Sponsored by:

997.1 Cup. Motec Brake bias help

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2022, 09:19 PM
mmasse
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 997.1 Cup. Motec Brake bias help

I recently got a 997.1 Cup and will be taking it to the track for the first time this weekend

I was playing around with Motec dash trying to learn how to read the info and I have an issue with the Brake bias.

I remember when the seller showed me the brake bias info it showed a percentage, but now it seems to be showing psi instead

The reading is 1500 front and almost 1000 rear when pedal fully depressed. This looks similar to the 60/40 it show when the seller showed it to me, but why is not showing in percentage??
Could I have accidentally changed it?
.I would appreciate any guidance and if any one has an instructions Manila for the Motec it would be great
.thank you
Old 08-19-2022, 10:47 AM
JaxEddie
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm working though similar questions for my 997.2 that I'm just starting to drive.

Here's a good post I found that might be of some help. https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...beginners.html
Old 08-20-2022, 05:26 PM
J. Kid
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JaxEddie
I'm working though similar questions for my 997.2 that I'm just starting to drive.

Here's a good post I found that might be of some help. https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...beginners.html
The post linked above should be required reading for any new cup owner without ABS. The warning about starting off with too much rear bias should be heeded. In a high speed downhill braking zone it can cause snap oversteer.

OP: Sounds like you have brake pressure sensors. I ran a year and a half without them and just had mine installed so I'm no expert but if you are seeing 1500psi front and 1000psi rear that seems to be a very extreme front bias. I didn't think the car was capable of such extremes with the correct master cylinder sizes.

Quick Reply: 997.1 Cup. Motec Brake bias help