Sponsored by:

For Sale: 997 CUP-R - Extremely Unique, Sorted & Fast

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2020, 04:40 PM
mobonic
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default For Sale: 997 CUP-R - Extremely Unique, Sorted & Fast

Well after almost 8 years of development, I just don't get to drive her anymore due to work and life commitments so I prefer to let someone lese enjoy.

The car is turn key, everything is refreshed and prepared for a season that never came.

Engine is freshly rebuilt with ZERO hours and Transmission has 6 hours on it from total refresh.

Priced to sell. Interested parties can discuss with me over the phone for the details.

Car is located in LAs Vegas at Premier Sports Car Service, where all work has been done to the car since 2012.

This car was built as a dream project and every single item on the car was meticulously thought-out and only the BEST and new parts were fitted. Since being built ayear ago the car has been taken apart and gone through down to the tub by 2 of the best Porsche engineers with top pro level racing & WINNING experience, that know all the tricks.

Over $350k was spent to get the car as is and its perfect for someone looking to compete at the top of GTA2, NASA or SCCA without having the running cost expense of running a RSR/GT3R.

I built this car to see how fast of a car we could make and I could drive.

This cars running costs are the same as a 997 CUP or even less but with better handling and speed than a 991 GT3 Cup.

The car was last run at Rennsport Reunion where it qualified 3rd behind 2 pro drivers, Patrick Lindsey & Cory Freidman in a 997RSR.

CHASSIS:

- 997.1 Chassis, RSR Spec Seam Welded Chassis (took down to tub & seam welded while on cellete by JWE, same company that did all work on FLYING LIZARDS 997 RSR’s)..have all pictures
- Widened front & rear inner fenders with factory GT3R sheet metal welded in (only the GT3R's at factory get this treatment).
- Fully Painted “Sport Classic Grey”.. with vinyl livery overlaid
- Front Fender Louvers & ducting for extra front downforce to stable car with larger rear wing
- 2014 GT3R Rear Wing with uprights welded for chassis for better downforce transfer and safety
- Chassis modified to run at lower RSR ride height with better axle geometery than standard CUP

ENGINE:

- Fresh BBI 4.0L HC with ZERO hours (good for 90+ hours)
- 997 Cup S Cams
- GT3RS 4.0L OEM Manifold for increased airflow with CUP S cams
- PMNA Tuned Engine on Engine Dyno with 3 Engine Maps Selectable on Dash

GEARBOX & DRIVESHAFTS:
- Pankle Titanium Axles - Freshly rebuilt with 3 hours (these will last forever if they are service and rebuilt..no need to replace)
- Rebuilt gearbox with shorter gears for 710mm rear tire (3 hours runtime since rader rebuilt)
- 997/991 RSR Race ABS (12 position adjustable) - updated at factory in 2015 with newest software and tire diameters, and new wheel speed sensors.
- Hollinger paddle shift with butterfly actuator on throttle body (not cable)

BODYWORK:
- Factory GT3R 2012 body work (Front & Fenders)
- Factory GT3R/RSR carbon kevlar fender liners front and rear.
- Full custom carbon fiber flat floor underbody with extended front splitter & diffuser - FOR ADDED NO DRAG DOWNFORCE
- Custom Length Adjustable Extended carbon Fiber Front Splitter with Venturi Tunneling for full flat floor
- 997 RSR factory side skirts for increased airflow under car for added downforce

SUSPENSION:
- RSR subframes front and rear with extra welding fro strength and stiffness
- 997.2 RSR uprights - all 4 corners only 4 hours since serviced
- 997 RSR Brembo endurance brakes - fully rebuilt & serviced
- 997 RSR suspension bits (EVERYTHING)
- 4 way Penske Shocks with Blow Off Valves (special valving) - just result & serviced (custom built by PPM)
- Lengthened wheelbase
- Car set up before Rennsport with help of 2015 IMSA GT3 CUP Champion Elliot Skeer
- Many special chassis modifications for reliability & performance by Park Place Motorsports engineer John Horton & Premier Sports Car Service Kent Moore

FUEL CELL:
- Freshly tested and re-serviced premier fuel cell with carbon tub in 2016 with all new fuel pumps (needs reset by now as car has been in storage since 2017)

EXHAUST:
- Full Custom M&M 4.0L Cup Exhaust can be run unrestricted with just center muffler (107db) or can quick change add 2 additional side mufflers for (98db)
- Both Exhausts systems were tuned on the engine DYNO for no power loss with engine maps

AGAIN THIS CAR WAS TAKEN DOWN TO BARE TUB AND FULL CHECKED EVERY COMPONENT BEFORE ITS ALAST RACE AT RENNSPORT REUNION IN SEPTEMBER 2015.

UPRIGHTS, SUBFRAMES, WHEEL BEARINGS, ENGINE COOLANT PIPES WELDED AND EVERY SINGLE BOLT ON THE CAR CHECKED AND PAINT MARKED.

I was never planning to sell the car. The car is perfect as is and is ready to be raced for many season before it needs anything. You can buy a cheaper car but no other car will have been built and gone through and just checked liked this car has.

I have full pictures of entire build and recent teardown for new buyer only.

Only contact me if you are a serious buyer and have deposit.

So much more I cant even remember. The Chassis is straight and has closer tolerances than a a new tub from PMNA (verified by Park Place motorsports set up jig)

I spent crazy money building and servicing this car.

Anyone that has seen this car in person can attest to the quality and build, no better car out there that I know of, and no other car even built to this quality that has not been pro raced and abused.

PRICE: $125,000 (USD)

Comes with 2 sets of Forgone GA3R wheels that just had new inners and outers, and fully serviced.

Complete spares package available for separate purchase to car that includes, bodywork, brakes, suspension, and tons of spares, almost a trailers load.

Last edited by mobonic; 06-03-2020 at 08:01 PM. Reason: typo's and updated.
Old 01-24-2020, 04:44 PM
mobonic
Drifting

This car will run in PCA GTA2 and is a winning car.
This car is as fast as a 991.2 CUP and more fun to drive.
No comparison to a stock 997 cup in speed and handling.
Old 01-24-2020, 06:21 PM
93 FireHawk 968
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Seems like a lot of car for $120K.
Old 01-24-2020, 06:32 PM
mobonic
Drifting

Originally Posted by 93 FireHawk 968
Seems like a lot of car for $120K.
IT'S a TON OF CAR for the $$$, whoever gets this beat will have a ear to ear grin.
Old 01-24-2020, 07:48 PM
Glen
Race Car

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts

This will be an amazing car...Shane has impeccable taste...his project reflects it.
Old 01-25-2020, 12:04 AM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

my favorite build.
I am sorry you are having to take such a bath but a car like this has to be a labor of love first
Old 01-25-2020, 11:01 AM
MirageJHU
Racer

say it ain't so!

GLWS - I have spent a ton of time around this car and know the owner well. I think it's fair to say it's impossible to find a 911 race car this well sorted, this fast, for this price. Seller is a great guy and the car has been worked on by the best in the business.
Old 01-25-2020, 06:01 PM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 787 Likes on 401 Posts

Does it have the stock motec ADL2 or something else for data/dash?
Old 01-25-2020, 07:17 PM
mobonic
Drifting

Originally Posted by 38D
Does it have the stock motec ADL2 or something else for data/dash?
Stock motec unlocked and upgraded memory

it also has the endurance oil fill system and
Old 01-25-2020, 07:46 PM
Surfbum
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

oh nooooo, this is an incredibly sorted car with all the best parts, a steal at this price.

Buy with confidence from the seller.
Old 01-25-2020, 09:41 PM
Chris L/FL
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Wow...what a car. Interested
Old 01-26-2020, 02:13 PM
wagongotya
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

just lovely.
Old 01-26-2020, 09:39 PM
Steve113
Rennlist Member

Received 263 Likes on 145 Posts

Amazing car at a more amazing price GLWS - cant even imagine the capable lap times of this car
Old 01-26-2020, 09:51 PM
THJR
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Amazing build!
Old 01-27-2020, 05:23 PM
VID997
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Car is truly amazing in person (as it is in the photos). Great guy/seller. Buy with confidence!

Miss seeing you around the track/s!

Cheers,
VID

Quick Reply: For Sale: 997 CUP-R - Extremely Unique, Sorted & Fast