Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche CaymanS and HIP Designs engine makeover

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 10:41 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche CaymanS and HIP Designs engine makeover

Dear Autopians,

It's been a good long while now since I have posted up anything here at Rennlist, many of you may not know me some may remember me.

Many of you have seen some previous Porsche Cayman engines we have painted and then lite up and covered with a HIP designs engine cover, well that's what I am showcasing here today, although we did a bit more with this one.

It's a white 2008 Porsche CaymanS and was bought here in Texas but before going back home to Oklahoma the owner had it shipped to us. First order of business was determining what the owner wanted done and then seeing if we could add any suggestions.

Being white in color there are many colors we could of gone with as an accent like red, black, blue or yellow. Yet that would be boring right? So along comes "acid green" with a touch of a pearl on top to set it off. The owner questioned it until he saw it. So the brake calipers went from stock Porsche red to our custom Concours acid green!

To make the acid green pop even more we powder coated the wheels a satin black. The finished product.

Notice we also replaced the stock "PORSCHE" logo with a custom "CaymanS" logo? He really liked that touch.
Next project was to tackle the engine area. Here is the engine area during the cleaning and masking step.

Now typically I paint the top caps were you see "Porsche" enscribed a white but since we did the calipers with a custom "CaymanS" logo we decided to carry that over to the intake caps as well. The intakes themselves were painted a basalt black with top caps acid green.

Finshed with the custom logo and cleared.

Next up sideview mirrors. The owner wanted something done with them so we decided to remove them and dismantle them. The top portions I tried to hydrodip in carbon fiber but the shape of the mirror was not making this easy so we opted to hydrodip the bottom portion of the mirror in carbon fiber and paint the top part in acid green.

Here is a before....

And the after...

We carried the carbon fiber into the front also. Had to do some body work to the bumper to fill up some drilled holes for the plates and also some road rash on the lower bumper trim pieces and also the bezels around the driving lights.

Here is the before....

And the after....(I just noticed I took an after of the wrong side but you all get the idea)

Onto the inside of the Cayman. He dislikes the silver colored trim on the dash so we removed those pieces, prepped them and hydrodipped them in carbon fiber. I don't believe I have a "before" shot so an after pic will have to do.

The silver colored door handles also got the acid green treatment.

We even removed the side vents and dipped those in carbon fiber.

Before....

After.....(with some added green LED)

The Cayman also got a nice detail inside and out plus we added some LED lights to give the engine some WOW factor.

Oh...we also dipped the front bezel trim just in front of the engine which is normally a silver color as seen in this picture.

A last touch just before delivery was the rear lights tinted and the rear wing painted in the acid green. I had originally dipped it in carbon fiber but we felt the acid green would set the car off.

Thanks for looking and hope you enjoyed.
Anthony
Old 07-14-2013, 12:30 AM
HoBoJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've never been a fan of the color green, but those calipers look sick...
Old 07-14-2013, 10:34 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HoBoJoe
I've never been a fan of the color green, but those calipers look sick...
Yes it's not a color widely used but for an accent color it sure does pop.

The calipers are really set off with the powder coated wheels and us placing a CaymanS logo on them set them apart from others.

Thank You,
Anthony
Old 07-15-2013, 03:07 PM
MisterYe
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That looks great, but I can't help but to wonder how it would look with white LED instead of green. With the green ones, it's taking away from your coloured accents.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:20 PM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Love the interior mods and the calipers
Old 07-15-2013, 04:56 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 719 Likes on 394 Posts

Interesting.

Please get some black lug bolts though!

Quick Reply: Porsche CaymanS and HIP Designs engine makeover