Macan 2014-Current

Anyone ordering a Macan?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 12:51 AM
sebis
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

29 days and counting, still no Macan forum on Rennlist.

HELLO ADMIN, if you need some webmaster work I can volunteer in exchange for 2014 dues
Attached Images  
Old 10-30-2013, 11:20 AM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

21 days to go and still no Macan section on Rennlist....
Admins???!!! Where are you??

In the meantime...... Here are some new videos Porsche has released:

California testing:
Dubai testing:

Suzy (via iOS app)
Old 10-30-2013, 01:34 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I have to admit, the P!glet is growing on me...

I suppose I might be able to convince her that this would be an option against another 3 series or a 5 series. She might kill me if her next Porsche isn't another 911 though...
Old 10-30-2013, 02:11 PM
Dyim
Drifting

Received 1,021 Likes on 545 Posts

Originally Posted by gnat
I have to admit, the P!glet is growing on me...

I suppose I might be able to convince her that this would be an option against another 3 series or a 5 series. She might kill me if her next Porsche isn't another 911 though...
I like that name!
Old 10-30-2013, 02:40 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 719 Likes on 394 Posts

We thought about a Macan. However, Porsche took too long bringing it here. My wife just got an SQ5 and is thrilled. It's pretty fast for an SUV - faster than the Cayenne GTS we had!
Old 10-30-2013, 02:52 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RayDBonz
We thought about a Macan. However, Porsche took too long bringing it here. My wife just got an SQ5 and is thrilled. It's pretty fast for an SUV - faster than the Cayenne GTS we had!
I can only confirm that

I loved my SQ5 (Here in Europe it's a Bi-Turbo diesel). I put 77000km on it in a little less than a year. Fantastic car and didn't have one problem with it.
(The only thing I missed was air suspension for long trips, which is not available on the SQ5)

Suzy (via iOS app)
Old 10-30-2013, 03:52 PM
sebis
Racer

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Suzy991
21 days to go and still no Macan section on Rennlist....
Admins???!!! Where are you??
Suzy (via iOS app)
Maybe one of the moderators can ping the admins that are missing in action.

TIA
Old 10-31-2013, 11:20 AM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Default First comparison Porsche Macan vs. Audi Q5

The German Car magazine "Auto Motor und Sport" did the first comparison between the Porsche Macan and Audi Q5.
Here are some pictures (all credits to the original poster on Rennteam)

I think the taillights looks very good. I'm just not quite sure about that black plastic sideprotector, but I guess that can be painted as an option.
Overall a nice car, especially the interior and the new steering wheel!
Old 10-31-2013, 11:27 AM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh wow is this a real leak or renders? Those tails do look good. And the rear window is more raked without the fake cladding. Can't wait to see high res pictures. Whats up with the huge black thing on the side though? AND why does Porsche have put 700 buttons around the shifter?
Old 10-31-2013, 11:42 AM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by endless_corners
Oh wow is this a real leak or renders? Those tails do look good. And the rear window is more raked without the fake cladding. Can't wait to see high res pictures. Whats up with the huge black thing on the side though? AND why does Porsche have put 700 buttons around the shifter?
The magazine came out today and those are not renders if I'm correct. I know that the magazine has a very good relationship with PAG, so I guess this is all planned.

Regarding the black thing... Porsche will have an option to get it painted I guess. The roofspoiler is also high gloss black, so I guess this is a black exterior package, like on the Cayenne.

Those buttons are common in all the Porsches. You like it or you don't like it. I agree it is a lot of buttons... Haha.

Car looks a bit like a hatchback, which I quite like to be honest. It's something different. Downside is that headspace and luggage space is less than in the Q5 despite of being bigger (and slightly heavier, although center of gravity is much lower according to the magazine) handling is phonomenal.

Suzy (via iOS app)
Old 10-31-2013, 01:43 PM
sebis
Racer

The magazine came out today and those are not renders if I'm correct. I know that the magazine has a very good relationship with PAG, so I guess this is all planned.

Regarding the black thing... Porsche will have an option to get it painted I guess. The roofspoiler is also high gloss black, so I guess this is a black exterior package, like on the Cayenne.

Those buttons are common in all the Porsches. You like it or you don't like it. I agree it is a lot of buttons... Haha.

Car looks a bit like a hatchback, which I quite like to be honest. It's something different. Downside is that headspace and luggage space is less than in the Q5 despite of being bigger (and slightly heavier, although center of gravity is much lower according to the magazine) handling is phonomenal.

Suzy (via iOS app)
Suzy, can you please translate for us, Google translate doesn't work on this

P.S. I love the look without the fake cladding, like it much better than the Cayenne, looks more like a tall hatch back which I like.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:53 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Yeah I could see one of those in front of my house...

Not that those are the best pictures, but it looks like their are following with the 958 style of you either order it with roof rails or you can't add them later (e.g. doesn't appear to be any mounting spots). That's a shame (especially since the cargo area is compromised by the rake of the D pillar).
Old 10-31-2013, 02:01 PM
bansasn
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Great proportion, nice high belt line, nice D pillar rake, great stance, and the wheel size looks great!
Old 10-31-2013, 02:32 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

I don't have time enough to translate the whole article, but I will mention some key points:

- Three engine choices at the introduction:
Macan S: 3.0 V6 B-Turbo 340hp, 460NM (340lbs-ft)
Macan Turbo: 3.6 V6 Bi-Turbo 400hp, 550NM (405 lbs-ft)
Macan S Diesel: 3.0 V6 258hp, 600NM (442lbs-ft)

- 0-62mph for Macan Turbo: 4.5 sec

- 4-cylinder engines arrive in 2015 (Both petrol and diesel)

- Much lower center of gravity than Audi Q5 (Macan is an inch lower), despite being slightly heavier than Q5.

- They call it the most agile SUV ever! They say that they will not be surprised if the Macan Turbo does the Nordschleife in around 8 minutes (close to Cayman S)

- Seating position very low for an SUV, despite of that is the headspace in the back not very well for people taller than 6'2". Legroom is almost the same as in the Q5. Overall practicallity is not as good as the Q5. Overall visibillity is also not as good as the Q5.

- Interior quality is best in class, although ergonomically not as good as Audi Q5. Interior is much more sporty than Cayenne.

- Macan feels almost sportscar-like, when driving the car.

- With the optional air-suspension you can rise the car about 4cm (1,6 inches) for more ground clearance.

- They are 100% sure the Macan will be a succes for Porsche

The end quote:
The Porsche Macan is not the better Audi Q5, but the way more sporty Q5. As crisp and emotional like a Cayman and by far the most agile production SUV ever built. Porsche will have no problems to reach the target of selling 50.000 Macans.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:41 PM
sebis
Racer

I don't have time enough to translate the whole article, but I will mention some key points:

- 0-62mph for Macan Turbo: 4.5 seconds
Much appreciated, did they publish 0-100 km/h for the S?

Quick Reply: Anyone ordering a Macan?