Sponsored by:

Is it worth updating Motec VCS?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2024, 10:00 AM
sprbxr
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Is it worth updating Motec VCS?

I have Motec VCS in my 997 Cup. The resolution is low and having to have an antique laptop pc to download videos to is a pain. Is there an HD upgrade to my current VCS or do I need to get a completely new system. I'm not opposed to going in another direction but I like that my current system is integrated with my other motec stuff already in my car.

Thanks
Old 02-27-2024, 01:13 PM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 787 Likes on 401 Posts

Motec has the V2 camera which is fully integrated with i2.. The resolution is ok, but the newer systems like VBox are better and easier to use for basic video with overlay. So the answer depends a bit on what your goals are, but for most people, a VBox is the better choice.
Old 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,890 Likes on 1,695 Posts

The VCS has been obsolete for more than 15 years. The VCS-HD was a short-lived, very expensive upgrade. The MoTeC V2 is no longer made.

MoTeC and Racelogic, makers of the VBOX Motorsport VBOX Video HD2 and other video/data loggers, have collaborated to make the VBOX Video HD2 the preferred video solution for MoTeC loggers.

The directions for connection, configuration and pulling in the automatically synced video are attached. DM me if you would like a recommendation on where to source this in such a way to reduce your workload.

Attached Files
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Quick Reply: Is it worth updating Motec VCS?