Sponsored by:

991 Engine Hours

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2019, 03:04 PM
kayakerx
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 991 Engine Hours

I'm trying to pull the engine hour information from my car, but I'm at a bit of a loss right now. Hoping the experts here can help! I've downloaded Racecon and have an MSA 2 box to connect to the car. I've tried using this to connect to the car, but I seem to be missing some configuration file or something for the ECU. I got some files from Jerry here on Rennlist, but when I try to load them, it asks for a license. In the files that he sent is a license file, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to load the license file. It can't be this hard to connect to the ECU! What am I missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 11-22-2019, 03:44 PM
redmonkey928
Rennlist Member

Received 317 Likes on 226 Posts

Contact PMNA - the files are available from them depending on your MY car and such. That will give you the license as needed.
Old 11-23-2019, 09:02 PM
C4SGRPDK
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

no need to use racecon, go in the others pages of the cosworth by holding the yellow display button for a few seconds, on the the pages will have the engine hours. the cars needs to be running for that page to be selectable

If you want to use racecon, make sure you're car software and your racecon are the latest versions. if you have an older version on the computer than what's in the car they will have a hard time communicating. if you send me your email I can send you the new versions of the computer and car's software
Old 11-24-2019, 02:05 PM
pold9000
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default pic of cosworth page please

[QUOTE=C4SGRPDK;16249044]no need to use racecon, go in the others pages of the cosworth by holding the yellow display button for a few seconds, on the the pages will have the engine hours. the cars needs to be running for that page to be selectable

hi can you send a pic from the cosworth pages with displaying the hours of the engine
Wolfgang
Old 11-25-2019, 08:37 AM
C4SGRPDK
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

[QUOTE=pold9000;16249987]
Originally Posted by C4SGRPDK
no need to use racecon, go in the others pages of the cosworth by holding the yellow display button for a few seconds, on the the pages will have the engine hours. the cars needs to be running for that page to be selectable

hi can you send a pic from the cosworth pages with displaying the hours of the engine
Wolfgang

Old 11-25-2019, 09:04 AM
Yannick-HST
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 56 Posts

Engine hours on Dashboard only works for Gen. II cars!

Gen. 1 needs racecon...
Old 11-25-2019, 11:15 AM
pold9000
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Yannick-HST
Engine hours on Dashboard only works for Gen. II cars!

Gen. 1 needs racecon...
Yes Yannick, the Gen.2 shows so much more infos - sad that on Gen.1 cars this can not be seen.
Old 11-28-2019, 03:50 AM
FLA997
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kayakerx
I'm trying to pull the engine hour information from my car, but I'm at a bit of a loss right now. Hoping the experts here can help! I've downloaded Racecon and have an MSA 2 box to connect to the car. I've tried using this to connect to the car, but I seem to be missing some configuration file or something for the ECU. I got some files from Jerry here on Rennlist, but when I try to load them, it asks for a license. In the files that he sent is a license file, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to load the license file. It can't be this hard to connect to the ECU! What am I missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Are you running RaceCon as an Administrator? (right click icon, choose Run As Administrator).

Loading the license file is as simple as copying it into the RaceCon Folder (C Drive/Program Files (x86)/Bosch Motorsport/RaceCon) :

Old 12-03-2019, 09:06 PM
kayakerx
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks so much to everyone for the help! I was able to connect with Racecon and get the info I needed. Rennlist to the rescue again!

Quick Reply: 991 Engine Hours