pretty happy with the end result.

I recommend full screen and a good set of speakers/headphones/earbuds for the lower frequencies.

Be warned that this is more "WILD" than "MILD" for the more conservative among us

Let me know what you guys think.

Click Here:
Old 07-01-2012, 01:58 PM
grohgreg
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Still photo only. No indications whatsoever that it's a video clip. Have you directed us to a members-only site?

//greg//
Old 07-01-2012, 02:07 PM
renaissance.man
Advanced

Originally Posted by grohgreg
Still photo only. No indications whatsoever that it's a video clip. Have you directed us to a members-only site?

//greg//
Vimeo is a popular video hosting site with better HD quality than Youtube. You do not need to be a member. I just checked the link on my phone and second PC and it plays for me.

Try it again.. If you are still having issues try the link in the lower right hand corner that says "switch to HTML5 player"

Let me know how it goes...
Old 07-01-2012, 02:45 PM
hahnmgh63
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Worked fine for me. Great Video.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:57 PM
DeadStick
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great video! Love the exhaust note. What engine/exhaust mods have you done?
Old 07-01-2012, 06:20 PM
jerry joseph
Pro

Great presentation and quality video
Well put together,thanks
Btw,is that the short film you won "neighbor of the year" award with?
Old 07-01-2012, 06:44 PM
ArneeA
Drifting

Nice video but blowing through a 25mph street at those speeds? I don't know about that. There was an older lady walking her dog in the first part of the video.

Plus, you can only step on the pedal on the straights? Maybe some DE courses is at hand, but not before you learn safety. Safety first then speed. I had to say it.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:25 PM
renaissance.man
Advanced

Originally Posted by hahnmgh63
Worked fine for me. Great Video.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by DeadStick
Great video! Love the exhaust note. What engine/exhaust mods have you done?
Its a lot to note, nothing internal though. The major parts are: ECU tune, DVs, BMC air filters, lowered, fully opened up the exhaust from the turbos back to the Supersprint race mufflers. Larger 82mm TB has been ordered from Suncoast and should be here soon.

Originally Posted by jerry joseph
Great presentation and quality video
Well put together,thanks
Btw,is that the short film you won "neighbor of the year" award with?
Haha! Yeah, right.. Seriously though, I tried my best to me mindful and didn't do anymore of two of any shots. I figured it couldn't by any louder or annoying that those guys on the Harleys driving through.

Originally Posted by ArneeA
Nice video but blowing through a 25mph street at those speeds? I don't know about that. There was an older lady walking her dog in the first part of the video.
Ugh... this comes off as self-righteous and condescending. What ever happened to "if you do not have anything nice to say, say nothing at all"?

Clearly you are speaking of your own opinions and trying to force them on someone else - no thank you You cannot say for certain anything at all, except you saw a person somewhere in my video.

Keep it moving, bub.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:39 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by renaissance.man

Let me know what you guys think.

Click Here:
Are you sure you want to know what people REALLY think? Because I turned it off after I got tired watching the camera spin around the car on what seems like an endless loop, to incredibly cheesy soundtrack and at least 6.5 more minutes remaining.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:18 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I got tired of the the 360's too and went to the twisties where I stopped watching for fear of seeing someone run over pulling out of their driveway.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:38 PM
ArneeA
Drifting

Ugh... this comes off as self-righteous and condescending. What ever happened to "if you do not have anything nice to say, say nothing at all"?

Clearly you are speaking of your own opinions and trying to force them on someone else - no thank you You cannot say for certain anything at all, except you saw a person somewhere in my video.

Keep it moving, bub.
I don't want to start an e-war, but whatever happened to grow some ***** and take it like a man? You were speeding on a 25 (it is shown on a video). It's obviously a residential street because of all the mailboxes. There was an old lady walking her dog.

You didn't even have the car in manual mode and just kept on hitting the throttle kick down button to have the car downshift and boost for you.

Righteous or not, I've seen pretty bad accidents from people who 1) don't know how to "play safely" and 2) tries to perform an exhibition of speed while lacking the skill to do so.

Also, since you post the video on the internet, grow some ***** for some criticism.

Keep it moving and keep the shiny side up.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:42 AM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by pdxjim
I got tired of the the 360's too and went to the twisties where I stopped watching for fear of seeing someone run over pulling out of their driveway.
+1. You were clearly in a residential area, I'm glad it didn't end up a video of some tragedy.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:29 AM
Whiplash_89
Advanced

Awesome.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:59 PM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Nice sounding exhaust note but sorry, gotta agree, those speeds in a residential setting are negligent. Take it to a track for that stuff or at least get way out in the country. You did ask for opinions.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:10 PM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice video and professionally shot w/o a doubt! I did however get a bit dizzy after the fifth or sixth 360° but hey, it's gotta be the age.

BTW, I had no idea that the Turbo (in addition to the GTS) came in a PD-edition.

Love the rims. Drive safe friend!

Quick Reply: VIDEO: Short Film - Wicked Cayenne Turbo - HD 1080P